• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
ZERO would be a heat-wave up here. -8 right now (That's below zero folks!) with a forcast of somewhere in the low teens below zero!
14914.jpg

Kind of ironic that that Xcel energy has their ad on the same page...dang gas companies!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

On another topic...
Look what followed me home!
14915.jpg

(Message edited by aaytay on January 05, 2004)

Paul - Thanks for the clutch info. Wish I was a mechanical engineer instead of a carpenter!
Bob Yates

Brian S.
I like your 100! It looks like you have the rare padded seat like this one. Good find!
thumbsup.gif

14917.jpg

I got some seat time with my cubs Sunday night. The snow was really wet. Got the 73 stuck and had to get the 100 out to pull it out. I had to finish the drive with the 100. The back blade does a great job as long as it's not too wet.
14919.jpg

14920.jpg

14921.jpg

Hello: I have a Cub #100 serial # 124490 which I know was made late June 1965 . BUT it has rear fenders like a 125 or 129 ,flat on top and curving down at the back. Did a previous owner do a switcheroo.

Good morning all, nice and warm here today in Eau Claire Wi.
Temp now is -4 below with a day time high predicted of 4 above.
No cubbin time today.

Gregg,
My guess would be, yes the PO did a switcheroo on ya.

Lonny, here in Lilse we're at -5, but we will get ot a balmy 12 today.
happy.gif

(Message edited by till on January 06, 2004)

HELP!!!! Why can’t I get this to run? My K321 won't start after a complete rebuild. During the rebuild I put in a new piston (+.010) crank reground (-.010) new valves, new rod (+ .010), new points set at .020, and spark plug gapped to .025, and a carb rebuild (set per the manual). I didn't take the governor apart, or the cam out, but I did have to take the one balance gear off to set the timing (per the manual).

It will turn over and fire about every 10th revolution (just once) then 8 or 10 more revolutions and one more pop.

Did I mess up the timing, or is this some type of adjustment?

Brian S., pull the spark plug out, lay it on the block, crank it over and check the spark. It should be bright and crisp; not fuzzy. Sounds to me like you have an ignition problem -- maybe dirty points or a bad condenser.

(Message edited by Pfunk on January 06, 2004)

Kent-
Nice 73!!!
thumbsup.gif

Does anybody know if anyone out there has repop'd the tranny ID number tags for IH cubs? The tranny (chassis number) tag on the 71 is missing...

(Message edited by aaytay on January 06, 2004)

Richard C - Super nice job on the CAT "0" three point adapter. You should patent it and start building them for the rest of us!!

Art, where are you finding these? I thought you weren't going to use your trailer in the snow/salt.....

Kent, what model is your neighbor's 82 series or is that yours?

Kent:

Plowing snow with a back blade is not the best way. I have been plowing commercially for 20 years using blades but I pust the snow, not pull. Pulling means you run over your snow and pack it making it harder to move. Pushing works much better. Pulling is only used to get snow out of hard to reach places. Also, when oushing snow on rocks turn blade so rounded edge is in the direction of your push, Won't rip up rocks. Does leave some show but that is better than ripping up all the rocks.

I prefer the back blade on a tractor to a front plow on my trucks. Trucks actually push snow beter than tractor but visibility is better in tractor and can reach hard to get to spots easire.

Paul:

If you can try and start with points cover off, watch the points and see if you are getting good blue spark at the points. I suspect your points are not set properly or the coil is shorted. If the engine ran before you rebuilt it than the coil is probably not the problem. It is probably the points not being set properly. .020 is correct but it is a little difficult to set them.

Also, Paul's suggestion is good too. Problem is that points not set properly wil allow a plug to fire outside of the cylinder and when compression is present, it will not fire. In racing, we check mags by observing plug activity with respect to pressure and increase to the point that the plugs will not fire.

You did not say if you put new points in. You may want to invest in a good points file if they are used as the points may have developed a deposit on one set that is giving you a false gap reading.

Brian I hate to ask this but how did you do a decent job cleaning out all the hone dust & boring material out of the block & cam with the cam, gov weights & counter balence weight still in the block ? now those counter balence gears are questionable enough already how did you check them for wear in the bearing area ? the top one should be nice & full of crap so it can wear out faster & come through your block at a fast rate of speed. and since you left the cam in I'm sure that the crank bearing on the PTO end of the block was left in ? for the 10 min. it would have taken you to do the rest of the job it would have been worth it. now anything that did not get cleaned out will cause excessive wear and since the oil will wash some out it will get into your rod bearing & help wear out that nice reground crank you have . My 2 cents would be take it apart & start over. I have a hard time cleaning the blocks out with everything out of them

did you try running a clean piece of paper through the points to get the oil off of them?

Brian S. Let me throw out another very remote possibility but by chance did you paint it after you rebuilt the engine? Paint can make a good insulator. Need a good ground to the condensor.

Don,

After the machine shop did their work, he ran it through his parts washer again. It's a large unit with steam and high pressure (1500 PSI). And he told me it didn't have to come apart any further, at least not to clean it. Is he "blowing sunshine up my backside"? And I'll clean the points today when I get home.

Rich C.

Didn't paint it, and a new condensor.

(Message edited by bsoehl on January 06, 2004)

Bob, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr is right! The least you could do is put a tarp over that Quiet Line. :eek:)

Kraig-
These things just "find" me.
happy.gif

I wasn't planning on taking the trailer out in the salt, but with the recent rain we had last week, and the fact that it was sooo cold, I knew that the roads were clean and dry.

Problem was when I got about an hour into the 1.5 hour trip, the roads turned into a sheet of 1/2" thick ice that was covered with sand/salt. It was -5 when I left on Sunday morning, but by the time I got back on the roads to head home it had warmed up enough to make it a wet mess. I'm not happy to say the least.

Guess I'll just clean it up once I get the tractor unloaded at the self-serve car wash.

Now if I can just get this non-ring-gear starter, hydro tranny cub to start in this below zero weather, I'll be a happy man!
uhoh.gif

Back