• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theres another one. points cover is a pain to get on & off. I can't believe it took engineering that long to corect it. hood are really poor on narrow frames. center cross brace's fall out, hood bolt holes break out on the 1x4,1x5,1x6,1x7 models. I think is next to impossible to find a 1x6 or 1x7 model hood thats decent. seats on the 122,123,1x4 & 1x5's are another hard one to find, steering wheels on the 100,102,122,123 are almost always bad, if the are good cross your fingers when you take it off.102,122 dashs that crack out on the side where they bolt to the frame. O yah & my favorite the steering spindle on the left side of any NF.
Tyler what access panel?

I think anyone with a narrow frame can has seen at least 6 things out of the problems I've listed

Don,
That's cause the poor old things got worked to death back in their day!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Tom H - Dang that thing looks sweet! Gonna have to find out more on that!

If you think the point cover on a NF is in a bad location, you should try accessing them on a 200 series JD. In the front, with 1/2 of the cover below the engine mount.

This right here! It is alot harder to put on a sleeve hitch and helper spring when you are standing on your head. A bad example for a pic; but that is all I could find being that I have the flu and feel like crap.
25983.jpg

Tom, there was a 234 at C&G last fall when Art and I stoppped on our way to PDV8.

25986.jpg

25987.jpg

25988.jpg

Time to the blade back on. Thought we were all done with snow, but the national weather service has told me otherwise. 7-10 inches of snow in NE Indiana!

Mercy sakes... WF vs NF... I like ALL Cub Cadets. Yes, it hurt to see Tough Stuff a.k.a. my 104 go to a puller. It would have made a nice reconditioning project if I could've kept it. However, I am glad to have my 125 home again. I also wish that we had kept the 682 instead of trading it on an 1810. My oldest son has the 1810 now along with his 100. So I guess I can safely say that I wouldn't turn down any Cub Cadet WF or NF. I surely would never part or turn a perfectly good Cub into a puller either.

Tyler. I finally felt good enough this weekend to put the Brinly on the 125. While doing so I found the piece that goes on the lift lever was still bolted onto the lift lever. One bolt was loosely holding on that part from a previous Brinly being on the tractor. So, now I have an extra for when I can one day get another Cub. :+) The darn flu bug kept me down for over three weeks. I still have to mount the helper spring and find some front weight before Plow Day.

Quick question here... I've found a set of Titan ag tires (Tru Power ?). They are 7-12". Has anyone tried a set of this size on a 6-12 rim? If so how well do they work?

Charlie, what’s wrong with a little MOD to an engine?

Question for Steve…Know how a Pontiac sounds that won’t start?
Answer…Pontiacityacityacityacityacityacityacityacityacityacityacity…

Narrow vs. wide frame debate – to perform an honest evaluation based on experience, own one of each, or better yet, many of each! Any garden tractor made by IH is worth having.

Even though I'm a die-hard NF Guy, Don's right. When I turn up thru the ditch on My 72 the frame twists and the grass screen on the flywheel gets into the perforated cover over the clutch. The 129 is MUCH stronger in torsion like that. It'll loft the frt wheels easily. But one thing I did notice, You remove the center frame cover between the seat & steering console and even WF's will twist easily.

I agree with Dennis, When heading on very uneven terrane you feel the frame move, but I think that everyone can agree that a Cub Cadet, even if the frame twists a bit beats a John Deere any day.

All I can say is I'm glad there are people like Paul Bell, William D. and others that buy and restore the old Original Cubs so we don't lose that history. As for me I think the Original is an ugly tractor.
hide.gif

MARLIN - Wyatt had some Good-Year Dyna-Torques? (long bar/short bar) from a FWA axle on a compact tractor mounted up on some rims for 6 X 12's and they worked in My Opinion... GREAT. They were full of "Fluid" "Plus ONE" Sizing works well on tractors too.
ANYHOW, far as My opinion on NF/WF.... As You probably know I'm trading DAD even-up, My 129 for His old 70 He bought new in '63. Dad wasn't real keen for making the deal at first, then He remembered what a Mowin' Machine the 129 was. Wife isn't too sold on the idea of Me buying another WF to replace the 129 yet....But She'll get over it. Maybe a 128 or 168 this time around.

Richard- Ugly??? Come on, lets call them unique. I like them as long as they dont have the headlights on them. I would give anything for this original. How many other Cub Cadets could go 10+ m.p.h.? That M & W decal on the hood REALLY sets it off.
25999.jpg

I wouldn't mind Art's "Plow Special" either. It sure is a nice looking machine.

Hey guys,

Shopping for front tires for my 86 and I can't figure out what to do size wise...

I remember a few guys talking about using a larger ags tire up front (larger than stock that is).

Any comments about going with tri-ribs?

Suggestions? Comments?

I once was narrow, but now I'm wide.
happy.gif

<font size="-2">spin that how ya like</font>
The points thing is a valid point, but Mr. Kirk has a fix for that.

Hmmm - I wonder if it can mow foot high grass at 10+MPH
lol.gif

RICK M. - All Cub Cadets that this forum applys to have 8 inch diameter front rims. Width varys. Narrowest standard tire was a 4.00/4.80 X 8 which are normally refered to as 4 inch wide tires. 3.50" wide tri-ribs will fit these narrow rims also. Next larger size was 16" OD x 6.50" wide X 8" dia rim tires or 16-6.50 X 8's. Seems like they need a 4-1/2" or 5" wide rim. And the SGT's had 18"-8.50 X 8's, on about a 6" wide rim. I'm not a big fan of lugged tires on the frt of a CC, but I kinda like the little tri-ribs.

Latest posts

Back