• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lights are still on - that's a good sign.
happy.gif

Jim Harder's pics of his recent find....

293150.jpg

293151.jpg

293152.jpg

293153.jpg

293154.jpg

293155.jpg

I finally got around to modify the wide sub frame for the 123 dozer blade.
293165.jpg

I cut the curved part off.
293166.jpg

then swapped them to the apposite sides
293167.jpg

added some reinforcement
293168.jpg

the slotted end on the rockshaft hit this bolt but cutting 1/4in off fixed it
293169.jpg

the finish sub frame installed
293170.jpg

Now I can fab up the lift rod. from what I've seen on here is to sit the tractor on 2x4, place the lift lever in the forward position. The measure how long it needs to be.

Looks good Doug!!..got some mighty fine bead burnin goin on that welding..
lazerburn.gif

So I spent the weekend and up to today working on cubs in my spare time. Took the rear lift off the 982 I bought and put on my buddy's 782. Changed the hy Tran and filter on his 782 and engine oil. Found out his 782 already has a mag 18 in it. also changed his fuel filter and cleaned the carb. Fixed some wiring issues for him. Then hung the tiller on. This tiller is very nice. Still has the belt guard factory hitch bolt and the center tine. Tried to trade him mine but wouldn't go for it. Then I started on my new to me 982. Threw a battery in it and it wouldn't crank. Wiring on the back of the switch was bad. Jumped across the solenoid and the starter just hummed wouldn't turn over. The right cylinder was stuck. sprayed some snake oil in it and got it to turn over backwards. Turned it by hand awhile then pulled the plugs and hit it with the starter, Turn over just fine and had good compression. cleaned the points still no spark. Bad coil put another one on it and had fire. cleaned the plugs shot some carb cleaner in it just to see if it would fire and it did. Took carb to find out the intake had already been fixed and was dated 1998. Cleaned carb but it back on put new fuel lines on and poured gas in it and it ran ok. Not great just ok. fixed the wiring got better still not good. was messing around with it and it was jumping spark from the wires to the head built new wires. Ran great then, So I soaked it with degreaser and gave it a WAY over due bath. Put the 54 inch HYD angle snowblade on and a set of chains. Found out the rear tires are filled so that's a plus. I am happy with it for what I gave for it. And I believe the ole boys story is true about the new engine. under all the tin it looks brand new. We are suppose to get 4 to 6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, So that means I get to try it out. And I also got my snow thrower tractor ready with all new oils and filters and a carb cleaning. Got magnet heater today to put on the rear-end to help it turn over easier when starting it. Plus put the vinyl sides and door back on the cab tonight. So all in all been busy but its been enjoyable to work on them again. I sent Mr. plow pictures of the 982 after it got out of its bath. So maybe if he has time he can post them for me. Jim

Back