• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank the only brand on these tires is G B C. They are 400-8 on narrow wheels. 4 ply rating. They are 1.5 inches higher than narrow turf tires. Bought them from a individual for 15.00 and he didn't know where they came from.
184273.jpg

184274.jpg

184275.jpg

Sory but that is all i have.

Marty Allen: My 128 exhibited the same problem as yours and no amount of governor/spring adjustment would solve the problem. I finally pulled the engine, dissassembled it and the governor is "busted". I have a new one on order and am redoing the engine while it is apart.

Dave R.
Pretty much everything other than the basic tractor was an option/add-on back in the day.
Decks were even an option from what I've read.
Sorry for not catchin your question.
184277.jpg

Charlie,
I want to apologize for upsetting you and anyone else.
As I have said repeatedly, it was not my intention to insult or berate anyone.

Let me try to explain and show you the point I was trying to make.

On Friday Jan 15 9:27 am Don tanner addressed a question to Paul Bell about his 1512 and called it a 1512D. But instead of geeting a reply from Paul, Myron sets him straight on there were no D model designations for a 1512. And Myron was correct about that. Even I know that I have seen, and almost bought a 1512 last summer and it didn't have a D next to the model number on the side panel. I do believe it had the word Diesel though. I knew what Don Tanner meant, and so did about every body else that read his post.
Josh Spicer comes to Don Tanner's defense trying to explain to Myron.
Myron let's Josh know that he is wrong and blissfully ignorant.

I believe that you and Myron work together with the business at CC specialties is that correct?

Well Myron may very well have been right and won the point of argument, But You have both lost in many more ways.

1) The first way you lost is in the respect you no longer have with Josh Spicer.
Secondly, You probably lost any future business with him at CC Specialties. Would you do business with anyone that would treat you the way he or I was treated? I would think not.
Thirdly, He said he was "going to the other side of the street" where it was calmer.
You lost him from this forum.
You said in your earlier post that alot of good and knowledgeable people have left because of people like me and Josh.
Somehow, I don't think it is the Newbies running off the old timers.

And finally you lose that very thing that I believe that this forum was designed to do:
To bring People together to help keep these old machines up and running.
I have came to the conclusion, that I give up.
I confess, I don't have the knowledge, the time, and now the inclination to keep these old tractors going. My Cub stuff is going up for sale.

Charlie, you are supposed to be a Moderator. You have the authority here and you want everybody to know it. You are the leader, so lead by setting the good example. I have never had anybody cuss and rant at me,} or to me on this site but you.
The word Moderator comes from the the root word moderate which means even or equal. Your temper is anything but even. I don't know what you have been through to make you this way, but it isn't normal behavior.
I pray for you and the sucess of this site.
It is a wonderful place and I thank everybody for thier help and encouragement.
Richard C, Kraig Mc, Don T, and Frank C you have been good friends, maybe sometime soon we will meet in the air.
God Bless
Brad

Hello all, Has anyone ever made or bought a dual pulley pto? Aftermarket or custom made. I would like to weld a 5/8 pulley on a 3/8 pulley pto, so I can use a 5/8 pulley implement or a 3/8 pulley implement (not at the same time). I don't know if it is possible or not. Thank you in advance for any advice on this matter.

Brad, here's a brief history and info: Charlie owns CC Specialties, (CC Specialties was started by Travis S. in Iowa then he sold it to Charlie or something like that) Myron has nothing what-so-ever to do with it. Myron after retirement from the U.S. Army, where he was a Sergeant Major, started work at a Cub Cadet dealer in Texas, then I believe he bought out the inventory when that dealership closed, and started a company called Cub Cadet Supply Room.

Myron, Charlie, sorry if I got any of that history wrong.
blush.gif

I don't work for or with either Charlie or Myron, I've just been around this place long enough to part of the wall paper. I do have a moderator's authority but that's just so I can post larger photos and do some editing on posts that have the photos posted improperly.

Hi, I am a new member from southern Ohio but have been a member of other Farmall forums for a while. I have a 70 cub cadet that was my dad's and I still use it for trim mowing. It has a few mods but I do have a complete 12 hp Kohler also that I put on it for my dad in 1978. I also have a 57 cub, 185 Lowboy and an EX2900 Cub cadet/yanmar.

I added a rear pto which was not a common option. I also added a 6 point standard spline. As you guys know the correct mainshaft for model 70-124 --maybe others with the Farmall cub type transmission (3 speed) --- is the needed item --then all the rest of the parts needed can come from parted out Farmall cubs.

I remanufacture that pto mainshaft. Has anyone else done this?

184280.jpg

Thanks Kraig,
I did not know you were a moderator.
You have been a good friend, thanks for all you have done for me and everybody else.
Charlie, I thank you for for your hard work as well.
Brad

Dave Ross
I did not see your original question about "factory optioned" narrow frame tractors, but basically the answer is dealer installed, at least on the early narrow frames. The "Price List and Terms Schedule" for the 1965 70/100 list the tractors, decks, blades, snow throwers and etc., and the location a dealer would order each one from, such as: Tractors, Louisville, KY; Spring Trip Blade, Rear Blades, and Peg Tooth Harrows, Canton, IL; Mower Decks, Memphis, TN, etc, etc., but it list Three Point Hitch, Rear Wheel Weights, and Creeper Drive as "Attachments - Field", meaning they were a dealer item. The hydraulic lift unit was listed as a "parts accessory" when it was made available and sold as a Hydraulic Unit Parts Accessory and Adaptor Package (Hyd Unit was P/N 386135R91, and the Adaptor Package was P/N 386155R91 for the 70/100, and 386154R91 for the Original).

The tractors were built as tractors, and thats all you got. Then you bought a deck from the dealer if you wanted to cut grass, or you bought what ever attachment you needed to do the job you wanted the tractor to do. The same way with accessory parts, you bought them from the dealer and they were installed by the dealer or by the owner.

Unlike ordering a vehicle that was then shipped to your dealer, IH built tractors by the 100's, both bigger tractors and Cub Cadets, and shipped them to regional distribution centers for distribution to dealers in that region/area that wanted, or had a sale for, that model. In Louisville and surrounding area, dealers would come to the Louisville Plant and pick up Cub Cadets by the truck load.

So basically, if the item was not listed as standard equipment on a given model, it was installed by a dealer, or purchased from a dealer for owner installation.

Brad, everyone, posting to a forum can be a tricky deal very much different than talking to someone in person or on the phone. With text you don't get to see or hear emotion, though emoticons (smiley faces and such) do help if used. Sometimes I've posted in a hurry just to get an answer to someone and then beat myself up about it later because when I reread my post it appeared that I came across, even to myself, in a tone that I did not like. It happens, I try to be as neutral as possible with newbies no joking around, unless it's to be self depreciating so that I don't appear as a know it all. I've been to forums (not tractor related) where I have felt very welcome as a newbie and I've been to other forums (not tractor related) where I've felt like I was disturbing a personal conversation. I much prefer the former. Once I get to know someone on a forum I will often chide them and joke around, for example, my good friendship with Art allows me the freedom to joke a lot at his expense, he's of course returned the same.
fence.gif

And yes some questions do go unanswered, none of us regulars here like to see that but it does happen. I'm probably on here as much if not more than anyone, my job allows me easy access. Sometime if I see a query go unanswered and I do no know the answer I'll post about it and call out a forum member that I believe might know the answer. Sometimes this works and that person sees the query and posts a response. Enough going on about the woos of forum posting. I only hope that no one quits stopping by for any reason.

Back