• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-
Now that I think of it, this would have been the correct photo...
;-P
15291.jpg

Art -

Kraig uses gray tarps??

Kraig
Photo will have to wait until warmer weather when I can get them out. 510 is in the back corner of a 14' storage shed, and has a flat tire.

Art
It is an AMP meter, but it is not marked IH like some, as far as I can tell. Tractor was repainted in the 80's, but deck is original <font size="-2">and rusty and blades are out of time</font>.

PAUL - Nice write-up on #409 in Harvester Highlites. I bet lots of people don't realize the significance of that tractor.

Paul, I can wait. :eek:)

Travis, Mike J., I'm less patient with you two! :eek:)

Bryan, well, actually silver tarps. The AC620 is now also under a silver tarp.
15293.jpg

With any luck by the end of this coming summer I'll have a 10'x18' lean-to on the north side of the 10'x18' Cub Shed I built last summer so all the Cubs can be in out of the weather without the use of tarps.
15294.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 22, 2004)

Door end view, north is to the left. Earth ramp to the doors also to be constructed this summer. The soil will be isolated from the building by a short treated wood deck.
15296.jpg

So from what I can understand I'd be better off adding an hydraulic pump on the main engine belt and tap into that ?

what do you guys thing ?

Paul B. -

Gotta ask, on 556 what's the engine s/n and the tranny casting code? Now you need to find a January '61 regular production tractor.

All -

Looking at my early '75 800, I found a tranny casting code of 2-27-Y. Can anyone verify if "Y" corresponds to 1975?

Kraig, Art -

That's a cool bridge! Ever venture across it? Can't be any rougher than driving across the tracks leading to it going to Kraigs! That's a ruff crossing.

Craig-
According to "the charts".
"Y" either equals "1953" or "1975"
I'm guessing it's the latter of the two..

Oh, and you wouldn't want to drive across the bridge near Kraig's house because if I remember correctly it's just railroad tracks and ties with no "filler" in between the ties. I'd hate to drop a tire off that!

Luc, IMO, the best way to go would be to find a ported hydro, control valve, assorted brackets and stock lift cylinder from a 149, i.e., look for a 149 with a blown engine.

Craig, I've been on the bridge many times. Art is correct, it's open between the ties, but the ties are closer together than normal. There is a narrow board walk along one side. I'll dig out some photos tonight. If Bob hasn't poofed the RR posts by morning I'll assume it's ok to post a "few" more train related items. To relate this to a topic I know Bob likes, an older friend of mine drove his Harley across the bridge in the early '70s when he was more of a rebel. ;o)

Denny, and early on a lot of people didn't believe the existance/significance of 409........

.......<font size="-2">it took a bit of effort to convince them.</font>

Craig, at least the road leading up to the RR crossing is now nice and smooth, a "little" construction has taken place since you've been up for a visit.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 22, 2004)

Kraig - I think it was more of a deal where noone quite understood WHAT #409 was, and then to have ALL the documentation to back up what it really was, a Prototype! Be kinda like Me finding the 1586 I saw in Dec. 1979 at FARMALL that was Really a 5288 underneath the sheetmetal. The 5X88's weren't released for production till late summer/early fall 1981

Does anyone have any information on the model of this IH walk behind snowblower? I would like to know the model and the spec. number on the engine. I bought this at the RED POWER ROUNDUP in PA. last summer I need a carb kit for it, it has a Clinton engine on it. Thanks Steve,

15298.jpg

15299.jpg

Thanks Denny.

Craig
The engine S/N is 478704. It fits in with 510's 478549. The date casting code is 10-3-F (Oct 3rd 1960). Don't know about "Y" being 1975. They started over with "A" in 1955, and if all letters were used, 1975 should be "U". Prior to 1955, two letters were used in 1951, and the letter "V" was not used, but I don't know if anything like that was done after starting over in 55. Ken U. might know. I'm working on a Jan 61 production tractor, and then no more Originals.

Art -

Ya could if ya had a hirailer...
wink.gif

15302.jpg

Jeff E. -

Nice pics. Looks like the BNSF needs to start painting again...

Hey Art, you could go ahead and take your 1872 over that bridge. Maybe even wear your sandals. ;op

Latest posts

Back