• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John W. -

Nowadays there's a plethora of hosting services and discussion forum software out there. If you don't like the way we do things here or if it's too much work for you, feel free to start your own forum and set it up just the way you like.

Be sure to let us know how that works out for ya...
wink.gif

PS - Matt's quite right, too.

75340.gif

<font color="0000ff">Threads</font> -
Takers post a question , come back a week later and want to find the answer that someone posted for them (then get mad if it's not right on the page they're looking at) ... instead of reading the other post to see if they might could learn thier next question before they have to ask it or maybe to even be able to answer someone's question that they may need help with.

Heaven forbid that they have to use the search to find an answer ... or read the <font color="ff0000">FAQ</font>

That's the selfish way of doing it.
Although that's why some people are here ... ask and take.

I think that close to 80% or so of my knowledge about Cub Cadets came from reading posts that didn't apply to me over the past 5 years. For instance, I didn't own a 782D until April of last year, but I tried to remember what I read about them, and that came in handy when I went looking for one. All that extra info comes in handy when you're buying a tractor from a series you don't have a model from, or even if you do, it's nice to know what to look for in regards to problems and rare items. If you just have a 125 for instance, and don't read about anything else, you might pass up that $25 128 with a blown motor because you have no idea what that little lever sticking through the frame cover is
happy.gif

Now I'm done...

I sense a bit of sarcastic cynicism here. The 'search' feature, if you really want to know, hasn't pulled one item that I have searched for, knowing that it was posted just one week earlier.

No need to attack my opinion as I have seen the same opinion posted here by others. I am getting the impression that opinions not adopted and praised by certain people is grounds for a vote for my expulsion?

I was just trying to help by pointing out my point of view. It seems that nobody noticed that I offered to post pictures and help out a little.

John, we won't boot you out of here, unless you really mess up.
happy.gif
Yes we are a sarcastic bunch at times, not to mention set in our ways and defensive of this forum. We do welcome anyone here and are glad to have you. Hmm I use the search feature fairly often with good success. However if it is a common topic you will get LOTS of hits on your search so you have to get creative with your search words.

John W.-

For what it's worth, I rarely use the search function for just the reason you stated: It doesn't work too well. If your browser remembers your history and doesn't clear it, the links you have clicked on will be purple, until something changes, upon which the "new!" graphic appears and the link returns to its blue color. That's how I know when new posts appear. I check for new messages several times a day, so it's pretty easy to keep track of stuff that way. If you wait a week to check for new posts, obviously it's going to be difficult.

I read and belong to several 4x4 forums with threads and it took me a while to get use to them. Threads on a 4x4 forum are good as they cater to different brands of vehicles but here on the main forum we cater to only <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadets so we know everything here is on one brand.
There are different catagories on the main page and they all have subthreads for different topics.

If this was all threaded then you'd spend all day just trying to get the info read jumping from one thread to another then starting over again because 5 threads had new post made in them.

When I started other forums I told them they ought to switch to Discus ... but I can see that their style wouldn't fit well with this fromat.

BTW, I have used both styles of forum and for some topics, gardening for instance, the threaded style is way better. Matt has a very good point about unintended learning with this forum though. If a person just wants to post a query about a repair to their Cub Cadet and then check back in a week later for the answer this format is not so good, however many of those people hang around after that first post and become regulars. It happened to me back in the late 1990's I found this forum and at first didn't like the running format I decided to just read it to see if my question was answered, it was so I never posted the question but I never went away either.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Search works ;)</font> <font color="0000ff">as an expample</font>

75347.gif

I think this forum is the next best thing to having all you guys for next door neighbors.
That, being the humble opinion of a newbie who is dependant (as is my cub) upon your willingness to share your knowledge,wisdom,expertise and friendship pertaining to the topic.

James M., I've used Matt's idea for removing the PTO using a bearing puller and coupler nuts. As you unscrew the coupler nut, it will push the puller off taking the PTO with it. I've pulled 3 or 4 without removing the screws. It will remove the bearing with it.

75352.jpg

75353.jpg

I ran across these pix from what I figure to be spring of 1967. Enjoy..
75355.jpg

75356.jpg

75357.jpg

Matt,

What software did you use for those drawings? I think you called it "inventor"?

And this one of one "Swave" 13 year old with Easter eggs.
75359.jpg

One of the 127 taken in 1971
75360.jpg

and one of the 127 going in for tradein for a 1650 +/- 1975 (Look at all that hair!)
75361.jpg

Tom - Who's the dork .. er .. I mean nice pic of ya !
biggrin.gif

You might ought to fix that bent drag link.

Paul - Just one more reason to buy a bearing seperator
thumbsup.gif

Brent R.-

It's Autodesk Inventor 2008. It's a 3D solid modeling program. Here's another project:

75363.jpg

Latest posts

Back