• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the truck I ended up trading for last month. It's a 2004 F-250 Power Stroke 6L with the Torqshift auto and I had a Curt Class IV hitch put on and a Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller put in as well.

So far all I've done to dress'er up is floor mats and a steering wheel cover (Ford Racing). I want to put some ventshades, bug-flector, chrome grill, chrome bumpers, and the full head lights.

30756.jpg

30757.jpg

Here's my "new" Cub Cadet and cream separator hauler. I WISH! Sooooooo much cool IH/IHC/McCormick-Deering stuff here.
31937.jpg

Tom, do you have a higher resolution version of that photo?

My three favorite rides.

32051.jpg

38' Ford woodie street rod
Original 62' Cub Cadet
9.0 ft Craig Angel longboard

The woodie took a little over two years and the Cub about two months. Both went down to the frame and sandblasted. Just finished the blade but not in time for the picture.

32052.jpg

Here is a pic of my 77 Scout SSII. They had soft doors from the factory, but someone added steel doors to mine before I purchased it. I hauled my CC72 with #2 trailer, cc125 with tiller, Cadet 526 walk behind tiller, and my McCormick-Deering 2 hole corn sheller to the local threshers show on my car hauler with the Scout this past August.
32367.jpg

This is a truck that I would like to use to haul my Cub Cadets. 61 IH Travelette short box. I am thinking about purchasing it from my Dad and semi-restoring it to haul tractors to local shows. I would like to letter an old truck like it is a IH dealer truck from this era. I don't know if IH had any standard signage for thier dealer trucks or if the dealers did it on thier own. The drawback to this truck is that it is a Air-Force truck so it should be restored as such. I will probably never get around to it anyway.
32376.jpg

I'm looking for a good used Dodge 1500 truck. I've got a 1995 Chevy S-10 and I'm wanting to upgrade. I've been looking at a 2004 Dodge 1500, has the 4.7 liter V-8 engine, 4 wheel drive, automatic, quad cab, short bed, white, has almost 44,000 miles, has good tires. If I take the truck, it will have a towing package included in the deal. Most of the time, I'll be pulling a 6 1/2 by 12 single axle trailer with probably 3 Cub Cadets on it. My grandfather has a double axle trailer that weighs about 2,000 pounds that I could pull if the truck will handle it. I'm wanting to know if I could pull this trailer with a Farmall H on it? I figure an H weighs around 4 to 4,500 pounds. Dodge literature says for a truck like this, maximum payload is 1,530 pounds and maximum trailer weight is 7, 150 pounds. Also says the 4.7 V-8 has 235hp @4,400 rpm and 300 pounds-ft @ 3,500 rpm. The Dodge guy I'm dealing with says the truck will handle it with no problem. I would mostly be pulling it on two lane roads with some hills. Where I mainly haul to there is two good size hills between home and there. If I can pull grandfathers trailer okay, I can haul 7 Cub Cadets on it. Might also haul my McCormick Deering W-4 or my JD B on it. Probably won't pull the bigger tractors around with it very much. I'm just not sure if the 4.7 V-8 will pull it with no problems or if I should wait and find a truck like this with the 5.7 liter V-8. Hopefully someone has a truck like this that pulls a trailer with tractors. Thanks in advance.

Daniel,

If you are going to pull a trailer all the time get the Dodge with the diesel. Both the 4.7 and 5.7 Hemi burn a lot of gas when pulling a trailer. I loose 7-10 mpg on my 5.7 liter Hemi when the trailer is hooked up to it. The 4.7 is not much better on gas than the Hemi and it has to work harder.

126K 4x2 '97 Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab w/4.6L just got sent down the road.......

I found a nice 4x2 '04 F-150 XLT SuperCrew with the 3 valve 5.4L this weekend.....optioned out almost exactly like I would order a new one, but with 13K on the odometer and about a $10K reduction in $$$$
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Black & chrome with AL rims.

I'll get a picture on tomorrow...it's been raining all day here and I didn't pick it up until late this afternoon.

Sounds nice Steve! I was just at the Ford dealer yesterday looking around.

I had a chance to take a few pics in a light drizzle this afternoon.....

33632.jpg

33633.jpg

33634.jpg

Also got the bed mat from the old truck cut to size and installed the brake controller (super simple with these new universal harnesses...plugged right in just as it came out of the '97)

Not really a "cub hauler," but it will haul me around to some shows. It is an '02 GT 5 speed with 12,500 miles on it. Probably too much car for an 18 year old, but you are only young once.

33920.jpg

T.T.,
With all that HP., just drop a ball hitch on that puppy and floor it. You'll be the first one to Plow Day!

Has anyone got a chevy Colorado? I'm ready to move up a little from my '98 S10, and have found a '04 Colorado 4 door with 4 cyl engine. But I don't know anybody that has one and I would like anyone's experience with this truck. Thanks

Charles,
Since they are doin such a good job replying to your question across the street, there's no point in double posting the info I know from a neighbor I know that has one here.

I figure i'll add this here too cuase it kinda fits plus it shows what the old ford with a stait 6 can pull .
35206.jpg

I'm looking for input on redecking my trailer.
I have to strip it down to the frame so I am starting with a "clean slate"
The trailer is a 20 foot (ball to bumper) by 7 foot tandum axle, 4500 lbs GVW utility type with brakes.
I plan to add a elelctric toung jack since it will have a battery for the break away.
How thick should I make the decking?
Should I put tie down points all over or just just like my last trailer, one on each corner and in the middle of the sides?
I don't have alot of money, but want to do this right the first time.

Latest posts

Back