• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY CROW Aaron, I think you stole someones dumpster to build that thing, looks neat. LOL.

Aaron you really should of let us wonder for a day or so.... but that is a cool big bucket

oh and a nice IH cub

Kendal forget going 1700 miles to Hydro Harry I am a lot closer
err.gif

Nice find on the 169 I wish to find one someday myself

Aaron,
Nice bucket!!! Have you had the chance to play with the "V" blade idea you had a while back?

Kendal - you know there were only 4005 of them built, so if you're giving her a rest in the garage, please please please make sure you've got a BIG lock on the door, and you might even want to remove the city name from your profile. Ooh, and make sure you have your insurance policy updated to include "precious metals".

Jeff B - if you're interested in jumping on I-80 and going about 800 miles due east I have a couple pics of one in the bushes and one in a shead. I have a GPS that is set up to find them, but the one Kendal got must have been shielded with a type of aluminum roof.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(there's loads of life in Kendal's - it just needs help)

Kevin - now you gone and done it. Gotta show you what mine looked like 20 years ago, and then 12 years ago after restoring it.
This is 20 years ago
234728.jpg

And this is 12 years ago after working it over
234729.jpg

Jeff B - the pics just came thru. This is what my GPS just picked up about 800 miles from you.
234730.jpg

and here is the other one
234731.jpg

Hey Charlie - since it's 169 day we need more details!!!!! Is that a 13 fin Kohler K341 on your find? My 20 year old is 13 fins, but my GPS locater signal is telling me only 1 of the 2 units way out east has 13 fins.

Kendal - did you count your fins yet????

Kevin - how many fins are on that K341?

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (especially 13 fin'rs)

Harry B.
To be honest, I never counted them.
I guess when I get done with #2, I could report back on what they both have for ya.
234736.jpg

you guys are teasing me with the 169 day, Harry if I had the cash I would go 800 miles.

In the meen time I have to look closer to home and hope for a low price... I can't bear the thought of thinning my herd to get a 169

TROY - Supposedly the 13-fin 16 HP blocks have VERY thick cylinder walls and can be bored out from their stock 3-3/4" bore to 4.00" bore.

The garden tractor pullers pay silly money for them. Probably 2-3 times what a CC 169 with one would sell for.

Troy, The pullers want them because with the thick cylinder walls, They can punch them out to a much larger bore and they will put out 20+ H.P. and give them an advantage in their 16 H.P. class...

Kevin - lets see, I counted 10 fingers and 3 toes so that makes 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy - I'm not sure there is a "normal" 16hp block. My understanding is the early Kohler K341 block design did have 13 fins, and right around the time IH built the 169 they changed the casting and went to a 12 fin block that was not as thick as the 13 fin. Since some of the 169s have 12 fins it seems Kohler built both versions for awhile. I think someone on here posted about having a 13 fin AQS engine (K341AQS) in a 1650 Quiet Line but haven't seen it.

Jeff - no cash huh, how about buying it a piece at a time. Could start with something like the hour meter mount bracket on the left side, then maybe the #30 carb, some various pieces, and at about the half way point you could get the engine shroud with the tag K341A, Spec 71154A. I might have more pics later and shoot you an e-mail to discuss further.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and you can't add a fin to a 12 fin engine)

Yes Harry cash is low right now, christmas and 4 birthdays in 2 months and the wifes van needs replacing bad.

I do keep my eye open for a k341, as I have 149 roller just waiting to grow up into a 169.

Jeff - you can't do that. It would be cheat'n!!! And you wouldn't have the correct IH tractor model/serial number tag which has to be much much harder to come by than a K341. It does have to be a K341A as well. If you get an AQS it will have a ring gear on the flywheel and integraded starter. You could possibly convert it, but then you're looking for the correct flywheel and correct shroud with the correct Kohler tag. It gets to be quite difficult and probably cost you more than finding the original, but then again I haven't been looking to hard except in my son's shed where the GPS homed in. For what it's worth, I might be posting one of his 169's in the classified on here soon.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and love those K341A 13fin Kohlers)

Back