• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 26, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim S sweet 982 I’m fond of those cubs,unfortunately all of my cub activities will have come to a stop for now,last night I took a spill over one of my dogs toys that he left by the foot of my bed and broke my shoulder blade.

Ethan,

I learnt a long time ago, ALWAYS turn the light on at night! Wishing a speedy recovery for you.

Jim,

Real nice tractor! Great job!
greenthumb.gif

OOOOOoooooo... Ethan, that sounds nasty. I've come close to doing that. We've got 3 dogs and leave their toys everywhere. Hope you can heal up quickly.

I brought my 1000 down to our church and mowed the lawn. We had a lot of rain early in the month followed by sun so the grass was thick, tall and wet. Some of the other guys tried push mowers but it looked like a bad haircut. They were impressed with the job my 1000 did.

Yes, I was wearing shorts and a tshirt. If you look closely in the background you can see the Pacific Ocean,

324502.jpg

Ethan-Broke my scapula once when I hit a deer on a motorcycle. Doctor said it must have been a hard hit because the scapula floats. Did you damage any nerves? There’s a big bundle of them that travel around the shoulder blade. Get healed quick.

I recently had some bad luck with my QA-42A. Wet snow froze & ice chunks caused the spirol pin in the drive shaft to break. While replacing the pin, I noticed one of the quick-attach pins on the mounting bracket was broken off, so I had that replaced. Since it was just like new again, and since Santa didn't bring me new Vredestein 5-ribs for the front of my 782, I bought a pair from Miller Tire. Got them mounted just in time for a new snowfall and (wait for it...) the tractor wouldn't start. By now I'm starting to get a complex! I manually shorted across the solenoid and it spun the starter, so it was time to remove the fuel tank to access the ignition switch for trouble shooting. (First, I checked for 12V at solenoid when switch was turned to "start" position - nothing there.) After removing the switch and checking the functions with ohm meter and wiring diagrams from this forum, I discovered very eratic and intermittent functions. There was some corrosion on and around the contacts on the back of the switch,so I cleaned it all up with my Dremmel and a little wire brush, but it didn't change anything. Apparently there are issues inside the switch. The moral of this long story is that we are really fortunate to have this forum providing access to wiring diagrams, knowledge sharing, parts-lookup, and parts for our old tractors. Thank you Charlie!

(And for anyone who's never ordered any parts from CC Specialties (see sponsor button above), the service is amazing - I'll have my new switch in hand by mid-week, without having to drive 25 miles to a "local dealer and hope they have it in stock.)

Doug- left arm and hand were completely numb at the ER when the doctor did his exam but he believed that my shoulder was also dislocated...the numbness went away after the imaging technician made me put my arm above my head on the exam table that’s when the doctor believes my arm popped back into place and relieved the numbness but with those pictures they found that my scapula is fractured

Greg, with a little patience those switches can be taken apart and the contacts cleaned and reassembled.

If you are having trouble with the keys falling out while running that issue can be addressed also while it's apart. There is a tiny spring inside that keeps the key tight while in the on position. They get gummed up and will rust

David - No problem with the key staying put. I thought about opening the switch this afternoon, but the weather guessers are predicting 6" of snow tonight, so I put everything back together. I figure an intermittent connection is better than nothing - at least it gives me hope that it'll start again. (It did start when I tested it after re-assemly.) Once the new switch arrives, I plan to open this one and clean it all up like new. Then I'll have a spare switch, and experience! And I think I may be able to sneak the switch out without removing the fuel tank, too. The wires are longer than they appear.
Thanks for the input.

Thanks guys. It was a lot of hard work doing all that math sizing those beams and making them tapered. The hydraulic system was way easier to calculate.

Ethan, That's terrible. I hope you heal up soon so you can get back at them.

What a load of crap!
The U.S. Postal Service has joined the growing list of closures for Wednesday, Jan. 30. The USPS announced that will suspend delivery on Wednesday for Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Iowa and Western Illinois.

Ordered Sunday afternoon, on my doorstep Tuesday afternoon. Outstanding! Thanks, Charlie!

324532.jpg

I read where the Forever stamp is going to .55c, biggest rise in rate $ in umpteen years

Back