• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan-
I'd like to thank you because I ordered a Tiny-Tach thanks to your topic!
happy.gif

Daniel, the first last thing in my CPE-2 Equipment manual is a parts break down for the Danco UD-6 underdrive unit for the original. You should be able to find what you want there.

I have a question about implement belts.
I have a 106 with a mower deck that is using a #12-7526 1/2" x 83" belt (can't find a name on it - picked it up on eBay like most of the parts on my machine from ALL OVER - might be the wrong belt, but it works fine)
I was recently trying to track down the belt for a QA-42 snowblower that I picked up. I had no luck interchanging the IH# IH-487043-R1.
Digger came up with a "Dayco Premium belt is P/N 1328 and is 3/8" wide x 27 7/8 or 28" long, which is a solid belt and the IH belt IH-487043-R1 is a notched belt which will last longer and grip better."
Using those specs I picked up a Gates #6728 belt that is 3/8 x 28.
The 3/8" spec matches info about the 106, but it looks lonesome in the PTO pully and the QA-42 pully.
Does the 106 take a 3/8 belt or a 1/2" belt or does it matter? (performance not correctness)
I'll be mounting the 'blower this weekend with the 3/8 belt

Keith E.,

Thanks - you're nice. I was a dweeb in college - never drank nor partied, just did homework. Had to work harder than most as learning came a bit slow. Screwed around too much in high school - only thing I learned was typing.

That's my history in three sentences.

Just got my winter issue of Cadet connections.

Hank Will: Nice article in Cadet Connections.

Sell Brothers and Howard; Very good issue .
alreadyuploaded{15260,plow}
Here is the information from the winter edition of the Cadet Connections magizine
15261.jpg

15262.jpg

To register for Plow Day III goto register PD III PA

(Message edited by wdeturck on January 21, 2004)

Travis,

I couldn't do that to my other 682. I went out and got a scrap 1250 to cut in half for my rear frame....

--Mike

Travis, Mike J., ummm, have either of you taken any recent photos of your projects? I sure hope to see some soon! :eek:)

Kraig,

I haven't had a chance to work on the project over the weekend or this week due to the wife being very busy and my child-rearing responsibilities.... but they're both leaving today at noon and will be gone until friday, so the sparks will be flying this evening!

For anyone who is interested in the sendec tach, here is info from form them on part numbers and installation for tractors w/ a k301. This guy's name is Herb Ley.

Hi Dan,

If my memory is correct your engine is a good old cast iron block with the points located below the carburator. This engine only fires the spark plug once every two rpms as the points are triggered off the camshaft which turns 1 time for every 2 revolutions (rpms) of the crankshaft. SOooo our standard 806-100 code 1032 will not display the correct RPMS (would be half), the only models that will display the correct rpms are: STS5000, FS500 and FSA600 and you will need to set the tach (easy to do) to read 1 spark = 2 rpms. The difference in models is the number of functions but all have the tach you would require. Your electrical noise is no problem.

You can order right on line using a credit card.

Hope this info helps - get back with me if you need further help.

Sincerely,

Herb

And I'll have more time to work on mine when we get done with the classroom in the fire station ;-)

Mike, I used the 682 that came off the trailer, so it wasn't too big of deal.

Thought the forum was down there for a second, about went into the the patented Osama Bin Dean "yaaaaaaaahhhhh" mode
happy.gif

BTW Bryan-
See any IC&E power on the Metra rail lately? Word is that they've been using some of the Metra tracks for loads into and out of Chicago.

(Message edited by wcompton on January 21, 2004)

Wyatt -

Ah, so it wasn't just me - was starting to get the willies (I don't mean you, Mr. DeTurck!
lol.gif
)...

Since it's so quiet, I'll go offtopic for a bit...

Metra actually runs on UP, BNSF, CN and a few other's tracks. A throwback to the days when C&NW, Milwaukee Road, Tedd's fave CB&Q and others used to run their OWN commuter trains, nowadays Metra (as a psuedogovernmental beast) leases equipment to the railroads to run the trains. IIRC, way way back in Chicago's history it was stipulated that the railroads HAD to run commuter trains if they wanted to run their freight thru Chicago - that much has never changed.

At any rate, ICE doesn't appear on my line - UP to Janesville (old C&NW). Hell, there's only one or two freights a day to the auto plants over that way. ICE probably shows up on one of the western routes, I forget which at the moment...

Bryan-
There's lots of ex-CNW SD-40's in the ICE roster, they use the yard in Janesville as a point to go on east, when UP tells them it's OK with them
happy.gif

Either way, I'm trying to track down a couple of IC&E Geeps, a couple ex-SP GP9's.

Wyatt -

From a recent IlliniRail Yahoo group post:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The IC&E runs on track that used to be owned by IMRL / CP-SOO LINE / Milwaukee Road thru IL. and Iowa. The Rockford Line is a branch line that runs north from Davis Jct. IL. to Rockford (about 15 miles). The IC&E has trackage rights over the llinois Rail Net from DJ to Rockford. Then the IC&E owns the track to Janesville WI. about another 30 miles. No thru trains here. The entire line is serviced by a couple switch jobs or locals.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Cool!
My quest to find ICE 614 goes on. . . .

FWIW: Cub Tools-
Did a bunch of looking for torque wrenches for Cub work and found that Craftsman will be putting out a new "Professional" torque wrench, made by a domestic manufacturer, carries a 2 year warranty and is readily calibrated by various sources, beats Snap-On's warranty by a year and price by about $25, beats Matco's by a year and $50.

Wyatt, what makes the railroad you're 50yards from the coolest?

I'm about 1/8 mile from the coolest railroad bridge......

I've got that picture, even ones back to it's SP days. ICE doesn't always go all out on their paint, the CNW untits I think were sent to Mexico for paint (don't remember where I read that). For me the worse the patch the better! My favorites are the SD40-T2 GECX units on the corn line (yeah, tunnel motors on a corn line in IA). They're UP units with little more than electrical tape covering up the logo on the side.

Back