• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 26, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snicklas

displayname
Scott Nicklas
Doug,

Three really nice pieces of equipment there (looks like you have a Quietline hiding in the shed). The Cubs will push a lot for their size. Like I posted earlier with snow, if it is less than hood high, and you get a good Ramming Speed going if it is less than hood deep, you can still move it.

Only thing I noticed, and it may just be the video, but I would check the WOT speed of the 123. To me is just sounded a bit fast. (more than the 3600rpm spec). May have just been the recording, but I don't want to see it come apart on you.

Scott. No QL, your seeing my 149, there's 169 hiding in there too. I did have to use some BRS with the 123 the to get the pile moving. I plan on checking the rpm on both the 123 & 106 this weekend. I don't know if the 123 sounds fast or the 106 sounds slow. The 106 is definitely a much quieter tractor.

Sorry guys.. we finally get some serious snow so I ain't sharing!
lame.gif

At 10:50 pm, there's only 4 maybe 5 inches on the ground, but the wind is howling fast! I'm going to bed and we'll get after it in the morning.

Doug - I'm with Scott on the rpm's being to fast on the 123. I'll bet you're pushing 4000 or better. I could tell immediately when you hit the throttle. Sorry I forgot to mention that before. The 106 sounded perfect, right at 3600. Oh, and another thing, I might be willing to let my wide frame blade go for the right price BUT only if my son sends me the rear grader blade he picked up.

Mike F - it's almost 3AM your time and if'n ya get out of the sack you'd see there are another 4 or 5 inches so ya better get at it before it gets to 18 inches.

Ok , I know I should have been ready "but" I can say I`am ready now for the white <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>. Let her come I have a single stage mounted on the 1512 diesel with a 3.5" pulley on the thrower and old 42" that I have been wanting to try out in some deep snow . Well they have been promising some snow for tonight and I`am ready . just finished fixing the wiper motor so It now works and using wax on the ziper on the cab door so it slides easy .The blower is greased and mounted ready for the snow.I wanted to slip plate the chute and well it got one coat and I think it looks good. let her snow boys ,cause I will have a video to post if we do get some snow. dang I got my fingers crossed lol.

Don, get us some action pics!

Good Morning All.. it's 8:30 am here and with no power during the night we slept over with no alarm. One side of the house is down to grass but the other side has a couple feet.

With the wind still blowing hard I'm gonna leave the blade on rather than getting a facefull from the thrower..

I'll see if the wife will be willing to snap some shots for ya'll.

Mike F - if I understand your post correct I can't wait to see your wife snapping some shots of you with a face full of snow. My wife would jump at the chance to give me a face full of snow.
roflol.gif

Don,

Make sure you add a positive stop on the adjuster (1/4" bolt works great), otherwise it will back off under load.

If it is tight, it will take everything a Mag18 can throw at it, right up to the point where the engine dies....BTDT...BTTS.....
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve

I think I`am missing some parts on the snow thrower. There is no tee handle to turn to tighten the belt . I adjusted the belt by moving the plates by the four bolts that hold the plates together . I need to research this some more to see what is missing and fab up some thing .

Don,
Make sure you have a good newer belt. If they are old and dry it's hard to get them not to slip.
Getting a new one helped me.

Don, I believe you have a QA42A set up to run on a later wide frame (some call these 82 series and newer a spread frame) Cub Cadet with a 5/8" belt. If so, here is a rear view of the belt tension adjuster of a QAxxA snowthrower. Note the "Tee" handle on the left side.

293692.jpg

Here's another view of it.

293693.jpg

need some crank shaft opinions.
i found a k161 crank for my 70 online for what i feel is a fair price.
I see the spec book calls the crank pin diameter 1.86. Seller claims his used crank is 1.84. Is it safe to say i would not have to have this turned and i can run a standard size rod? Pictures show a good clean surface. My crank has a nice groove in the rod section.
i have a k161 out of an O but it is a running engine i do not want to dismantle to make my 70 block a runner. I do not like the O block because the dip stick is under the GEN.
thanks matt

Charlie. Thanks again for your response and pics of the M@W 9 speed. That thing is really cool and I was not aware of those before!!

Doug - all the guys broke their cameras. Even Mike F's broke after his wife threw snow in his face. You can just keep replaying Don T's link to see his snow thrower really blow and then die down.
Hey - I see your wanted posting for a wire bale. I think you and thousand others would like to buy one. They've been NLA from CCC for some time now. I made my last 2 out of handles from a gallon paint can. Near perfect match to wire size and stiffness. Course I had an original to make my copies from which made it awhole lot easier, but you can probably do pretty well using your picture and taking some measurements at the top of your handle where the holes are to insert the wire bale, and the button it depresses. You should have enough wire from a gallon paint can handle to give yourself 3 good tries. Report back on your success (don't bother if you fail
happy.gif

well all there is on this blower is the drive pulley . I will have to look in my Cub storage for the parts . I guess I should not have left this till last thing and expect it to work. But I think the 450 will get a mod and installed for next winter . It was nice thought not having the snow blow over me . I found the cab was warm as well and had to remove my gloves and open my jacket . Thanks kraig and Charlie and Steve for the great info.

Back