• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfreeman

displayname
Ken Freeman
Post 3 of 3

294820.jpg

294821.jpg

294822.jpg

Post 2 of 3

294827.jpg

294828.jpg

I started with this choke control. It wasn't robust enough. I now have a heavier control cable installed.

294829.jpg

The angle adjuster just uses a control cable to pull the locking pin. The rod on the left side allows the blade angle to be changed while the pin is raised.

I used existing holes on the tractor and blade assembly. This is a bolt on accessory that does not require any modification of the tractor or blade.

Thanks for sharing Ken, That is an awesome idea. You should sell some kits of this setup.

Ken can you get a closer pic of the pin lift?

does anyone have a close up pic of the back of a 104? also I cant get my 104 off the trailor, the rear wheels will not turn, the drive shaft turns.

David
A 104 has a std trans , put the shifter in nuteral and yes then the drive shaft can turn . release the parking brake and try again . it is possible that the brake if left set can sieze on .check the brake to see if it is released . also how cold is it there ? if it is freezing out the rear end might hav e some water init and it has frozen up. let us know what you find

its above freezing here, the drive shaft turns freely in every gear. I think maybe the pressure plate and clutch are rusted together.

David

Yes the clutch plates can stick together but with the trans in nuteral you should be able to push the cub by hand

Dave Collins
I'm confused, I can't figure out how the drive shaft could possibly turn, and the back wheels do not,
I don't think that's possible, unless there are some gears broken in the rear of that thing, allowing the driveshaft to free wheel and at the same time locking up the rear end with broken parts.

David

if with the engine running the cub will not move and you can see the drive shaft turning. your problem is a broken drive pin at the rear of the drive shaft. jack up the tractor and spin a wheel and check to see if the drive shaft turns. The pin can be replaced from under the Cub .but I think it is easier done by removing the bolts in the frame to rear end and lifting the frame up. the Cub manual explains parting or seperating your rear end . lt us know what you find .

I wish to thank everyone for their kind comments about this little project. I do appreciate them.

Jeff, here you go.

This is the bracket that I would make the most changes to, if I was going to make another. I would try it with the vertical leg of the base angle towards the pin. I think there is enough room between the bolts to do this. Also, it does not have to be this tall. There is only about 3/4" of movement required of the pin. I am getting a little deflection and twisting on this bracket. I made it like this so that it would just bolt on and I would not have to modify the blade mounting frame.

294844.jpg

294845.jpg

Here is the bracket before installation.

294846.jpg

Ken,

Just a thought here,to help the deflection problem. I think heavier angle iron might work; or making the horizontal piece out of a channel steel might also add some strength, without compromising the design.

This looks like a real nice product.

David the rear wheels can be locking if the brake is locked in ,even if the brake is pedel is up .the rear wheels will not turn .and if the drive shaft will turn the pin is broke ,and the brake broke it because the brake is stuck ,i have this problem on a 123 and a 122 .and if its the brake its no fun trying to repair this problem

Jack Marks
He never says he drove it on the trailer or how the tractor got on the trailer !stuck brake or a tore up rear-end ? Not enuf info to give him an answer . But I think I covered everything but a broke rear end. The Cub rear end does not break easily .

Ken,
Thanks for all the pics of the angle setup. Pretty cool idea! Might have to file that one for later use.

David Collins,
We need some more info. Does the 104 run and did ya drive it onto the trailer? Are you saying when running, if you put it in gear and release the clutch, the tractor won't move under its own power. Or, the tractor won't move when in neutral and when pushed. Don's given ya a lot of great info to check out, but we need some more from your end to help ya figure this out. Stuck in two gears?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back