• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, I am new to this site and have a cub question. I have a cub 1100 that I am looking to possibly replace the briggs and stratton 11hp engine. It is a model 253417, type 0630-01, code 79031511. Can anybody suggest a replacement engine or has someone changed the engine in their own and with what? Any and all help would be appreciated. Glenn

I have an interesting question for all us cub lovers out there:
"What would you consider the HEART of your favorite cub cadet?"

We all have that one favorite tractor sitting in the garage. But if you blow a rod and swap the engine? Is it the same ol' girl with a new engine? Then you find a nearly new hood and dash that will make it soooo smooth. Then you pick up a set of freshly fixed and painted fenders to replace your beat up ones. New tires, new clutch/fresh Hytran.... Upgrade front axle.... Maybe a refreshed replacement rearend with just the right gears in it. You get the picture.

You have basically replaced everything but the frame (and in some cases that too) so where does her "heart" reside? Thoughts? It must be in the ID tag, right? Cause that's the only way to prove my "new" cub is still my old cub.

Thoughts? What make my beautiful cub still "my" beautiful cub?

Nic B

That is real easy if you only have one Cub . a few cosmetic changes don`t change how you feel about a woman does it ?

guys I bought the 104 it was below freezing that day and me and guy I got it from had to lift the rearend and push it on trailor, I thought maybe it had water in rearend and was frozen but its above freezing here for couple days and it still will not move, I have jacked it up and neither wheel will turn.
I can turn engine pully ny hand and drive shaft turns all the back into rearend. no it does not run at the moment. I have no ideal whats going on with it.

Dave C. It definately sounds like you have a broken pin at the rear drive shaft coupling. As far as the rear lockup problem, I would pull the cover off the back of the rear for a quick inspection. Maybe that could shed some light on the subject. Just my .02 worth.

Dave Collins
Now we're getting somewhere! "Neither wheel will turn", A look inside should shed some bright light on the subject !}}

Dave C.

Ron and I have given you some good advice . I agree with him ; pull the cover and have a look. The more information you give makes it easier for us to answer your question .
Shift.gif

David,
Thanks for giving us more info.
beerchug.gif
Could be stuck brake, something broken/locked up in the rearend, or still could be iced up. I see you're in Kentucky so it prolly didn't get too cold. But if there is/was alot of water in the rearend and it froze solid, it would take a little while to thaw out unless you had it in a heated shop or it's been warm for a while. I'm on the bandwagon of pulling the rear cover and seeing if anything is obvious in there. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ken, Cut a small "vee" out of the bottom leg of the horizontal angle, and bend it around enough so it will come out centered on the pin. Then add a shim under it to rest on the "A" frame then you could eliminate most if not all of the vertical angle.

Then make a new straight pin and do away with the "handle" and maybe use a small clevis in place of it.

Nic, Don hit it perfectly. Its just like your woman going to the plastic surgeon. Same woman, different easier to look at and play with parts.
err.gif
censored.gif

Latest posts

Back