• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understand, the thick gasket (KH-47-049-01)is for 1000, 1050, 1200, 1204, 1210, 1282, 680, 1211, 1250, 1450, 1650.

And the thin one, (KH-271030) is for all other Cubs up to the 2082.

Matt G.
I was going by Service Bulletins and the parts lookup.
thumbsup.gif

Hey guys! I was out tinkering on the 127 earlier and was able to notice something strange going on with the starter. When I turn the key to the "start" position I can see the pulley on the starter do a half turn, and then stop. Its acting like its not getting enough juice to crack the motor over or something. Any ideas?

Can anyone explain this unusual air cleaner as pictured in the Cub parts look up for a 149?
Like where is this hose supposed to have connected to? Anyone ever seen this a/c on a 1x9 Cub?

319194.png

David S,

The air cleaner cover you inquired about was for engines equipped with noise suppression. I've never seen one but I believe it was an option, likely available through parts as a kit, as I don't remember it being a factory option but don't quote me on that. There was a special noise suppression muffler as well, which was similar to the 169 muffler in size but with a different inlet nipple. I have seen a couple of the noise suppression mufflers for sale. They require a different mounting support plate on top, similar to the 169. I don't know if the hose was connected to anything or not. I think the idea was to quiet the intake noise by having an enclosed air cleaner cover (similar to the 169) with air intake hose pointing away from the operator. It could also come in handy when crossing the creek as Charlie mentioned!

If you are looking for the normal air cleaner cover in the Parts Lookup, go to the engine section.

Christopher, as several of us mentioned previously, check the wires for corrosion, especially the ground connections. Sounds like a poor connection or corroded wires that are not able to carry the full current.

David,S the thicker gasket seems to idle better after using the tractor hard ,

Anti-Icing kit for single cylinder Kohlers.

Noise suppression kit had a couple holes in the air cleaner, regardless of tall or short air cleaner.

Carburetor float
I have a question on the carburetor float setting on my 129.
My 129 would not start when the cold weather was here. Finally figured out that there was no fuel getting in. Took the carb apart and the float was jammed. Reset everything and now it runs but had to spray in fuel to get it to start. I have it set at about 10/64 and I am thinking that I have the float too low.
The manual states the float s/b 11/64 from the machined edge. What is the machined edge? On the carb there is an outside edge, a valley that the bowl sits in, and an inside edge. I am assuming the the machined edge is the edge inside the the bowl. Am I correct?
Any comments greatly appreciated.
Earl L

Earl L-
I'm with digger. Have always just eyeballed it and called it good. Are you sure the needle is not sticking? Usually float setting is only critical when running wide open (not letting fuel in soon enough) or shutting off fuel flow when bowl is full.

Eyeball and go....as long as float eyeballs level with casting it will work fine......

Is the clip on the needle to connect the float to the needle and pull it off seat?

Earl - sure sounds like you had a stuck needle. It might work fine now. I'd leave the float for now and see how it works. If you have trouble again get yourself a "carb rebuild kit" KH-25-757-01 from Charlie or your favorite Kohler dealer. It comes with the needle and seat, float hinge pin, and all new gaskets. When you install the kit set the float level, which is about 12/64ths. (that 1/64 adjustment ain't gonna make any difference).

Steve-

What clip??? I've never seen one for this carb.

Earl-

When I clean carb and don't use a kit I'll get Q-tip with carb cleaner and run it down to the seat. I also spray a bit on the needle and gently clean the rubber tip. And like the others have said, just hold the carb upside down and eyeball the float level to the "plane".

Back