• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few pics of my 100 with the blade and the salt spreader I built. I also seperated the clutch and brake and made a seperate brake pedal.
tractor031.jpg

tractor033.jpg

tractor030.jpg

tractor025.jpg

Adam,

Nice setup. Is that spreader electric? Looks like a motor under it, but I can't tell for sure.

I need to come up with something for spreading lime. Bagged "Ag Lime" costs about $3 for 50 lbs at Rural King. I can buy lime for about $6/ton at the gravel yard, but the push type drop spreader I was going to convert to pull type won't handle the cheap stuff because some of the granules are too big. My crank spreader with the shoulder strap will spread it, but that gets old in a hurry.

I've been wanting to buy or build a heavy duty drop spreader about 4 ft wide, but something like yours might be an option.

Jerry

Marlin H - I bought my front weight bracket from someone, but it works pretty well for me. It's made from .25" X 3", with a strip of .25" X 1.5" welded on the inside of the front, where the weights hang. It's not pretty, but it's effective. I have the larger 40# weights, and 4 fit nicely.

PS - Don T, congratulations to you and your fellow countrymen. It was a heck of a hockey game! It was also great to see all the Canadian athletes (in all the sports) and fans singing along to their National Anthem. I'd like to see more Americans do the same.

thumbsup.gif

186147.jpg

186148.jpg

186149.jpg

186150.jpg

186151.jpg

Digger - Thanks for reposting Adam's pics. I'm not a fan of the photobucket links. Especially when it's so easy to post the pics right onto this site.

Adam - Nice spreader setup!

the back plate on the rear end drains the rear end and the hydrostatic part too, or is it 2 different things to drain and refill, i been trying to find what oil goes in there, can anyone please help?

Peter S - First off, "Welcome" to the best forum on the internet for Cub Cadets!
groupwave.gif

Yes, you got it. The rear end is the reservoir for the hydrostatic transmission (and the hydraulic lift if your tractor is equipped with one). The recommended oil is Hy-Tran Ultra, available from Cub Cadet or Case/IH dealers. It's different from other hydro fluid because it has properties to absorb any water that may get into the system and settle as "blobs" at the bottom of the rear end.

Check out all the FAQs at the top of each page, and you'll find a wealth of useful info. And if you need any parts, manuals, etc, the sponsors listed at the top of each page can hook ya up.
thumbsup_old.gif

Digger
Thanks for fixing my pics. I'm computer impaired and couldn't get the pics to show up.

Jerry
I used a motor and gearbox from a cordless drill to run the spreader. With the gearbox in low range it spreads about a 6' path. I tried it in high but it was way too fast.

Dennis Frisk,
No not in the opposite direction to the rears. Correctly.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hi Guys-

I picked this tranny up this morning with a 1250 I got in a trade. I have tried to figure out what it was on from the s/n but can't finalize. I think it was a 106 or a 126. Can anyone break it down and let me know how to tell? I thought I had this figured out but the curve balls keep coming.

186170.jpg

Thanks to any and all...Wayne

Wayne: Check Kraig's post on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2010 at 10:18AM. Looks like a 126 to me.
happy.gif

Wayne-
2050039U372962

Double-Oh-Thirty-Nine Machine Code = 126.

<font size="-2">Back under "EDIT" mode: Well, there's TWO guys who type faster than me. Let's see who's slower....</font>
roflol.gif

Sorry Art.
roflol.gif

Just be glad you didn't have to lift a red hot Kohler block with your forearms.
icon_eek.gif

I always thought if grasshopper would'a just knocked that old, blind man in inbetween the eyes once, he could've had that pebble years before he did. The trick was to pull it off before somebody read the old man the script.
happy.gif

Back