• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbliler

displayname
Jerry Bliler
Am looking for anyone who has tried different tire width tires on snowplow cubs. for me it will be original agenst a 149 both stock tires. Do the original tires ever give out on these things???
Anyway, using tire chains, will the wider tires work out OK??? Will they float more or will they let the iron dig more?
Those rolls of snow the grader leave are a lot for an original's belt drive! FULL SPEED AHEAD!

HELP! I'm rebuilding my 1970 127 and am currently working on disassembling the engine in preparation for installing a new short block. I cannot get the front PTO pulley to come off. I have remove the 3 jam screws and the 3 set screws, and applied a large dose of PB blaster. The pulley wiggles but will not come off the bearing on the shaft. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it off so that I can proceed to the crank pulley?

I can be emailed at [email protected].

Gary>
Look for another set of set screws in those holes, I found 3 in each hole on my 102.

Jeff Easton
Thanks for the link. Guess that will probably hit the news tomorrow.

Ryan,

The funny thing about the V-10 isn't the comparison to the diesel, it's the comparison to the 5.4L......lots of power difference and very little mileage difference.

I can't play in this game, I'm driving around a tiny little 4.6L (
happy.gif
), but it's better than the 4.0L Ranger!!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Travis do I have to send you the M&W turbo for your Smoker it should be big enough to blow off the smoke and looks kewl too.\image[M&W}

(Message edited by mmasheris on January 09, 2004)

15015.jpg
lazerburn.gif

Wes-
Last time I knew the 12.5L was supposed to go as high as 600 or 650hp, but the higher it went the less "torque rise" was available.

Jerry, I have just started to push snow with my cub, I dont have any tire chains on mine and they seem to work great, even though they have a bar tread and are not very wide,
I was also wandering if the wider tires floated more or if they were just as good at getting traction?

Ohhhh One of My Favorite topics got discussed last night & I missed it! RYAN - Diesels are a Variable Fuel/Air ratio engine, F/A ratio changes all the time in relationship to the torque required. At idle I bet they run around 100+:1 air fuel ratio, and at what they call full load under boost without being over-fueled probably about the stoicheometric (sp?) ratio of 10-12:1. As Steve says, after that point the results of additional fuel deminishes rapidly, fuel washes oil off the cylinders, pistons over-heat, rings wear.... But the Smoke Show is GREAT. Wyatt would probably have all the exact numbers from His days in the Secret Engine test labs in Waterloo.
First Deare's to try to not smoke were the side console 3020/4020's that had the same basic 270/404 cid engines as the earlier tractors but had teeny-tiny exhaust outlets on their oval mufflers. If diesels run true to form with 2-cycle engines I bet the piston temps went right thru the ROOF with that move, but smoke was decreased.
My PSD does smoke a little more now Wyatt since the kitty died over X-mas break. I buried the poor thing out by the woods. (sniff-sniff) Truck still keeps whistling for it to come back (grin) Turbos are a WONDERFUL thing!
Travis - Your diesel SGT was the subject of a thread on RPM Forum a month or so ago. Boys over there REALLY liked it. They couldn't believe it really had a turbo!
Ohhhh Also... Slant Grills RULE!

Hey Guys,
I have a friend that has a leaky hydro. He thinks it is leaking from the drive shaft area. Is it hard to change that? Does anyone have easy instructions on how to do that?
Thanks!

Steve-

Little 4.6L has a little payment to go with it compared to the 7.3L. And it pulls your tractors just fine. Probably going to need to upgrade to a SuperCab soon aren't you? Or are you going to get a hitch on a minivan like Bryan?
wink.gif

You had the conversation with Amanda at IA PD, trade trucks AND payments.
happy.gif

BTW, Dad REALLY likes the JD60. . .couldn't believe it was the same beat up tractor.

Gary S.,

The PTO Clutch has to be removed first, It is what was held on to Bearing with the 6 set screws. THEN, you need to remove the PTO Bearing by loosening the collar., THEN you can remove the 2 set screws that hold the PULLEY on to remove it from the crankshaft.
In a nutshell
1.) Remove 6 setscrews from PTO
2.) Remove PTO
3.) Loosen PTO Bearing Collar (some have a jam screw and nut on the collar which needs to come off as well)
4.) Remove the PTO Bearing from the crankshaft.
5.) Remove the 2 setscrews which hold the PTO Pulley on the cranshaft.
6.) Remove pulley from Crankshaft.

Kenny

Jerry S. If I understand what you're having trouble with, you can't remove the PTO. I think the generally accepted method around here is to wrap a chain around the pulley and "whip" the chain until it pulls the PTO off the bearing. I prefer to use a bearing separator clamped over the pulley. I then put bolts with coupler nuts between the block and the back of the bearing separator. As you unscrew the coupler nut it pushes the PTO off the shaft. I've managed to "push" off the PTO and bearing using this method but it takes some patience.

15020.jpg

15021.jpg

I have a quick question, will the s/g from my spare original replace the broken one on my 147 loader tractor??? Thanks! Owen.

Jerry B:

If it was me I would go for a narrower tire. The wide tires float on the snow, where as the narrow tires cut through the snow and and you get more pounds per squar inch.

I've often thought about putting a set of narower tires/rims on the front of my 169 to see if it would steer better with the thrower mounted. Not really the same issue you are talking about, but a fun experiment.

Matt

(Message edited by mkopishke on January 09, 2004)

Bryan, no I wasn't on the throne remembering the King. I was just thinking of this awesome pic. The King has plenty of C-L-A-S-S!
buttrock.gif

15023.jpg

Jerry, I have to say that I have put AG's on the Original, and plowed snow. I had good luck with just them, but when I had a layer of ice, the chains with the larger tires, and weights allowed for no slipping.
15024.jpg

15025.jpg

15026.jpg

Now I have to deal with your other "comments" on the Originals...
jawdrop.gif

animatedbear.gif

shame.gif

banned1.gif

lol.gif

stupid.gif

Jeff R. -

Yep, and towards the end he had plenty of A-S-well, you know what I mean...
lol.gif

Back