• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owen- Yes it will, you may want to change the S/G pulley if this will be a permanant swap. I used a S/G off my Model 71 w/7hp when I put in the 12hp motor, and sometimes it doesn't like to turn over as well once the motor is hot and compression up.

Paul F,
That is a good way to get them off if you happen to have a bearing splitter. But they are $$$.
I never had one I couldn't get off by beating on the pulley V with plastic dead blow hammer and some blaster and patience. On the other hand, I have had quite a few of the cup pulleys that tried my patience.

Jerry, I plow snow with a 70, stock width ags and chains. Added second set of chains and it really digs in now!

Anyone happen to notice the mulching cover on the Original at Wrigley Field in Mr. Updike's book? Dunno why I thought it was odd. . . .

Wyatt: Those mulch plugs came with the deck. This one is in the mulch position.
Myron

Jerry,
I plow my drive with an Original using 6x12 Ag tires,one set of weights and of course chains.

Without the chains it is a long day.

It's not so much the footprint of the tires as it is the power to weight ratio.

Remember you are the the weight in this application.

Ryan,
Thanks for the information, all I need is a little time to do the swap. Thanks. Owen.

Introducing...The new 5000 series!
15030.jpg

Anyone else see Darth Vader?????

Here's a couple pics of the neighbor's hydraulic lift 1250 in different clothes. It's quite a stretch from what it was for sure...
wink.gif

15034.jpg

15035.jpg

Kevin ,bring that to pittsburgh and he could get big bucks from a steales fan! kinda looks like a yellow baron?

Art ,I saw a 5000 at the local dealer ,was around $7000. with a cat 0 and 2wd ,not much more than a 982 was new .

Thinking out loud.....If CC follows most other companies in keeping the "family" appearance of its products, when will the 2000 and 3000 series get the "darth vader" look??

With the 2000 series being introduced in 1993, its look is over 10 years old. How long until this "new styling" is adapted to the other series?
I bet not very long.

I have a CC 5252 tractor w/ 3 point, rear pto and 60" mower deck sitting in the show room at C&G now. For less than $ 7K you can buy it!

Attn: Ray & Kraig >>>> The 5200 series can be called "SLANT grilles", so here is your chance to upgrade.....

Jerry,

I take the 10.50's off and put 8.50's my 169 (w/QA36A) and my 1650 (w/ power angle snow blade) for the winter. IMHO they get better traction in the snow. Speaking of snow, we got teased with a couple of early storms and nothing since :-(. Here in CT we got spoiled last year. What crazy winter. It was in the high 50's a week or so ago and this moring it's -2 brrrr.

Scott

Thanks for the input. Am working on the weight issue. Wife is keeping the cookie jar full nowdays. Hard to beat fresh cookies and coffee for breckfast while catching up with you guys. Am still running the first set of tires on the snowplow original. Have a split in one rear sidewall. I think I can control it in a blowout. Hard to wear out the stock tires they provided.
The change to thte 149 should be a big one. Think I will love that blade lift.
Jeff, are you sure that Elvis didn't have a 16 hp??? Whole lot of shaking going on!

Ken U,
I was thinking about the family appearence when
I saw that pic too. It doesn't look like any of the current models. I'm wondering when they are going "retro" like the big 3 car makers are doing. I think it would be cool to see a
"new" 1X9 or QL style tractor. Any body want to see a new 1X4/5 or 1X6/7? I know Kraig does!

BTW all,
I started work as the parts manager at a CC dealer today!

Todd-
I hope that doesn't happen, IMHO Ford really hosed the Thunderbird, given not many T-bird purists liked the "aero bird" but the so-called retro design really doesn't cut it.

IMHO the way things ought to be is to match styling of today's tractors. Personally I'd like to see something like the hood/grille combination of the STX Steiger series scaled down to the Cub Cadet line, it has the sloping hoodline and grille favored by today's stylists, yet will still make it look like a tractor . . . . not a simple sheet stamping.

Latest posts

Back