• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, Art, the IH nipples are still available. I'm not sure if they are cheaper through Deere or IH, but our parts guy says they are not interchangeable with Pioneer stuff.
16306.jpg

There's a certain sponsor above that does offer them.

Engine experts ........ I need information / help. I occasionally hear one of you refer to a 13 fin Kohler block. I believe that means the block has 13 cooling fins. What I don't know but would like to, is "So what?" What are the implications of that? There must be some other factors that are different on a 13 fin block than on the other ones, and I would like to know what they are. My future plans are to make my 106 a 146, and I want to start with the best block to build the best 14hp I can, so I'd like to know more about the blocks. Thanks. PS I'm only posting this here because I think everyone who reads the hot rod page reads this one too.
cjm

Charles, only the 16's had 13 fin blocks. They were the original engine for a 169, and most of the replacement engines are 12 fin. I think some of the early 1650's had 13 fin blocks also.

Don will have to verify this, but I think the 13's had thicker cyl walls. There is no other difference AFAIK.

Well, about the only thing I can say it that that block is a K-341 16 h.p., not a 14 and I think but I am not totally sure about this, that it is a bit stronger or has more material in the cylinder portion of the block. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Cub Gods were with me today. I had the (WAY) good fortune of actually getting two steering wheels removed, with no damage, in less than 10 minutes, total. Who'da thunk that was possible?!?!?

I went ahead and took apart the 1250 since the planets were aligned on my behalf. I've got it stripped down to the frame save removing the rear end and front axle. I didn't even have to swear to get the job done. What the f*** is up with that?

Then I got to finish up this beautiful day playing with my nitro RC car. To top off the hit list of good news, I'll be a bachelor for the next two weekends. I'll certainly resort to my bachelor habits and spend the two weekends in the shop. Schaa-Wiing!!!

Steve B,
Unfortunatly the service bulletin did not say how much they increased the volume of the charge pump.
They did increase the pressure from 500-625psi
up to 800-900psi. It appears that they only offer the relief valve spring for the later style. I checked the parts lists for a 149 and a 2284
and they list the same part #. That explains why the implement lift pressure is so high in my 123.
When I put the ported pump in it, I put in a new spring. Without any shims it had 700psi.

Jim D, Travis,
The CC couplers are not compatible with pioneer
couplers. They almost look like they are but pioneer tips don't go all the way in. I replaced
the females on my 782 with pioneer style.

Still trying to change my email address. It s [email protected] for any interested. Are there any of you in the Middle Tennessee or Southern Kentucky area who would be interested in letting our Cubs play together?

Herbert G (and anyone else changing their e-mail) -

Send your change request to [email protected], one of us will change it when we get a chance.

We took away the user's ability to change addresses themselves because so many folks were having trouble dealing with the activation key.

We don't let people change their addresses to anything they want - we require VALID e-mail addresses so that nobody can hide behind a bogus address. We've BTDT too many times.

I am trying to create a new e-mail add. I am divorced with a new e-mail add. Deleted old one befor the divorce, Don't post much-just been listening and learnig, since BGC. (MAN!! do I say learn!! that supposed to be a complament to ALL). I can't change to my new add in my profile. I made an e-mail too Bryan 'n' Bob. I realize it takes time, not tryin to start bad vibes, would just like to have an e-mail add in my profile. Herbret-or anyone, e-mail me if you here anything [email protected]

Open mouth insert foot, sorry Bryan got involed in a show while posting. Thanks

(Message edited by sleggett on February 29, 2004)

Looking for information.
Have Brinly disk.
What do the connections look like to hook up to a sleeve hitch?
Cant find any pictures in any of my books.

I had great luck with the ATV tires on the 582 so the "zig" is going to get a smaller set. These are the Titan 489 23 X 10.00 X 12's
16313.jpg

Near 55 degrees today here in N/E Illinois so did get some light tool time today. Picked up this at one of "Colorful Boxes" R.F. Houtz. Looks like it sould handle about 7 cases of "harder" tools.
16315.jpg

Thinking of swaping out the CCC temp guage for a more non-idiot type guage, and going to a new 0hr. Cat guage to track time.
16317.jpg

Todd M: The CC front couplers are Parker brand/style & not compatible with other brands to my knowledge. JD also uses(used) the Parker brand/ style couplers. The one shown is the correct Parker male coupler. The female coupler JD # is AH15940.
Myron B

Tom-
Is that an old one or is that repro. If someone's making repros I might be able to convince the "accountant" to let me get one. I need to gravel our drive this spring, 4" of mud ruts isn't exactly the ideal drive for our Mustang.

And lastly had to to put the toys back to bed and dream of getting back "In the dirt".
16319.jpg

I'm on a rollllllll. Put one of the diamond plate clutch covers on the "120" today too!
16323.jpg

Latest posts

Back