• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kupdike

displayname
"The Apostle"
This thing DOES work!!! The cold Montana breeze must be slowin it down.....

Art....do you need a hand pushing it on the tracks? Maybe play a game of "chicken"????

To keep this cub legal....the sharpest RR locos are those run by UPRR. Yellow and white...errr grey in color and tons of AC/DC power!!!

yep.. to put it in Michael Waltrips word, "Something inportant that makes it go, broke"

to keep it on topic, did anyone see the episode of Red Green with the quietline in it? Red needed a vehicle that someone without a license could drive, so he mounted what looks like a full-size mercury sedan body on top of a quietline cub, with deck, and drive it away. the show had a 2003 copyright on it. i was rotflmao!!

roflol.gif

Art,

Here is the link to pictures of my "new" project. You have to look at the "Potential" in it. Lori has named it the Iron Giant. I will have a picture latter tonight for comparison.

I own an Hydrostatic Cub Cadet 129, I want to tap into the hydrostatic system to run a cylinder to raise and lower the front snow blower. As onyone ever tried something like that ? Is it do-able ?

Also does anyone have the service manual and/or owner manual for that model ?

Looking forward to hearing about all of you.

Wyatt, Ah! I didn't make the connection between ICE and coolest.

Art, I have some good photos of the bridge, I just need to scan them in. It'd be a long drive to get the 125 down to the bridge, I don't think it'd make the steep bank by the tracks intact. I know you don't care that it stays intact, seeing as you're hoping it'd fall off the bridge.

I do have this photo of the bridge that was replaced by the bridge near me. All that's left of it are a couple of the stone supports. It was located about a mile downstream of the current bridge. This photo was taken looking upstream, the bluff in the background is about where the "new" 1914, IIRC, bridge is.
15270.jpg

If anyone would like a high resolution version of the old bridge photo let me know, it's about 1.3MB. My neighbor has the original photo, I scanned it for him.

Luc -

You should read the FAQ at the link above - you will see where you can BUY manuals, like from a few of our sponsors...

Hydraulic lift was an option on the 129, so yes, it's entirely possible. Again, many of our sponsors carry the parts you will need, whether new or used...

Luc, the 129 didn't have a ported hydro as standard, but like Bryan hinted it's possible, but not probable, that it may have the correct hydro.

15272.jpg

Above is a photo of a non-ported hydro. If it were a ported hydro there would be two fittings coming out below and to the left of where the check valves are.

15273.jpg

Above is what a ported hydro looks like, note the hydraulic lines.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 22, 2004)

Tedd-
Nice rig, you think you can get that dent out of the front with a torch and a little dry-ice?
;-)

Kraig-
I'll stop now.
happy.gif

Kraig-
After looking closer at that photo of the bridge you posted I know where that is. I've always wondered what type of bridge that was as the concrete "pylons" are still standing.

I'll try to snap some pics of the "new" bridge from the boat the next time I'm out on the river. I'm thinking the R/R buffs here may get a kick out of seeing it.
<font size="-2">'Course, first it will have to get above -10deg out!</font>
angry.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on January 22, 2004)

Art, don't let me stop you. :eek:)

Ken, Bring your 782 over for a visit. :eek:p

15276.jpg

"New" bridge crossing is at top of photo, old bridge's stone supports can be seen near the bottom of the photo.

Kraig -

Well, I didn't tell him just how much money he may have to spend to get it to work
wink.gif

15278.jpg

The <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet and RR forum?

Kraig:
Way cool bridge.
Reminds me a little of the bridge the kids got chased off of in the movie "Stand By Me". Great footage of a loco bearing down on 'em on the bridge.

Here's a closer aerial view of the "new" 1914 Arcola High Bridge. It's odd how the photo distorts the ends of the bridge, shadows? It's right around 1/2 mile long and 185 feet high.
15280.jpg

15281.jpg

Note the yellow dot near my house, that's the location of one of my Cub Cadet 125s. ;o)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on January 22, 2004)

Art,
I saw that epasode of Monster Garage. Nope, lori says leave it. It reminds me of the "Iron Giant".

Kraig,
Don't forget the Airstream forum...
15283.jpg

Kraig-
I think this is a closer rendition of your house..
15285.jpg

Don't worry, I won't mention anything to "Mrs. Keeper of the Photos!
happy.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on January 22, 2004)

Five days and 3687.7 miles later, this is now in my garage with the others
15287.jpg

15288.jpg

15289.jpg

Art, you are correct! Nice touch with the orange for the AC620. Oh, and don't worry, Mrs. Keeper of the Photos is aware of them all.

Paul B., nice!!!!!! How about a photo of the entire line up?

Paul-
That looks to be in real nice condition. Great find! Is that a voltmeter or an hourmeter hanging below the dash?

Back