• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Geez Bryan,
Your gettin a little diplomatic there ain't ya buddy!
15473.gif

Charlie -

After last night's power outtage and lack o'sleep, yeah, I'm not quite myself tonight
lol.gif

Alan-
I've had that link sent to me quite a few times. Hopefully when someone reads it, they're not just impressed with the size of the Sulzer engine, but look into other Sulzer engines and their great size. When I worked at Waukesha Engine, their biggest engines are natural-gas redesigned versions of a Sulzer AT engine, same engine that was put into "wide body" locomotives like the SD-40 run by Union Pacific, UP60. While the size of the locomotive diesel is impressive, what's even more impressive is that IS THE SMALLEST engine Sulzer ventured into. They have a long history and have made some mega-diesels. GOOD STUFF!!!! Then again, not to diminish the greatness, durability, and simplicity of EMD diesels. . . . . Working next to a Detroit 16V-149 still shakes my bones!

Dang I miss working with big engines, I suppose working on big tool chests & cabinets isn't too bad of a trade.

alan
i think someone posted that awhile back too.
its pretty awsome. i think if ya stretch the frame
a little it will fit in a cub, but the front axle might be a problem.

We're gonna have a heat wave tomorrow!!! It's supposed to get up to 8. First time it'll be above zero for several days. I took two days off to work on the 4X4, but it's just too damn cold!!

Bryan McM.,where did you get your numbers?I weighed one three weeks ago and I hope the ecales I used are not that far off.
730-175 driver+20 fenders +20 creeper =595 or 765 with driver.
your_image.gif

to the Cadet brain trust:

I have a 106 and a bunch of implements for it.

I'm looking for a second machine to share them.

That means I'm looking for a NF with QA frame.

The 124 apparantly has those - how about the rest of the series: 72 and 104 (just looking for gear models)

Yeehaw! I am back in the Great Northwest, and man did I miss it!!! Sunny South California is nice, but HOME IS HOME!!! Not to mention that I missed my Cubs WAAAYYYY TOOOO MUCH. First list of things on my agenda is to get that Carburator adjusted on the 10hp, then I need to get the grill and pedestal lifted as needed.... Took me a few to get caught up with all the reading.

jeff r glad you made it back, btw thanks for the info on the k301, the guy dropped of today.
baldguy.gif

Alan G:
Are you going to bring the QL 1850 to the STD Plow Day in Austin, MN? Since it already has a sleeve hitch & adapter, all you need is your front wheels back and you're ready to go! :eek:)
Keith

John P -

If you reread Mr. Winter's post, you will see that he asked about a 149.

The numbers came from an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> brochure (reread MY post, too, that's what I said - brochure = propaganda, ya know).

Bryan,on Jan/29/04 at 6:35 PM,John Winter asked,"what's a 70 with fenders and creeper and stock rubber weigh?"
Maybe we were talking about different posts.Also couldn't help but notice that my math is off by 5 lbs.
BTW "Good morning."

Bryan,just found that other post,the one you were replying to.John asked about a 70 and a 149 in two different posts.

Nicholas A This 149 ended up in Dumas, Texas some time in the early to mid 90s my dad worked for the guys that work on the green stuff. In 2003 I went and picked it up on a trailer and relocated it to Southeast Texas I have a rototiller attachment and a belly mower and a home made aerator for it and a lot of work to getting it back into running condition I have 16 acres with about 1 of that needing care the rest is in hay I was looking to get a good service manual but needed to make sure that I was getting the right one
Thanks Clayton

Latest posts

Back