• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank,

How are they branded - Cat, Perkins or a little of each? The ones at the Surplus Center are called Perkins so they may be NOS. A tempting price but I have no spare time (or cash) right now.

Jim

CAT bought Perkins about 7-8 years ago. CAT bought them with the good foresight that they needed a small engine company for compact equipment.

WYATT - That's what You need for Your Wheatland..... a 3402 CAT.....hehehe

I'd think an engine in Oilfield Orange would be a little more appropriate for my backround
happy.gif

I was just checking to see if anyone could post a pic or two of the hydraulic angling kit on an IHCC front blade. I need to see the pics to get a better idea of installing one. Thank you!

Digger, I would have tried to keep those!

The sweetest purr I ever heard was a Cat 3208. Do they make an adapter kit to put one of those in a 982?

Charlie "M",
You mean the 'Ol Smoky CAT V8 throw away engine? The 613 scraper and the 225 Excavator at work has them in 'em. No mosquitos after starting that thing up in the morning.

Charles; mating a 3208 to an SGT is easy... you'll need jackstands under the frame... Permanently...

As for 'purring'... I don't think ANY Rudolf-cycle fits that description. I'm thinking that's more down the description of perhaps a Merlin... or a Pratt-Whitney PT-6... that is... if your kitty carries an 1800hp hair-dryer...

Did I ever mention I love diesel smoke? Almost as much as plowing. I think the ultimate must be a combination of the two. I envy the smoker owners.

GLADE someone can read my wrighting . Yes Daves got it on the 1650. Never worked on cubs.I have a tractor that is shaft drive but it,s a Economy jim/dandy knot like cubs.I got some of the parts. some on back order. I will strat tairdown tomorow. Will need all the help i can get.

The pump is a standard SAE A 2-bolt mount Sundstrand TK19.2, with a 5/8 keyway shaft, a #12 inlet port, a #6 3gpm priority port, and a #8 6gpm auxiliary port. It rotates counterclockwise, and carries the Surplus Center part # 9-2027D.
16191.jpg
16192.jpg
16193.jpg

I messed around with several different mounting locations and configurations, and the best overall location for mounting the pump came out to be on the right-hand side of the engine, right alongside the starter and ignition coil. Note that my original plan was to mount the pump so that it protruded THROUGH the grille. I decided against this because the plumbing was so much simpler, and the pump wasn't out where the loader bucket could lose something and break the pump loose.
16194.jpg
16195.jpg

To mount it, I started by taking some parts of an electric clutch (Thanks Keith!) and laying out the engine face's bolt-pattern on a cardboard box. Then I made a rough measurement of the pump shaft's location with respect to the crankshaft. With drafting tools, I located the center of the engine's output shaft...
16196.jpg
16197.jpg

...then transferred the rest of the measurements to cardboard
16198.jpg
16199.jpg
16200.jpg

...Then did a test check, cut out the holes, placed the pattern ON the engine (using clutch bolts!) for a test fit.
16201.jpg
16202.jpg
16203.jpg

...Then made some 'adjustments' to the final position with razor-knife and a roll of 'anti-gravity'...
16204.jpg

...Then I took the data, and my pattern inside, and drew up this scale drawing.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif
pumpbracket.pdf
pumpbracket.pdf (9.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Tomorrow, I'll stop by the scrapyard for a piece of 0.250" steel plate, and I'll carry along the CAD file and see if I can find a shop that'll laser-cut the plate for a decent price. If not, I'll drill and torch-cut the worst of it, and finish the job with a bandsaw and disc-grinder.

Dave:
Are you going to use the electric PTO clutch to power the hydraulic pump intermittently? OR are you going to run the pump continuously by going pulley to pulley and skip the electric PTO clutch?
Keith

Charlie,Thank you for the help with the blade info and pics!!

CHARLES - You wouldn't like diesel smoke real well if You were in My shop on a cold day and I started My PSD. Since the Kitty-Cat died last winter is smokes almost as much as the old 903 Cum-a-part powered semi tractor I used to drive. WYATT - On that orange oil-field engine I could help You fit that in Your Wheatland, but We'd have to work on it Outside the shop..... Since the Engine wouldn't FIT in My SHOP ;-) Last couple days the frost has left the ground in front of the shop. I make ruts 6" deep driving into/out of the shop. I haven't got stuck yet, but it Could happen!

Anybody have a parts breakdown for the hydraulic lift on a 1250 ?

Thanks,

P. Dorow

Good morning all. Finally bought a 169 last night. Cant wait to go pick it up

Hydro leak,
How much is to much? I am loosing about 1 teaspoon a day sitting still. Should I park it untill I get it repaired? How will I know if the Fluid gets to low while I am using the machine and is it to late to repair then? It looks like the leak is around the body of the Pump, perhaps an "O" ring, Is this a big deal?
Thanks guy,
Herb

Back