• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAN - Bryan has one on one of His Cub Cadets, His 1450 I think. TINY TACH is located in the Chicago area and Bryan posted some info about working with the owner of Tiny Tach to get them to work real accurately on the Kohler. The tachs are sensitive to the electrical "NOISE" the ignition system puts out. I think Bryan had to put a resistor or something on the input line to His. Hopefully He'll post some details since it's been a year I bet since it was last discussed.

Dennis, I don't know who Bryon is but I would lik to know how he canceled out the noise. how many ohms on that resistor? Dan

Well, I wasn't going to post these because it's so UGLY, but...
15209.jpg

This one has the RARE "Club Seat" option..
15210.jpg

Rumor has it that it was originally owned by the Austin MN Country Club to tow around their gang-reels...

Art, COOL FIND!! Nice looking 70, if I can show "hotdog" there shouldn't be a problem with your new Cub. Thanks for the pictures. Think you could post some of the pull start portion?BTW, I am still waiting for you know what.

Dan M. Bryan is one of the 2 moderators of this site. He has it on a 169 if memory serves, and it works well. But now that you mispelled his name, and mentioned that you didn't know him, your account might be
poof.gif
jester.gif
Also, he maintains the FAQ
rtfm.gif
... <font size="-2">watchout, he gets sore when people don't look there before asking questions...</font> <Just keep that between us
thumbsup.gif
> Ok? Thanks.
lol.gif

Jeff-
This one didn't come with one, but ironically I managed to pick one of those up before heading home too!
thumbsup.gif

15212.jpg

This one's slightly butchered, but I think if I dig through my parts stash here at home I can come up with the parts to make it right.

By the way, Jeff? After that last post of yours, I don't think Dan's the only one who's going to have the poofed account!
roflol.gif

Art - What's that green stuff all over Your new CC 70? Moss? Your going to fix that right? ;-) I'd sure like to find a 5-gang reel mower for My yard. Sure would save a lot of wear & tear on the Cubbies. Northern sells some for over $1000 but I sure ain't paying That much!

Art, good one with the slant grill! Even though I think the slant grills the best of the Cub Cadet grills I can still enjoy good humor. I hope you put that back in the cedars under the tarp with the rest of the 107 where it belongs.

Perhaps I should submit a set of Iowa Field of Dreams Plow Day V6 DVDs to the US Farm Report.....

Jeff R. -

Thanks for keepin' the record straight
wink.gif

Dan M. -

The owner of the company is super nice and gave me instructions on how to put a resistor in there. Since I'm not setup to solder on that small of a scale (ie, it didn't work), I dropped the unit off at the company (and had a nice chat with the owner) and he had the resistor put in and sent the unit back to me.

Note well - I had no problem with the Tiny Tach when I hooked it up on the Original, 100 or 129 (at the time), but it was noisier than hell on the 1450. The Tiny Tach on my 169 has no resistor pack and works just fine.

Bryan-
Any clue what's different about the 1450 that it would mess up the Tach?

Kraig-
Humor? I don't know what you're talking about..
happy.gif

Wes, this is the best I can come up with for the 169 hour meter. Looks like it connects to the coil.
15215.jpg

Dan M.
Here's one I put on my 107.
I got it at my dealer, Ken Bergren in Williamsport, PA.
Here's the manufacturer's website,
http://www.sendec.com/meters/
I put mine on the side of the column so I can see it while tuning. It could be put on the dash to see during operation.
15217.jpg

Bill G., this is the best info of the dimensions I have of the lift straps, I hope it will do.
15219.jpg

Hello,
First time post.
I am restoring a 127 Hydro. Have found this site very helpful. I bought a parts tractor the other day and it had Hydraulic lift for the mower deck. Does anyone know if this was made by cub or did someone just scab the thing on there? What would be there for identifying marks? Would pictures help?

Wes -

To add to Kraig's post, it's VERY important to get the polarity right, otherwise you'll smoke a hole in the lens
wink.gif
<font size="-2">been there done that</font>

Pay attention to the orientation of the connectors shown in the 800-1650 wiring diagram - it's the same meter as the 169's...

Art -

Best leave that question to Cap'n Kirk. Maybe noise surrounding a starter/generator is different from noise from an alternator.

Does anyone have a Gates - Dayco etc interchange for the QA-42 snowblower belt IH-487043-R1 ?

Thanks Kraig and Digger for your help! I wasn't familiar with the correct names but have found out it is the bar between the "lift handle" and the "lift lever" on the 3-point hitch that I need the dimensions for.
I do appreciate your help and if you have this information I can use it.
Tnanks,
Bill

Bill, Dan -

Why don't you just order one from one of the above mentioned sponsors ?

Kraig, I have one question for you are your post on Jan.19, 2004 at 8:02. Is that an EXACT measurement?
roflol.gif

your_image.gif

Back