• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 14, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill D., while I can't help out with the Haban query, I'll give you my $0.02 on the mower deck. It'll cut and discharge much better with that shroud in place.

Jeff R., come on, you know Art and I are always just kidding each other. Consider it comic relief.

Jim E., I have an old Sweepster for my 125. It's lift setup is much like Hugh described. I'll see if I have any photos of it in my archive. I know I have a photo of the rockshaft bracket somewhere (thought it looks home made) that mounts onto the rockshaft. To lift the broom I have to push the lift arm forward, to lower it I pull back, or rather let the lift arm come back, reverse that of a snowthrower. Watch for the photo(s) sometime today.

Kraig-
You were kidding??? Oh, OK...Guess I was too!
happy.gif

By the way. You should have some photos from me of the lift set up on my 1450's Sweepster. It's just like Hugh described his...

Jim E., I found the photos, keep in mind that this is for a narrow frame Cub. I don't know if the lift setup is stock or not, it looks to be modified. The 125 was a dedicated "Sweepster" tractor that was owned by a large corporation in ST. Paul, MN. They traded it in for a new JD at the JD dealer where my brother works. I bought it from the JD dealer.

15172.jpg

Above is the bracket on the rock shaft, when it is not hooked up to the sweeper it hangs loose. It looks like it is a home made bracket.

15173.jpg

Above is the position it is in when the sweeper is attached.

15174.jpg

Above is the short length of cable that connects to the sweeper "head" and lifts via the rod. The other end of the rod attaches to the bracket pictured in the upper photos.

15175.jpg

Above is another view of the lift rod/cable.

15176.jpg

Above is a result of a fault in the design, the cable rubbed a groove into the beautiful slant grill. :eek:(

Kraig-
You should leave that thing on. Given enough time it will rub all the way through the grill-shell...
biggrin.gif

Here are the photos that Art took of his sweeper. Please note that these were taken with a really cheap digital camera that Art used to own before he wised up and spent his money on a real digital camera. :eek:)

15178.jpg

15179.jpg

15180.jpg

15181.jpg

15182.jpg

15183.jpg

Tom, yep, that's an ugly one alright!

Art, that's OK, I have several spare slant grills on hand. :eek:)

Hugh, Kraig,

Thanks for the sweepster info. I have the temp lift attached where the helper springs go in Kraig's photos. Mine were missing but it looked like that is what was there. My plan is to add the springs and then add a lift lever on the pivot tube out on the right clear of the grill. A link arm from there back to the manual lift should then do it and will work in a normal fashion (pull back to lift). With the helper springs doing most of the work there will be little strain on my added lift arm. I may need to add a float slot so the broom does not dig in. When I get my 782 chassis running it should also work OK from the hydro lift.

Jim E

Kraig-
I'm not going to argue with you about that cheap digital camera.

That said, I don't know how wise I am though because I sold that 1450...
sad.gif

Art, you may have sold your 1450 but you bought a 1872!

Mike J., Travis, I hope you guys are taking lots of progress photos!!!! I'd be happy to archive them for you. :eek:)

I have bought film for my project. Just waiting on the "raw material" to arrive.
proud.gif

Do you preffer glossy or matt???

Kraig,

All I've got so far are pictures of the two 682's on the trailer when I brought them home. I'll take some pictures this weekend of the 'shaved' frame, and hopefully get the axle mounted, front fenders cut, and the driveshaft shortened. Might even get the first linkage setup...

Travis, are you leaving the quick-hitch horns and frankenstein bolts on the frame, or shaving them off too? I'm thinking of keeping them to mount a weight bracket from...

Travis, Travis, Travis, I know you can do better than that! How much progress have you made since you took that photo you posted?

Mike J., thanks, you'll have all weekend to take some.

Tedd, I prefer matt finish for my photos, but get the finish you prefer. I'm not sure which scans better.

Thanks to you all.

Kraig, I hope to make some progress this weekend.

Mike, I left them, but I doubt you're going to want any extra weight on the front end. I actually slid the engine foward a little and dropped it down 3/4" to line up with the hydro.

Kraig, I know, I just enjoy getting involved in the banter and the jestering... Makes it fun to be here.

Not too much happening here for Cub time. I miss it. Looks like I will take the chains off the Original. Then I should mount the 10hp... Then put the 7 back in my other Original so that I have 3 running tractors.

Interesting note, I looked at the pic in the Apostle's book Cub and Cub Cadet. On page 84 and 87 is a 147 that looks more like a 1x9 series. The front of the 147 flares out to make it a wide frame.

This is way cool. It is the new Honda commercial. It is a little over 4 Meg. It is kind of like Mouse Trap with car parts. There is a link on the page with a article about it.

(Message edited by till on January 16, 2004)

This has probably been asked before here, but haven't been able to find it. Has any body got a wiring diagram for an original.I rewired it once many years ago and made one up, but can no longer find it. We recently restored it and this is all that is left to do. Any help would be appreciated. Post here or email. Thanks, [email protected]

Jeff R.

The photos of the "147" are miscaptioned...it's actually a 149. There was some confusion about the literature surrounding the release of the 147 and subsequent xx8/9 series and some of the early 149's got "147" air-brushed in over the decals...typical IH photo doctoring, but seemingly in reverse cronological order????? Some 149 manuals actually have "147" on the covers just like the photos in Ken's book.

Back