• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Kenneth P - Gear drives may be simpler, but don't you feel you're missing out on something special by not having a "do-hickie flapper?"

Actually, having watched and read photos and conversations on clutches, broken shifter forks, etc, I'll stick with my hydros! Oh wait - I almost forgot, I found me a 100 sitting in a grove of trees on my recent trip to Nebraska. I'll be picking it up the first weekend in April. (I'm more than a little paranoid about working on it though, with all the talk of broken knuckles on large hands working on NF's!)

I feel a little foolish getting this tractor that's been sitting outside for at least the past 15 years, when Lucky Leon finds treasures! Oh, well!

Greg Lippert
lol (talk of broken knuckles on large hands working on NF's!) .You will see,the NF tractor is , has tight areas to work in. my 125 Has caused a few marks lol. BUT well worth all the effort I think.I have a clutch to replace on my 100 after I refurb my o) and 125.
vroom.gif

Greg, besides the 108, I have an off topic Varidrive and a hydro. So I have do-hickies and thingamabobs to play with. Just fun to stir the pot.

KennyP

Chris R.
Nice "O", but we need to talk.
Get the crap off of the Camaro!!
shame.gif
bottom.gif

If it's in your way I will gladly come over and properly despose of it for you.
err.gif

221896.jpg

Kent Shultz

I agree ! he could email me his address and I would get that out of his way
drool.gif
. No charge lol. I did some cub stuff today and more yet.
221904.jpg

Checked ring gap.
old.gif

GREG - Nice thing about GD's is the clutch & shifter problems are an OCCASIONAL problem. I habe a 46 and 43 yr old GD out in the shop that the insides of the trans on both have never seen the light of day since they were built in LVL. he reduction hgs & diff areas have since I put brake pucks in one and change the oil by removing the rear covers.

In very sever usage like IH Farmall plant used CC's in hauling trash, mowing, blowing, plowing & sweeping snow the hydro's held up better but for most mowing (open areas) & especially moldboard plowing, & spraying a GD works better.

Best thing is to have at least ONE of each.

Don, first look at your pic and thought 'what the h***'. Looked like the cylinder was over sized at the top. Then I saw what was going on. Had me worried there for a sec.

KennyP

MORNING DON.
wave.gif
You making those end gaps on the top ring about .014-.015"?

The second and oil control rings can be a bit tighter if I remember the manual right.

Mid to top end of the range in the manual is better than the low end. Prevents ring end butting which is bad!

Chris, I am in line behind Kent and Don, I will even help clear the stuff off it.

Now on topic, I ordered a OEM piston and ring set for my k301. I know I should do more I just dont have the money so I bead cleaned the cylider and will do head and valve clean up and pray for the best

When installing hydraulic lift, should the spool valve, cylinder, lines, etc. be filled with hytran? How do you bleed the system?

Dennis Frisk

The manual I have here says 0.010 to 0.020 . I have 16 t 18 bottom ! I do have another problem ! some better 1/2 up set my 12K and well if you look at the earlier picrure. some fins got broke off
bash.gif
bash.gif
x2
bash.gif

i know its bad on that car i have caught crap on another board for it also
but it is a single stage red paint that is checked everywhere
its a good 25 foot car
the car was painted in 1987
needs redone but too many hobbies are keeping me from doing it
btw here is a good picture of it
221929.jpg

KENNY P. - What is a "VariDrive"? There were a couple belt drive CC's, the '61-'63 Originals, 1100 and one of the 582's.

DON - as long as the pieces that broke off aren't too big things will be fine. I think your ring gaps are good too.

Dennis Frisk

VariDrive"? That must be J D . I think Charlie got a J D with that belt drive system.

chris rolke

I had a good time all weekend when a friend had let me drive him around in his 396 4 speed SS . It had stripes up over the hood . Hit 3 rd sideways lol. lots of fun lol. What year and drive train ?
drool.gif

DON - the jd belt thing-a-ma-jig is called a "VARIATOR". My cousin had their #110 sitting by the barn maybe a year or two old once when I visited them, and our #70 was maybe 3-4 yrs old. I ran the 110 around to play with the variator, was O-K but not a hydro, and not worth the problems keeping it working right.

Later my uncle got a CC WF with a mower & tiller, might have had hyd. lift too.

On their big tractors they went from red, to green, to blue. WHAT were they thinking?
bash.gif

I did a little more , I put on the flywheel and set the points. Marked the fly wheel for the future( Timing)use .Breather is installed along with the base pan.primer on the screen also. Its time for sanding and paint
bash.gif

Back