• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
324183.jpg

324184.jpg

Larry. Post up some pictures of that Big Mac Truck over on the sandbox page under the things that kill my cub time. I always enjoyed seeing it at the FOKISD club functions. Keith

Hey guys,
Working on my Cub Original mow deck, going through all parts and see that both blades have a hole, drilled hole about 1/4 drill bit, near each end of the blade. What is the purpose of that?

Justin, I'm thinking a previous owner must have drilled the holes. I'll have to check my timed deck blades and see if they have holes but I don't think they do. I don't find any mention of them in any of the manuals and none of the exploded parts drawings show them. I did a search of the forum archives and managed to find a photo of the bottom of an Original timed deck and no holes in the blades.

324198.jpg

Art Aytay found an Original shipping box back in 2002 at a Cub Cadet dealer in Wisconsin. I went with him when he bought it and we spent some time looking around in the basement and storage building of the dealership. That was a fun day of exploring. Here's the box:

324209.jpg

Thanks Kraig! A blast from the past to be sure. Can't remember the last time I've seen some of those.

Justin, "back in the day" someone sold a kit that let you bolt a spring onto the end of the blade to help lift up chaff/thatch so the deck could blow it out and let a sweeper (or rake) pick it up

I had a set on a 5 hp push mower, that might be what yours is?

Having a little brain fart here. Where does the little L bracket go on the engine of my 1200?
1a_scratchhead.gif

324213.jpg

Thanks for the picture Charlie. I don't see it, but I think you are pretty much pointing out the lift bracket which is different. #14 is the lift bracket and #77 is a baffle mounting bracket. I thought it was for supporting the aluminum air duct piece, but nothing seems to line up.

324230.jpg

Jim S., I'm stumped. I have some great photos of a 1450 from Chris Bennett when he refurbished one of his. He took photos along the way including when he reinstalled the engine and on this 1450 there is no sign of that smaller L bracket.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Here's some of the better photos just in case something triggers your memory:

324233.jpg

324234.jpg

324235.jpg

324236.jpg

Back