• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Does anybody have the dimensions of the
clutch shaft bushing for a Original?

293095.jpg

Picture borrowed from CC Specialties.

Lucas J. A gentleman told me a few years back that if you have the piece in fairly decent condition then go to an electrical motor repair shop. One that does all kinds of electrical motors (i.e. industrial to general usage). He said that the bushings are pretty much stock electric motor components and are reasonably priced. Keep us posted.

David S. Are you going to make a companion seat to go with the cab for Princess to ride on when doing snow removal duties?
293098.gif

So I got the tiller mounted on my buddy's 782. Waiting on a belt to finish that up for him. And do a tune up on his 782. Started to work on the 982 Think the coil is bad. It has some connection issues on the key switch. But I do believe the guy told the truth about the engine. Under the tin work it looks brand new. Although I am not a Onan fan. I will try to keep this in there. Unless I find another good running mag 20. Sorry I didn't get pictures yet but I will today. Have a good day Jim

i need to make some frame repairs to my 70 and i need some opinions.
My second hole back on the frame for the mule drive on the front is significantly enlarged. I thought about welding a nut to the inside of the frame. Will that interfere with sliding the engine out? Would just a thick washer be better? I see the hole in the mule drive is set up for carriage bolt too...
The first hole closest to the front is a pain to get to from the inside with the PTO on, have any of you used bushings to use a longer bolt allowing easier access to a nut on the outside of the recessed hole in the grill instead of trying to fit a socket in the recess hole of the grill? I thought about welding a nut there too but i see the grill will not allow that.

I also thought about looking for a quick hitch like my 124 has. Do the lower grill holes line up for what i need to mount one?

thanks

Matt,
I pull the engine in my 100 to do a clutch rebuild. The second hole had the nut that was welded at one time on each side of the frame.
All my other 70/100s has a nut welded on the inside of the frame (2nd hole).
I rewelded the nut to the inside of the frame.

293106.jpg

293107.jpg

293108.jpg

I'm using a strap set on each side of the mule drive.

293109.jpg

I makes attaching the mule much easier to my 100.

Marlin H. Me and my dad were going to make it if we could get the original dimensions. The one on my tractor is worn badly. We had a larger metal lathe but we just got a smaller percision toolroom lathe and a milling machine so hopefully we can make all kinds of stuff for my fleet.

Thanks Dale for the pictures. I will weld a nut on then. I like the strap, is it something you made or bought? i see them in the CC-36 operators manual.

Matt M. use a c coupler nut on the front hole, makes it much easier. I'm going to modify the grill on the 123 by removing the upper horizontal bar so it will slide out like the one on my 106. This will make accessing the pto much easier

A friend is rebuilding a K321 and wants to know if the rear main bearing should be a press fit into the rear bearing plate. I think it should be snug in the plate and tight on the crankshaft. If it's a good bearing it won't turn in the plate. Any comments on this before I get back to him?
happy.gif

Frank,

Here is what the Kohler Manual says about installing the rear main bearing.

293114.jpg

Thanks, Ken. For the sake of discussion I think I was wrong saying "Rear bearing Plate". Seems from Kohler's point of view our CC engines are installed backwards, so my rear bearing plate is just a bearing plate. 9 below here this morning. Do steering wheels pull easier when they're cold?
happy.gif

Frank

I `am having some shop time today . while the boss is away I get to fill my day on cubs. putting the 149 back together and getting my Cab ready. I hear we will be getting a bunch a snow later this week so I might as well get a head start and get ready .

Hello gang! Happy New Year, and lets keep our IH Cub Cadets running strong! In short order, I will be back at my 1450 project. Just wanted to check in, and say thank you for the best IH Cub Cadet forum!

Frank
I got my Cab already to install on my tractor. I just need a few bolts to set it in place and mount my snow thrower. just a few things to ad , like lights and power to the wiper. Thanks for sending it over here.

Don: Just because you told me about your resizing problems:
worthless.gif

Back