• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 10, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig.
I just brought this home and is is very good shape except for the pulley, which is an aluminum pulley with a stripped out set screw. Didn’t realize it until I put the unit on my 149 yesterday. Of course we are expecting ice, then 3-6 inches of snow today. I’ll looking local for one taday and will get the cast iron one. Thanks.

The heavy steel (Make your own with welded center options and different dia. pulleys) pulleys are also sutiable for snow thrower applications.....

Anyone ever "resurface" a push blade with polycarbonate sheet for snow use? I'm looking to add a little extra length to my 42" blade & also add a 2" PVC bottom edge for floating over gravel. Also, how much easier does a spring assist make lifting the blade on my 124. Percentage or weight difference?? I see Charley has them in stock now.

Thanks
David

Good Day All: OK I am in great need of advise and help. I recently was given a 16 Hp Kohler from a friend of mine. I am in the process of building it back together. It seems as though my friend had it bored out to 20+ So I ordered a new piston and rings. Brought the motor to a shop near my house and he tells me that the piston I bought will not work. It seems as though the 16 HP had an OLD style and a NEW style piston. I obviously obtained the wrong one... SO... I am looking for help to find a piston and rings to fit. The model number is 4787414. The guy at the shop was saying that it is a New Style Bore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE PLEASE. my cell is 678.982.6338
Rob Werner }

Robin W.
The number 4787414 is not a model number it's a part number for a 20 over piston for a 14 H.P. engine, not a 16.
KH-45-874-04 is for 16 horse in the Cub world.

It would help if you told what the engine was out of. Or at least a spec number for the engine.
Also, want ads usually go in the Want Ad section.

David Q,

I'd say 100% better with a spring assist.

I know cause I just spent the last 3hrs trying to scrape away the 2" of sleet we got Thursday night on the streets of the 'hood. No way in heck would I do it like I use to without a spring assist installed.

No trouble with traction on the ice running 2-link chains.

Kirk, Digger....good info on the spring assist. Digger, I meant forming a piece of maybe 1/4" polycarbonate around the entire working surface of the blade and letting it run long at the ends to have a 54" blade. The PVC pipe replaces the cutting edge & acts as a full width skid shoe. Did it on my Kubota 7' blade out of steel pipe and it works great. Drop it all the way down and go.

David

Back