• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthompson

displayname
Jim Thompson
Dennis,

It IS a BELLY blade. It's a Daly belly mount blade. See pics posted by Brendan a few posts up. If anyone can help me figure out exactly how it mounts it would be very much appreciated.

KentucK:
Yes - with both jacks powered...longer wheelbase - painted yellow and white
thumbsup.gif

Ya know....I've had about enough of you guys hoggin all the snow !!! Walk through my yard and ya sink 4" in mud , only have mabey 2" .
rant.gif

I need a good freeze and some quality plowin time
happy.gif

Bren

Jim, I posted that info for you the first time you posted the photos of that belly blade back in September. Haven't you got it figured out yet? I still think it's been modified....
dunno.gif

It looks like his top arms are on wrong when ya compare the pics

also swapped top to bottom

Kraig,

I know you did. I have those pics saved. No actually I haven't figured out exactly how it mounts. It's not high on my cub list right now but while it was "on topic" I thought I'd throw it out there again.

Jim .. Compare the pics to what you have, may help align things some
dunno.gif

I'm pretty sure the front bars that pivot mount to the lift on the tractor. It's the rear bars that are stationary that get me. Not sure where they mount. I will get it mounted one way or another. I'm a "by the book" sort of a guy. I'm a commercial pilot so it's kind of drilled into my head. I like to go by the book if possible before I start cutting and chopping. I'm hoping that one day someone else who has one of these things will post up and have some pics of how it's mounted. Right now, as far as I know, I'm the only one with one of these things- A "DALY" belly blade that is.

Hey guy's great reading, I'm feeling hurt, everyone is getting seat time but me. Send some snow to VA. John.

Jim, It would be nice to see a complete parts diagram somewhere. The only thing I noticed was the arms on yours. The bent ones should be flipped and put on the top. I have a bunch of pics of different ones so I can build one, try to use the best features I see from all of them. May start it this spring.

Jim, any chance you could take some more photos of that belly blade, from different angles and such? Perhaps with more views someone here might figure it out. If no one figures it out at least we'll have more photos to look at!
bouncy.gif

BTW, sorry if that last post came across as being harsh, I didn't intend it that way.
blush.gif

I might be a cheapskate but I'd sure pay $300 for a nice belly blade like that one.

Seeing this is the most read place just a quick recall notice for all of us using cordless drills on our Cubs.

Check into "Dewalt Cordless drills recall" just wanting to keep all us of safe.

Pops

Ken,

I too have searched everywhere for info. on A.B. Daly company and have not had much luck. Just isn't much out there. One day I'll run across someone who has one of these blades and all in the world will be well.

Kraig,

It will be a day or so but I'll take some more pics and post them up.

JIM T. - Kraig's got a good idea there....take a couple pic's from different angles. Ken already did My next suggestion! I'll have to try out His link in a minute. I think there's some sort of bracket that bolts onto the footrest brackets for those rear lower arms to pin to that You may not have....most often those get left on the tractor by mistake. Looks like a nice piece of equipment.

KEN - That pull-behind blade looks nice too.

KENDELL - Even with a short wheelbase CC the belly blade really smooths loose material really well. I prefer a manual lift for them since I can react quicker than most hyd. lifts plus I can add "Body English" to one or both ends to make them scrape or dig. I leveled about a dozen single axle dumptruck loads of fill dirt 20 yrs ago this spring around My Father-in-law's new swimming pool. I didn't have chains or AG tires on the back of the 72 but it really worked Great leveling loose dirt. It takes a couple passes to make the ground flat or level but it's just more "Seat Time!"

How much hp. can a model 107 hydrostatic tranmission handel? I have a VW 1.8 liter engine lying around and thought I would turn my cadet into as franken-cadet

Ed, that sounds like a question for Marlin H.

Marlin, do you know what the HP rating is on the "15U" hydrostatic transmission?

Jim T.,
bouncy.gif

Ed - don't VW engines run counterclockwise ?

Ben - they'll take my XRP when they pry it from my cold, dead hands....

Marlin - if you get a chance, check out the design of the new Honda motorcycle automatic transmission - uses multiple piston pump w/swash plate....

Back