• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big engines? I work on a Cooper W330 that puts out 8000 Hp and can move around 700MMCF on NG per day. We also have 3 Enterprise 4 strokes that produce 4000 Hp each with a couple of 1000 Hp turbines and a 3000 Hp unit I cut my teeth on 300 hp 1929 Horizontals with 30" pistons they were huge chunks of iron converted from steam to Natural gas fired compressors I am 6'4" and could stand in the fly wheel spooks

Wow, today is a GREAT day! I just approved 7 of 7 user requests - all of them followed the instructions!! There's hope!!!
lol.gif

good mornin all, still lookin for info on the correct placement of the hood strip on a 149.
hopin to make some progress on my 149 this weekend, plan to get the wheels, weights, gas tank, and other misc parts painted and on. and maybe even the decals.

Doug B. -

I'll say it again - if you think <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> had some guy with a ruler measuring out EXACTLY where to put every decal so that EVERY tractor was EXACTLY the same...
lol.gif

I've seen them right at the flare, I've seen them a bit above the flare, which is "correct"? Who knows. Neither my 169 nor the 129 that I had were ever re-decaled, yet the decals are in different positions...

bryan d. well in that case i'll just take a measurement off my 106, that way when there next to each other they'll look correct. just figured with the wealth of knowlege here some would have the answer.

Doug-
Some of them may be in the same place. When I got my 128 it didnt have a hood. When I bought a hood off of another 128 the decals on the dash and the hood actually line up somewhat...

Anyone have a picture of the plowshare on a Brinly plow? I was given one and it seems as though there should be more of a point on the plowhare. I need a photo to know for sure.

Thanks, Digger. Mine needs a new plow share, the point looks like it is missing completely. Appears that it may have broken off.

Had a great Cub day! Paul Funk had a get together at his place and I was able to finally meet Charles McCarty. A great time talkin' trash and tractors! A special thanks the the Funks once again for their hospitality and kindness.

Mike

ps - Bryan were your ears getting' warm ? LOL

Digger,
My plow share is straight across on the bottom. The photo you listed indicates the share goes straight across to a protruding point. That protruding point is gone on mine. Thanks for your help.

Doug, that is great!!! I am happy that you picked it up. Is it in good shape? So now what are you going to do with that pesky 10hp? I know a guy who will take it off your hands.
lol.gif

Got the carburator adjusted on the 10hp Original. Man, I am really liking it already. When I let the clutch out in 3rd full throttle, there is no hesitation. Just VROOOM!

Since I didn't get a chance to display the "zig" grill yesterday, here it is today! 8op
15493.jpg

Hey guys,
Most of you that are regulars here know of Dave Kirk and the excellent detailed work he does. I admire his attention to detail and respect his mechanical knowledge. Dave and I have discussed several topics over the past couple years through e mail. I was the first to buy a couple of his custom/modified breather covers. Which without a doubt keeps my cubs cleaner, longer..
I live in the north east and winter temps can go to minus 35 degrees below zero here. When Dave explained his latest project the PointsSaver to me I told him I wanted one. He asked if I would field test a proto type unit for cold weather durability and performance.
After daily morning and evening starts @ sub zero weather and several starts at -20 to -25 below zero. I can honestly say that Daves
PointsSaver which produces a hotter spark improved the starting ability of my 149.
Points had been a large problem in Ign. systems for years. That's why the automotive industry turned to electronic ign. Converting your Kohler K series to solid state ign. is expensive and requires partial disassembly of the motor. Daves PointsSaver will provide basically the same results for far less money and is very simple to install. Dave has come up with two great products for our cubs. Give them a try you won't be disappointed..
ASE Master Auto/HD Truck Tech..

MIKE B i do have one of dave points savers and love it, tractor runs better has more power and starts a hole lot easy. i just ordered two more for my other units.would recommend it to every one.it is by the best impovment i have done to my tractor.

Back