• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 12, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steve i did squirt fuel in carb and no go what i do get it a back fire like the timing off. but not all the time could be 3rd or 4th craking after every back fire this thing has got good hot spark when cranking but does not seem to get a lot of fuel on the plug but after squirting fuel in the carb you think i get some thing but it just cranks a while before it back fires its going to blow the muffler right off this thing if i keep going like this.i did not get time tonight to look at it i will try a coil & plug and maybe a plug wire as a mechanic i am stumped never run in to this before.i know it need spark.fuel,compression,and timing at the right time.hell i even pulled the head to make sure the valves look good.

David k thats is the primary do you have secandary resistance. i do have a coil tester at work for bikes but it tested good

Has anybody ordered white paint lately in a spray can? I ordered some 759-3261 (off the paint and decal page), and it came as gloss black.

Mike,

Cool, didn't realize you were a wrench turner. Just yank it out and install a Harley motor!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Travis,
Cub Cadet White is 759-3259
See paint codes from the FAQ's.

(Message edited by cholloway on January 14, 2004)

Mike L.,
Check the valve lash, Intake .009, Exhaust .018.
Also check the wire going to the points, make sure no strands are grounding out around the grommet. Make sure the condensor is on the Negative side of the coil or else it will backfire and not rev up. If you feel like it sometime, you're welcome to come down to Trumbull with the engine and we'll freshen it up and put it on the test stand.

Kenny

TRAVIS, Jim D. - My Buddy has a little Allis 5020 compact diesel He restored a couple years ago. I can't remember the size/brand of engine but it's similar to the engines in the 1782's etc. When He mows with it He has to watch it so it doesn't get hot, and His isn't Turbo'd! JIM - Glad You got the plumbing situation straightened out! Nice thing about these PD's is the cool weather.... Good Horsepower days! TRAVIS - 1100 Deg. is warm, but with small dia. pistons like those little diesel's have I'd think it's still safe. I've read articles about BIG tractor pullers where about 1400+ Deg. EGT they actually have molten aluminum blowing out the exh.

Colin, any chance we can see more photos of that grader blade?

Spent some time in the garage yesterday working on the 1450 and I was finally able to get it moving on its own again. Had fun with the Sweepster on it sweeping the sand off of the sidewalks since there has been a real shortage of snow this winter. Then when it was sitting outside idling while I was sweeping up my mess in the garage I noticed an oil puddle forming under it so I investigated the source and it looks like it is the headgasket. Got it back in the garage and pulled the engine and also found that I need to replace the ISO mounts with the RCC method. Also found NO bolts holding the engine to the cradle. Glad that all the bugs are surfacing now so that I can get them all fixed.

Then when I get in the house the wife tells me that someone called asking if I was interested in purchasing a Cub from him. The local dealer told him that he wasn't interested in it and he should give me a call. Gotta love it when the dealer refers people to ya. Well the Cub followed me home today since I stopped to look at it on my way home from work. Now I have a 109 sitting in the garage. Nice little tractor but the wife is saying to sell it so it most likely will be "for sale"; the things one does to keep harmony at home.

Hugh, tell her that many of the parts are interchangeable with your 1450, so you may as well keep it for the "spare" parts, and as long as it runs you may as well use it until one or the other needs the "spare" part(s). When/if one does break down.... well shoot, it wasn't one of the interchangeable parts that broke. :eek:)

Kraig-
You'd better be careful with that theory. I might just call Mrs. "Keeper of the Photos" and tell her that the 149 you have has NOTHING on it that will fit your 125...
biggrin.gif

Art, prove it! :eek:) I could easily demonstrate to her several parts that'll fit, the tires/wheels to start with. When I bought the second 125 I used this logic, but I did so with all honesty in mind. With subsequent Cub acquisitions I may have shifted my thinking slightly..... :eek:)

Wheels and tires????? Come on, I don't think she's that much of a push-over...
roflol.gif

Lesse...
Hood? No
Dash? No
Frame? No
front axle? No
rear lift? (if it had one) NO
Seat? No (OK, maybe...)
Fenders? No
Engine? Even if it was good....no
IIRC the PTO is even the wrong style (w/brake)

I'm still thinking I just need to stop over with the trailer!
happy.gif

Guys: Was in my local dept store today, and they have Castrol Syntec 5W50 oil on half price.What would you use this oil in? I run Mobil1 15W50 in my Cubs.Maybe the 5W50 would be good in the minivan or my Farmall 300? Anybody have any knowledge to share on this?
Still cold as ---- here but still no snow to get excited about.Hope we get some soon or winter will be very short. Kent W.

Art, my 149 doesn't have a hood, the axle would fit provided I use the spindles to keep things level, the seat would fit but it's in horrible shape, ya got me on the frame, fenders, dash and grill (it's missing the upper grill portion and the insert for the lower part anyway), but in a pinch I could use the PTO w/brake if I had to. :eek:)

Yeah right, it snowed today and the roads are messy with salt, I doubt you'd bring your trailer queen trailer out on a day like today anyway. :eek:p

Back