• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 28, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Paul, this is all I can find on the CC42/CC36 snowthrower.
blush.gif
facepalm.gif

293712.gif

293713.jpg

Harry,why would ya need to add anything to a small cub ? Ya still get seat time and have just as much fun doing what ya can do in half the time. To me id rather have more seat time over less ;)

Kraig, that looks almost like the CW-36 except the directional for the chute. Id guess many of the older ones like these were very similar with a few changes. Ive never seen a cc-36/42 before but the pic looks a lot like my thrower....interesting.

Don T - you must have missed Mike M's message where he stated "Is it safe to say i would not have to have this turned and i can run a standard size rod?" I guess I could have told him the only thing that is safe to say is that the 1.184 crank would need to be ground, and he would need a .010 over rod, and last I knew the rods for a 7hp Kohler had gone the way of the buffalo.

Doug - I got a coffee can, and about a dozen paint cans I can take the handles off. Now all I need is to retire, find a house with a back porch, an original wire bale, so I could get started filling up the coffee can. Course since Charlie posted they're coming back soon I guess I'll have to take another one off my list of retirement exercises.

Amy - I think Mike said something about going out at 9AM or so (can't recall exactly) and didn't get dinner and a shower until 9PM. Are you really sure you want that much seat time in blowing snow? (Course I don't know Mike to well, and he might'a gone into his shed a few times to taste test his tools, and get a couple warm-up flashes).

Harry, lol that sounds like a perfect day for me. Send some snow this way where I can play for 12 hrs. Its been a few years since ive seen snow that bad and I spent a day cleaning snow.

hysroHarry,
thanks for the clarification. i am looking at Kohler cross reference sheet. It did not have the max wear on it. You are correct, i missed the extra one.
So that 1.184 maybe why it is such a good price... back to the drawing board.
thanks

Doug B.
Hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
It's been in the process for over a year, but the die is finally being made as I type, so we're gettin closer.

Ok Charlie I'll hold out and wait. hopefully not 24k gold plated or any thing

Also need to know where the light switch is suppose to mount on a 123

Doug B - the 2nd one I made out of a paint can handle only took about 10 min. using 2 good dikes.
Also, the light switch for a 123 goes in the same place as it does on a 122 and a 102. Maybe Kraig has a few pics - should be left side of the dash pedestal.

Don T - are you suggesting using an insert on an old rod? I guess if he can't find a new rod for a 7hp then there isn't much choice. I gotta get out of this internal engine discussion stuff - I'm not a machinist and it gets over my head quickly.

Harry

I do plan to try an insert someday. If the rod is not damaged , I will insert it and use it.

Don - it's been my understanding the rod is the weakest link to the Kohler engine. If you add an insert I'm pretty certain you're taking away material to do it - making the rod even weaker.

Harry

dress the rod to remove a thou (if needed)and cut the crank down . I think rod issues are always from the crank end cause by lubrication issues. every engine failure I ever saw was the rob from the crank coming apart from not the correct amount of lubrication I think. I see the windows the rod makes.

Hello everyone, can someone tell me if a cub cadet 1650 with a snow thrower is good unit to throw the snow a good distance? I have a plow on the unit now which works great, but I eventually run out of room for the snow. If so whats a good attachment?

Thanks everyone

Ed C - We were just discussing a thrower vs. blade a week or so ago, and the issue of building up banks with a blade. I think a 1650 with a Model QA42A snow thrower will give you one of the best snow moving machines you can put together. The snow thrower must be rust free on the auger, housing and chute, or it may clog. If the thrower is in good condition it should throw the snow 20-35 feet, depending on the snow (if it's slushy a lot less).

You need to make sure the thower model has that letter "A" suffix (QA42A) so it will fit the wide frame 1650. The QA42A is 42in wide, but you could get by with a QA36A which is 36" wide but your rear tires may track just a little wider. There is also a QA36B out there which is just a later version of the QA36A and will also work.

Thank you hydro Harry that was the perfect answer that I was looking for. Now to try and find a qa42a snow thrower that won't brake the bank. I am a amputee who likes to take care of my own property. Having the snow thrower attachment I think I would be able to do my sidewalks. Thanks again

Ed C - I should have mentioned there are also Model QA42 and QA36 out there. They do not have the letter "A" suffix and won't fit your wide frame 1650 tractor.

TED NEWMAN!!! I see in your profile the last time you checked in on The Forum was January 27, 2015. Have you resolved your lifting prolblems with your blade? If so what was the issue? Linkage, Pump or ????
1a_scratchhead.gif

If you don't want to share what you've discovered my question is simple.... Did we help with diagnosing your problem or not? Without YOUR reply and with the very little information that you provided us makes me no longer want to help anyone that even seems they don't care enough to not followup and let us know if anyone help solve their problem. How would you like that done to you? You gave us very little information and asked us to step in and solve your problem.Please respond as to if we solved your lift problem.

Back