• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, have you found another one? You must have the nose of a hound.

Jeff-
happy.gif

Kevin-
Nice Cat-Cub!

Jerry B.
Yes, #556, one of the limited production units built to test manufacturing equipment and procedures and to establish piecework prices for assembly line production to begin in Jan 1961. The serial number range was between 526 and 589. They were built afer the 25 field test tractors (501 to 525) and before the first production tractor #590.

<font size="+2">YES</font>
Cub Cadet sighting on the Red Green show . . . . might be a candidate for northernmost Cub, "der in Canada ya know?"

Hey guys, I'm piecing together an Original, and need to know the distance between the rear fenders. The plate that the fenders bolt on to has been molested (the ends are cut off). If any of you guys could tell me the exact distance between the rear fenders I would appreciate it. Thank you very very very much.

Bart-
Fenderpan on my Original measures 16-7/8" from fender mounting surface to fender mounting surface. I'd bet it's just supposed to be 17"...

Paul-
So, what's next on the "quest list"?
happy.gif

I just bought a QA-42 snowblower for my 106 without a manual. The hookup to the Quick Attach
and Frankenstein bolts looks straightforward, but there is a plate with an oval hole and a lever controlled by two bolts that I would guess is a belt adjustment. I have ordered the manual from Binders, but in the meantime, does anyone have advice on attaching this thing to a NF?

Dan Kelly: I don't know if this will help but its out of the QA-42 parts Manual.
15075.jpg

Paul, You must just be in the right place at the right time. Is this one in your fleet too now?You are going to need a bigger truck just to show them.

Jerry B
I have to take a little trip, in about a week, to pick it up.

Thought I was doing good that three of mine are in the #8000 range.
Hope it turns out as well as the rest of pre-sales cubs

I have a cub cadet 1650. I purchased it a year ago. So, I am new to cub cadet products, a "greenie." The pin to the hydraulic lift handle broke. I need to replace it. Is there an easy way to replace it other than taking the console off. I looked at it and it looks like that might be the solution. However, any better solution would be greatly appreciated.

my email is [email protected]

Thank you

I have seen a 8 X 18 foot tandum axle flat bed trailer up for sale by me. It has electric brakes on the front axle. Would this be a good Cub trailer?? It has a steel frame and 3/4" preasure treatred deck.

Tedd-
It might be a good Cub trailer, but it depends what you're going to pull it with.

IMHO, unless you're going to pull 6 tractors it's probably a little more than needed. My 14' trailer is probably a little more than I needed, but at the time I was one of those scouting for Cubs on the weekends hoping to come back every time with it full. The only way I can justify mine now is that I do some limited hauling of vehicles on mine.

I think Travis, Don, Jim D, that have enclosed trailers, and others might agree that it's good to have a smaller open trailer, but when you get somewhere over 16', might as well "go big" with an enclosed. An 18' open steel trailer might be around the same weight as an enclosed aluminum.

Tedd- I am guessing the capacity to be about 7000#, if so, jump on it. . .you should be able to haul 4-6 depending on what models and how many weights you have sticking out the side.

Don't pay over $1000, or you can buy a new one for that much.

Nice find Mr. Bell. You are going to have to get yourself a bigger trailer if you keep it up!

I echo Wyatt on the enclosed...not sure about any length cutoff when looking at a cost savings though.

I have been working on Amanda to let me get an enclosed trailer like what Travis has with the cabinets and everthing.

Either that or an 5th wheel RV with toy box at the rear big enough to haul 2 Super cubs.

Wyatt,
What do you think of the new mustang? I like the chevy SSR pickup styling. I'm not saying I like all the retro car styling though. Makes me think
the designers are running out of ideas. Kind of like the moviemakers rehashing old TV shows. Or
do they think people yearn for the past?
I guess what I would like to see on the CCs is for them to look less like a space ship and more like a tractor. Those aerodynamics don't do much
at 6MPH.

Fred T,
Go to your CC dealer and get the newer style clamp-on arm. It clamps around the shaft rather than having a roll pin through it. The part # is
IH-106531-C2.

Back