• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Nope Charlie, you are definately not!

I LOVE shopping for tires...don't know why, but I do!!!!

And.....nothing looks better on a nice tractor than a new set of tires!

Kraig M (Oh great Keeper of the Photos),

Do you have a picture in your archive of a narrow frame (preferably a 1x6/7 model) with the hood open showing which side the voltage regulator wire terminals should be on and wire routing, including headlight wires? We are working on a 147 but I think any narrow frame would likely be the same.

We have pretty much gone through this 147 from nose to tail including a new wire harness. We installed the zig-zag grill frame last night and were trying to figure out which way the voltage regulator should be installed. Any picts would be most helpful. Thanks.

Ron, here are some photos of a 127. The wire harness should run along the right hand side (right hand side determined as you sit on the tractor) of the frame rails, then up the right hand side of the grill housing. The main connections to the regulator are on the right hand side.

319627.jpg

319628.jpg

319629.jpg

Ron, here's a photo of a 125 which should have the same harness routing as the 1x6/7 series. I'm adding this to show how the clip that secures the harness is mounted to the grill housing. It also shows a little better how the harness routes up along the grill.

319631.jpg

Ron, one more thing. It's fairly easy to refurbish the original wire clips. I clean them up with a wire brush to get rid of the rust then prime and paint them with silver paint. Alternately you could re-plate them. Matt G., has a good write up on plating on his website http://www.mgonitzke.net/cubcadet.html

After you have the clip painted or plated cover the clip end with heat shrink. I prefer heat shrink to that plastic dip stuff.

Before:

319633.jpg

After:

319634.jpg

Thanks Kraig! That's what I needed. The regulator terminals should be on the right. Just wasn't sure which way they should be positioned as the new harness was long enough to go either way.

Shultzie, from the Forum Archives

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Cub Cadet general information

Well, I'll be the first to welcome all of you Cub Cadet enthusiasts. I hope you all have a fun time here and let us know what is on your mind. I have lined up a couple of guys who are quite knowledgeable in the Cub Cadet world to answer questions for us. An old IH parts guy has been a wealth of info and we'll try to answer questions and pose a few of our own along the way. We do not claim to be a complete storehouse of knowledge but rather would like to serve as a clearing house for information, sources of old Cub Cadets for those wanting to get one, new and used parts sources, reproduction parts,and restoration resources. If you haven't already, visit http://www.cybernet1.com/oldiron/cubcadet.htm

Brad Boyd - <font color="ff0000">10:26pm Mar 5, 1998 EST (#2</font> of 797)
Hey Bob, You 'll probably see a lot of familiar names from Bill Marrison's pulling forum. Does anyone make aftermarket decal sets? What color white is a good sub to use that is made by Sherwinn-Williams? I'm building a stock puller 1968 model 124. Good Day.B.B.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

WOW. That seems like such a long time. I guess time flies when you're having fun.
buttrock.gif
I just checked and it looks like I've been around since 9-16-06.
eek.gif

Well I took the 1650 for its first test run down the driveway today
groupwave.gif

Must admit first never having driven a hydrostatic.... suspect something is quite wrong, but hopefully easy fix...
very touchy on the forward/reverse lever, like so touchy it pops wheelies when you just nudge the lever forward. there's no gradual acceleration.
Tractor has been sitting for likely 10 yrs, maybe 20. I rebuilt the K341 and cleaned up a few other things to get it to the point I could take a spin....
question 1:
Is this the norm? I cannot imagine trying to run an implement with this condition.
question 2:
On the left side of trani the linkage has 2 springs which to me would be to gradually compensate up to the desired speed as you moved the lever rather than JUMP right to it, dont know what they'd be called but mine does not budge without a pry-bar. Quite certain this lever/spring setup should move freely with minimal resitance.... and to the question..... Is this what would be causing the instantaneous torque dump to wheels when I nudge the lever? It does same instant torque dump for slowing down, have to be careful not to head over the hood....
319638.jpg

Shultzie, you've been around here since 2001. The profile date is wrong, it got reset for a bunch of us. I first signed up in November of 1998 but my profile says "Registered: August 4, 2006" so I added a line to my profile with the corrected date.
happy.gif
Way back when, I would take a screen capture of new member profile pages. The date stamp on the one I saved of yours in December 3, 2001. In your profile you stated your age as 37, does that agree with a 2001 date?

319640.jpg

Jeff B., that has quite a bit of wear to the trunion slot. Check out the FAQ # 14 (be sure to follow the links at the bottom of the # 14 FAQ then the next and so on...) and also check out the CubFAQ # 14 and # 33.

Shultzie, this "might" be your first post.
happy.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Kent Shultz (Kshultz) on Monday, December 03, 2001 - 11:51 am:

Guy,
I have the same problem on my 100 that I just bought. I don't have the answer. But I was told that the gov. was worn out and the engine needs to be disassembled to fix it. That's over my head.
So I guess I'm looking for an answer myself.
So I guess I'm asking is there a way to check it before I send it in to the IH shop.
Thanks.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

We should celebrate the milestone with a party and a toast to the next 20 years.
beer2.gif
Thank and honor those how keep this thing going like Charlie, Kraig, et al.
groupwave.gif
Anyone know how to do a virtual party? Or how about a top 10 list of funniest things posted here? I'm sure Hydro Harry has a few stories to recall or other may have a few about Hydro! I always enjoyed Dennis Frisk's stories about his days at the Farmall plant.

We should also remember those who are no longer with us, yet contributed significantly to the forum over the years.
angel.gif
Myron Bounds, Bryan McMeen and Don Tanner are several that come to mind. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

Ron, did you mean Myron Bounds? I don't recall hearing anything about Rolland not being with us anymore...
icon_eek.gif
dunno.gif
Oh, and Bryan's last name is spelled: McMeen. Also, Dennis' last name is spelled: Frisk.

Thanks Kraig for pointing me in the right direction, that appears to be the issue.
The photo I posted was of another hydro not the one in question.

Jeff B,
There is a part available to fix that, Charlie has 'em on the CCS site. He also has the spring kit new as well
Here's one we installed on my 149 loader project

319643.jpg

Kraig,
Ha Ha, that's cool.
roflol.gif
Yes, 37 would've been correct back then.
biggrin.gif

I don't have that "O" any more, but I still have the one that's in my profile now.

Kraig,

Thanks for the clarifications. Corrections made in my original post. Yes, I meant Myron, not Roland. My apologies.

Back