• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 86 with new meat on the front and the 1250 ready for snow minus chains havent needed them yet

234687.jpg

234688.jpg

Mike P - sorry I'm just catching up and saw your post on the reel mowers. My son has never tried using them. They just hook up to the draw bar. I do wonder myself how they turn. With the turn radius on these old Cubs I suspect they work quite well.

Don T - it's been awhile for me, but if I recall the original grease fittings are a push-in type, and fairly easy to remove, except when they are broken off. Hopefully you have a local NAPA that should have quite a variety of fittings, and yes, the push in type should have a very slight taper at the base which also makes them a little hard to keep straight when pushing them in - they tend to wobble off so you'll need a very close fitting socket to keep it quite straight.

JJ Mills - that's quite the meat on the front of that 86. I think you'd be better served swapping them around with the ones on the 1250., especially on snow. By the way, I can see a couple 40+ year old horses in your pic. How do you keep them feed in the winter?

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

hey guys with the ag tires one the fronts of your cub dose it help on stering when u got a snow blower on

Jessy,
I am running skinny Tri-Ribs on the snow blower 129, and skinny lug treads on my blade pusher 102. I am not sure which works better, both the tri-ribs and lug treads will skid sideways on ice, but either type work much better than turf tires. On snow, the narrow tires tend to dig in better, the wide tires tend to float on top of the snow and give you almost no control on dense or compacted snow.

Speaking of snow removal, I thought that I should have a little bigger bucket for the 782 Loader Tractor. Maybe, just maybe I might have over done it this time.....

234697.jpg

234698.jpg

234699.jpg

234700.jpg

Aaron
I'd like to see the tractor lift the bucket with a full load of snow in it and actually be able to move the load, looks a little lite on weight in the rearend for traction.

But everyone can dream big every now and again can't they.
beerchug.gif

Tom H. What size of the narrow tri-ribs do you use? One of the 125's OEM front tires developed a big split last year forcing me to put on the wide front tires. I like the narrow ones better.

Aaron S. Holy cow!!! THAT critter is HUGE!!!

Aaron, I'll second Morgan's WOW!
icon_eek.gif
Now we need some action shots. If only it'd snow...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually that is a bucket I built for my dads skid loader. it is 72" wide and will hold 1.3 yards level. We had to load it on the trailer to deliver it this weekend and thought - why not use the loader tractor. It made for a great pic. Another example of how useful those darn mini loaders can be.

Aaron...that's a great photo..looks like the tractor with
Collin on it could fit into the bucket
he is lifting!!!!

Well we are getting some snow. Just about 3" down now and they say it is going to change to freezing rain and then rain today. So I think I will push some snow with my 1512 and have a blast with power angle kit. Later Don T
lurking.gif

Here in NY, we're getting enough cold, just no snow... Maybe Aaron could tool up to make some ski center style spray nozzles so we all can make our own snow...
thumbsup.gif

Well I can post some snow pictures
1a_scratchhead.gif

234711.jpg

234712.jpg

It was real heavy wet snow . now it can rain all it wants .

In the look what followed me home, I think ol Hydro Harry was calling me to the dark side.

234716.jpg

234717.jpg

Kendall H - I believe you mentioned my name. With regard to the "Look What Followed Me Home" category, I'm really at a loss to understand. The hydro control lever is pulled all the way in the R direction. Unless someone has really messed up the linkage and controls there is no way this unit could have followed you home. I think it must have run all the way home "away" from you. AND, although you did post 2 quite good pictures I'm still straining to see if that is a hydraulic lift handle. My only real suggestion is to leave it on your truck, pick-up I-90 at the nearest entrance, and continue 1700 miles due west. I'll meet you at the bottom of the last pass you come to and provide it a really good home.

Nice tough find,
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Harry notice that its backed in the pickup, I left in reverse. The handle is just sitting loose on the spline. She's had a rough life.
Most of the bolts are shook loose. And I didn't get a key with it. I rolled the enginge by hand and could not get any compression. It will take a rest in the garage till spring gets here.

Back