• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James P.
Now that's a seat! You goin for comfort or is yer butt that big you need that wide body seat.

BTW, Nice lookin tractor!!!!!

Charlie- the seat is twice the size of my butt, so I guess I enjoy the comfort. It wraps around your back for great support and the spring suspension allows you to lean back into it. I aquired it about 4 Cubs ago and have kept it alive, it was just upholstered for this project.

Thanks......JIM

dang what a fine display of slant grilles !
James p that is a way cool seat on that excellent slant grille, i bet arts got a case grille envy going on by now.

can anyone tell me the correct distance of the hood strip from the lower edge of on a 149 ?
hopefully i'm gona make some progress on my 149 this weekend.

Travis:
On those two Kohler 25hp twins you inquired about... I think that the primary difference between the Command (...25s) & the Command Pro (...730...) is the air cleaner assy. The Pro series has an a/c assy that's better suited to industrial applications. You'll want to check with a Kohler dealer to verify that claim.

When I was searching for engines for the 129+ I obtained some literature about Kohler engines. As memory serves me, the hp/torque figures were identical but the height dimension was different. The Pro was taller by some amount.

Good luck!

Ryan:
I like your Cub lift. I got thinking that you could save some real $$$ by just using that as a birthing table for Amanda and your soon-to-arrive son. "Hospital, Shmospital - who needs one?"
You could pitch it like this:
(Ryan) "Honey, if you have Cyrus right here on this adjustable birthing table, we could put 1/2 of the money we save into Cyrus' college account right away."
(Amanda) "That's great, but what about the other 1/2?"
(Ryan) "Like DUH!, Cub money, dear..."

It's a thought.

Question-
Is the mounting flange, in terms of the spacing between the two threaded holes, not the pipe threads, for exhaust the same between a K341 block and a K321 block?

Looks like I answered my question, they're differnt, 2.750 spacing on a K341 vs. 2.500 spacing on a K321.

Keith E., good one!

James P., excellent job on the 1x5!!!!! Man those chains are shiney! That number on the side of the dash almost looks like it says 104?????? I see it has headlights, where is the switch? It doesn't appear to be in the "proper" location which is that hole just below the dash and slightly rearward of the battery box, you can see the hole in the large photo. The snowthrower tires look great, have you had a chance to use it in snow yet? I bet they really steer. Are those lights or reflectors on the rear fenders? Any chance you could post a detail photo of the grill screen? And wow what a seat! :eek:)

Travis, if you get it, before you fire up your torch, please send me a couple of photos and some pricing details. TIA

I'm with Doug, <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

dang what a fine display of slant grilles !<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

It sure is cooold here this morning!
15463.jpg

James P.: Very cool. Congratulations.

Mark B.: Once again, awesome job on the 124.

Keith E.: Ah, the makings of another chapter in the "Trouble with Yellow Fever" novel. We should collect these stories and publish. . .Think of all the royalties pouring into the Cub funds. Think of all of the wifes begging for the 2nd edition. . .

Kraig:
the Decal on the hood would indicate (I think) that James P's slant grille is a hydro.

Ray, I can see where it says "hydrostatic" on the side of the hood and that it has a hydro control lever. But that decal on the side of the dash sure looks like it says "104"!?!?!?!?!?

hey all,
just sitting around today with no boulders to haul, good thing to cold out. questions of the day, my 147, the 1/4x1-1/2" dowel pin that connects the flywheel to the drive shaft sheared off, any ideas on how to remove the frozed in pin in the middle of the shaft the easiest? also i have a brinly plow and in need of a point for it, where would the numbers be on the plow if any so i can talk with my dealership here. They said they need a number and i cannot find one. i appreciate any help i can get on this. stay warm

Justin, a pin punch should pop the remains of the spirol pin right out. If Robb K. is lurking out there today he'll know where that Brinly number is located.

Robb K., you out there?????

Kraig,
I tried a pin punch and a bfh and still couldn't budge it. Would it be safe to heat it with the acy. torch then cool it off to break the rust loose or will that distort the shaft and make it out of round?

Justin, is it on the hydro input shaft, or the drive shaft? If it's the hydro input shaft you'll want to be careful with both the hammer and the heat. A little heat might break it loose. Perhaps some of the others on here with more experience with them will have some suggestions. Sigh, if only KENtuckey KEN W. would have gone into production with his pin removal tool.....

Kraig, its on the driveshaft where the coupler is on the engine. I hear you on the pin removal tool. Well since the cub is broken i have to break down and go get the (yuck) green 4450 out and make a path for the semi. thanks alot hopefully someone has an idea.

Did the swap of the sweepster yesterday in the cold since we had just a "dusting" and the blade is at the welding shop getting the main frame "beefed up". I do agree with Kevin that the sweepsters are fun as long as you can keep going forward. I even impressed a couple of neighbors with how handy these little tractors are. They were happy to see me coming around the block cleaning the sidewalk off so that they didn't have to go out in the cold.

Justin - on the pin removal I always soakem with a quality penetrating oil such as Thunder Bolt or PB Blaster and then a 1/4 inch pin punch with a medium size hammer, a BFH is too tempting to whack fingers with.

(Message edited by hsimon on January 30, 2004)

Keith, you mean the overall engine was taller, or the crankshaft centerline??

Back