• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,
I won't get too excited, but me thinks that you have the colors backwards. Green stripe is a 109. At least for the 1x9 series.

Jeff -

Yeah, you may be right - I think the last 86 I saw had the wrong hood on it. And I remember seeing a VERY clean 109 that my local dealer SENT TO THE SCRAP HEAP with a green stripe. The rat...

Steve, AC? I'm confused.
blush.gif

Art -

What's that say? Home of the Slow Post Special??
lol.gif

<font size="-2">Hmmm - Art said diameter and thicker...</font>

Now Brian, don't go and change portions of my post again.... Not that you would ever do that...
lol.gif

Here is a repost of Steve Blunier's foot control from Friday, March 15, 2002:

Spy photos of the hydro foot control conversion on 2149.....

Over-all shot showing most of the parts.
14938.jpg

Speed control linkage.
14939.jpg

Return to center springs.
14940.jpg

Mock-up of pedal to get angles/lever-arm lengths/etc. correct.
14941.jpg

A few more.....

Tractor in it's current state.
14942.jpg

Rockshaft.
14943.jpg

Left side rockshaft bushing grease zerk I added.
14944.jpg

Right side zerk.
14945.jpg

Art,

169 and M18 are the same diameter and thickness.....one is just a little more religious than the other.....
happy.gif

Posted by Steve Blunier on Saturday, March 16, 2002:

Worked on my 2149 some more today. Had to do some return spring "tweaking", but I think I'm on the right track!!!!

A few more shots.

Front view of linkages:
14947.jpg

Return springs from front:
14948.jpg

Pedal design mock ups. Will be using a spare 129 brake pedal, 125 brake pedal, and part of a 125 foot rest.
14949.jpg

14950.jpg

Posted by Steve Blunier on Sunday, March 17, 2002:

Finished my pedal for the 2149 foot control conversion tonight. Used salvaged 149 and 125 brake pedals and a 125 foot rest. It's built
hell-for-stout, and really works slick. You can use the inside tread plate for fast fwd/rev shuttle work by just rocking your foot, or you can use the
149 pedal for long fwd drives (easier on the foot). Reverse is with the heel from the std foot rest, or the "heel roll back" of the pedal when you put
your foot on the tread plate.

3 different views of the pedal:
14951.jpg

14952.jpg

14953.jpg

You can use the std foot rest without having to rest your foot on the pedal while in "N".
14954.jpg

A view of the control pedal layout. The 149 pedal on the hydro ctrl keeps the tractor looking symmetrical and gives the hydro pedal a factory look.
14955.jpg

Anyone know if there is going to be a Cub Cadet plow day this spring?????

This image posted by Charlie Proctor on Tuesday, March 19, 2002:

14957.gif

Posted by Steve Blunier on Tuesday, March 19, 2002:

Charlie,

My "dead man" return is set up as described below. Please note that I have not tested it yet since I need to finish the PS install before I can run the hydro. Yes, I can see where it would provide a "head jerk" if you dumped you foot off of the pedal, but there are other concerns.

My MAIN concern is to have a system that will not allow the tractor to creep and/or run away if left running without an operator......the mechanical spring system will do that, provided the springs are preloaded beyond the 7-12# specs listed for the friction adjustment in the service manual.

My secondary concern is that the pedal return to N in the event I let up on the pedal, we will assume in a controlled manner, and the tractor will stop...not creep or change directions...just stop. The spring system should do this as well.

If my foot "falls off" the pedal, or for some reason I am no longer in control of the foot pedal, stopping all motion is the main concern....I'll take the head jerk if it stops the tractor. In this case the spring return isn't any different than a "heavy handed" or "ram-rod" operator on a std. lever controlled hydro......

If it becomes a problem after a thorough test the solution seems simple...add a small lift gate style gas cylinder to the linkage, with enough travel to cover the full fwd/rev range of the hydro.

I'm anxious to see how the 2149 set will work...just need to get the PS going first...and get ready for PD too!!!!!}

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PAST FEW POSTS INCLUDING THIS ONE ARE REPOSTS OF OLD POSTS FROM STEVE BLUNIER AND CHARLIE.

Whew! I'm tired of posting photos and archived text, see ya all in the AM.

I recently got a 1979 1250 QL Cub. On the rear of the frame there are no "bushings" through which the 3-pt hitch casting would be pinned. All the other Cubs I've had have these bushings pressed(?) in place. This frame just has the large holes that would hold them IF they were there. Were these omitted on the later models? Or is mine just missing them? If they were omitted, what will I need to attach the 3-pt casting to this tractor?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Keith

Keith E: Sn 616145 & below used a shaft for the lift lever. 616146 & above used IH-644871-C1 "frankenstein" bolts.
Myron

Steve B.,

Is there going to be provsions made for a type of "cruse control"? The foot pedal set up as is has major cool factor all over it, but for long runs in the furrow it could be tough to keep a steady speed. That is unless you plan to run wide open.
happy.gif

Tedd -

IIRC, SB's project is a loader tractor - it's not likely to be in a furrow. That way he has both hands to handle the controls...

Back