• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old.gif

ART, Looks like KRAIG has good taste.He sure picked a nice one to steal. Did you have any problem getting it back? LOL
ROD

Went to my local CC dealer to buy some parts and looked over the new GTs. Looks like they went back to the old setups underneath. Don't care for the plastic hood. Liked the new fab deck. Can't justify paying all that money for a new tractor when mine do more things and do a good job. And besides what would I have to tinker on. Dealer said get rid of that old junk. I just laugh.

Hello, Just purchased a new GT 2000 series cub cadet. One sweet machine with plenty of power. a v-twin 20 hp. My first hydrostatic cub cadet. Cant believe how fast I can mow now...just love it.....check out the new 2000 series...

I priced one at the dealer for 6995.00. They offered a pretty good trade in price for my 2009 2550. I'm still debating, I have a surgery to pay for first.

The problem presented by evaluating any older vehicle is comparing what its worth you you versus what it is worth to a prospective buyer, regardless of its "true" value. What we're talking about here is the "market."

I know what I've spent on my tractor. I also know that I can never hope to recoup that cost at sale. That leaves me with getting the value out of my tractor by using it.

I firmly believe that Cub Cadets were built to be used. Their value comes from using them --and reusing them. They can take anything old men and young boys can throw at them.

(Young boy abuse them; old men "tune" them to death.)

Anyway, love my Cubs, great forum!
greenthumb.gif

What cost $1500 in 1970 (a 149?) would cost $8327.01 in 2010.
Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2010 and 1970,
they would cost you $1500 and $259.23 respectively.
<font color="0077aa">This is so ball park it isn't funny - it comes from an inflation caalculator that I use now and then just to keep life today in perspective.
happy.gif
</font>

In 1970 my dad made about 9 bucks an hour and that was very good money for facory work in our area. What was gas prices that year 29-35 cents a gallon.

The Aussies ought to love that 'roo guard..Looks like a lot of plastic. Too bad they couldn't ...(ahh never mind, we knew they couldn't come up with a real retro design)(MOO)

<font color="808080">Who could text and mow with a 149?
happy.gif
</font>
<font color="aa00aa">I still dream of making a 123 look and act like the ones that IH put out there to introduce their hydrostatic garden tractors to the Cub Cadet line. Maybe for the 60th anniversary? Hey, Don T.: Challenge??
happy.gif
happy.gif
We've both got one that we don't know what to do with! </font>

<font color="119911">And for my final thought before shutting this thing down: The new machines have cup holders. I'm thinking more of a velcro attached can holder that can be strapped to my right leg while I'm using the only 2 hands I have to steer and "speed" my hydros. Went gear, liked it, won't go back. (bang head).</font>

FrankenMan - When I bought my 2166 it came with a "drink holder" too. Travel coffee mug is to big , Pepsi can was to big ... MTD sent me a tapered bottom travel tumbler for it.

Never been used !

I gotta go clean my glasses ... colours keep changin on me ........

I've had a drink holder on the 129 for years....big 'ol speaker magnet with one of those soft heavy foam can koozie things glued on top...Had to punch holes in the foam so it'd let loose of the can when I wanted a drink.. The most significant feature was that it would de-carbonate any pop in about 30 seconds of run time on the Cub.......

As 007 says, "Shaken not stirred."

On that new one below , is it one pedal for foward and another pedal for reverse ?
My 2166 is a 2 style and I say Cub (no matter the company) is still trying to get somebody hurt.
What's wrong with a simple rocker pedal ? Toe forward and heel reverse ... like my 127.

I still say the dual can helmet serves two purposes. Keeps a can close with little fizz loss from vibration, protects yer head and if you replace one of the cans with a container of popcorn your good to go all day.

<font color="ff6000">KentuckyGuy - no matter how dirty your glasses are I bet you'd recognize a brook trout!
</font><font color="119911">All our (my) hopes for the 50th are gone, now. But wait -- the 60th is just around the corner!!!!
happy.gif
</font>

Hydro Harry or anyone who has seen this problem.
I have been looking at a 149 for a couple of months waiting on the owner to have someone get it running. I finaly gave up and went out and got it running my self. It was simple. It runs great mowed ok but the hydro was making a banging noise so I got to checking it and discovered some of the bolts that hold it to the frame are gone the others are stripped. Looks like a major job to fix. Have any of you seen this and if so how to fix it Any info would be appreciated. David

Back