• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can get the numbers off the u joint caps or trunion Napa or Carqest might carry them the local guys here have been pretty good at finding odd parts for me. A u-joint is a u-joint if might fit a chevy pick up or something else. I can beleive that a sponsor doesn't carry a non cub inventory of parts my local guy seems to find everything ok.
wave.gif

I can't hardly play "International Harvester" in the house. The kids go nuts over it it started with my son (he's 7 and brain washed- used be a JD kid) then the two girls, the baby comes running. Its all about the IH rigs and the cubs here.
buttrock.gif

D.Ryan and dean, thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking someone may have encountered this problem previously with a successful resolution.

I used to run a company repair shop we had everything trucks, loaders, conveyors, pumps, buildings ect. If The suggestions don't work out let me know Kaman Industrials might have something or the guys at Big Iorn Equipment might know something. I dealt with everything imaginable from services to structure repair to building trucks and conveyor systems. The best thing might be to take the u-joint along to a real store and have a good parts guy match it up. I have gotten more than a few NLA parts from other sources that way.

Kendell 02 at 8.25am - Sunset, about 12 hours drive away, outside my sister's kitchen.
Kraig 9.31am - g'daughters (2 of em), tired?, p'raps cold, about 6 months ago at a Gold mine out West a bit.
Pops - 12.20pm - ya call a 1950 model body old? c'mon.
Below a couple of pics (1 cub to get by Charlie) just so you guys know there is more to life than just that white fluffy stuff.
74735.jpg

74736.jpg

74737.jpg

Must be nice, it'll be 6 months before we can get out the boat.

Hi Guys.Would someone explain to me how to adjust the governor on a 10 hp Techumsi snow blower engine.I picked up a craftsman snow blower today and noticed it runs too fast when the red lever is all the way up.Thanks-Keith W.

Keith-
I've been laughing at Charlie all day long with his off-topic rants, but I've GOT to jump in this time in his defense.

<font size="-2">....for once</font>

A Craftsman snowblower???? On an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet forum???????
bash.gif

Come on man, there's got to be an on-topic forum out there for that!

Has anyone ever tried drilling out the spot welds, to remove the center section of a wheel? I have some JD wheels that I am considering trying this on (to change the offset to fit a Cub).

I noticed an ad for spot weld cutting bits in a recent Hot Rod magazine.

Pro or Con advice appreciated.

Keith W.

The best wat to adjust the governor on any Techumsi engine is simply take a long length of rope, ( 30feet works best)soak it in gas, place one end in the gas tank on motor, streighten out rope and light end with a match.
Your governor problem will be fixed after you replace that bad engine with a good Kohler engine.

Dave-
Food for thought... Those JD rims may be worth more than a set of correct cub wheels you would need to buy to replace them.
Just something to consider I guess..

Lonny-
roflol.gif

Just saw the News on TV. A good job there for Cub Cadets, go in & plow the snow away for Hilary Clinton's shovellers.
And then put Digger up for Vice Ptesident.

Art-
Thanks, I have considered that too, but had these and if the process was not going to be too time consuming or expensive, I was curious about trying it (probably more to see if I could do it).
Dave

SORRY GUYS-DIDN'T THINK OF THE OF TOPIC AREA BESIDES I DID HEAR A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM THE GARAGE LAST NIGHT -APPARENTLY IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE 1200 AND 126 VOICING THEIR OPINION.THANKS-K.W.

Graeme: Beautiful family!!! 1950 model
tongue.gif
, problay not old but an overhaul would help.
clappy.gif

Pops

HEY DAVE.I HAVE MOVED THE CENTRE SECTION INWARDS ON A SET OF CUB WHEELS.DRILL OUT THE SPOT WELDS WITH A 3/4 BIT,OSU SOME 1/8 PLATE AND USE A 3/4 HOLE SAW TO CUT SOME PLUGS TO REFILL THE HOLES.K.W.

i was just browsing through the sandbox and noticed that today's kentucks bday, not the right place to post this i know but i see him here mostly. happy bday!!

Back