• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey out there to all you Original cub cadet owners that is those made '61-63. Does the left side (carburator)side have 2 pads with threaded holes and a cover plate where a fuel pump may go.
I just have to know please.

Todd-
I don't like it, at least the concept car. The Mustang was never intended to be a "retro car", it was designed to be progressive in styling (or some would say regressive in the case of the Mustang II), and less of a pure muscle car as it is a pony car. On top of that, it has taken styling and features from the likes of Audi and BMW, though never attining the likes of those brands, it was pure American. I believe the way the Cobra with IRS was a progression. I think the original Panoz roadster was based on Mustang components, it lit the way that the Mustang should have evolved. At worst it could have complimented the proposed Jaguar car based on the Focus platform, not the LS/T-bird platform.

Ed, here is the proof you are looking for. At least for my 2 Originals... Yet, the 10HP does.
15088.jpg

7hp
15089.jpg

7hp
15090.jpg

7hp
15091.jpg

This one is the 10hp.

Tedd-
My trailer is 6X18 with a bevertail.

At Travis' we had 4 tractors, one of them being a Super. The extra space we had at the back was nice for plows and other stuff. A larger trailer will allow you to take a couple of guys with you to Plow Days and split the gas, so the price even get's cheaper! <font size="-2">Or at least that's the logic I told my wife when I bought the trailer.....</font>
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Art, I got a crew cab dually diesel and a 24' enclosed trailer and it don't get no cheaper
lol.gif

I gotta admit, my wife has no idea how much I spend on trucks, trailers, Cubs, or even property. I think I could buy a house and she wouldn't even know it. I've had to show her 3 times where our property lines are. She didn't even know I still had my 18' aluminum trailer
lol.gif

I was at work one day and my phone rings. It's my wife. She's at Fleet Farm, and couldn't remember what kind of car she's driving!! It does keep things interesting around here though.

There is a discussion on the 7 HP K161 and it having a hole for the fuel pump and two bosses cast into the block. Here is a scanned drawing of the K-181 block that has the bosses and the hole for fuel pump(?). I think all the originals and 70s that show up with that block are replacement engines installed by dealers as the K-161 was no longer avalable. Any one know when Kohler dropped the K-161?
15097.jpg

Traillers are like garages, bigger you go the more stuff you haul. soon you're back to square 1 with not enough room.

Travis:
Wish my wife didn't keep track of what I spent on Cubs. . .

BTW: Re your Quote the other day: do "Ferd lovers have to like Pintos?".

Point well taken.

For all of the teasing we are giving Dee, I must say that she can plow.....
15102.jpg

Travis,

No, an articulated project based on an '82 series... thankfully no trailer incidents, though getting two non-runnung 682's on a 12 foot trailer was no walk in the park.

--Mike

Travis,

It shouldn't be that hard. I'm sliding up the front axle this week, and then cutting down the 1250 frame to the proper length. The joint in the middle is where most of my thinking efforts were spent, and I decided to use a heavy duty precision heim joint up top with the piviot point directly over the universal joint at the rear hydro. The lower link is made from two precision heim joints in what looks to be a very short 3-point 3rd link that's at the bottom of the frame.

I'll have to admit that i've been looking long and hard at the pictures of the articulated 1450 that Kraig sent me pictures of, and am patterning many things off that design, because they just work. One of the main features that I wanted to incorporate was the enclosed engine housing that the '82 series have. It should just take trimming the front fenders out so that the side panels can be removed and installed.

I was lucky to find that power steering unit and cylinder that Ryan had on the for-sale pages. Saved me a ton of time looking locally for one. I've got a question on that, tho.

I'm assuming (yeah, yeah, I know) that the orbital valve is open-center. Are the hydraulic valves on a, say, 782 open center or closed center? If they're open, can I put the valve in series with the orbital valve to get PS and hydraulics?

--Mike

Back