• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#One Top Fuel dragster's 500-cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horse power than the first four rows at the Daytona 500.
#A stock Dodge Hemi V-8 engine cannot produce enough powqer to drive the dragster's supercharger.

Man I need a new clutch.......

Steve - I've never had a clutch spit a lever out but reading your posts I now Know why My 129 spits a broken fiber button out a couple times a year! It's an early enough tractor it needed the rebuild kit with the bent end on the spring (no PTO brake) and it got the two flat ended spring installed 2 yrs ago when I rebuilt it! WYATT - Even with Your 169 the PTO clutch should lead a long & happy life.... My personal record is 8 yrs on one rebuild in My 72 when I was still blowing snow, mowing etc. with it year round.

Denny-
Yeah, being that I use the 169 for plowing and snow blade duty, it should last a while
happy.gif
. I could use it to mow lawn, but I'd spend more time putting gas in the tractor than I would mowing, lots in town aren't real big.

I’m not sure if this is reasonable or not but how difficult would it be to put an engine from a Quiet Line series tractor into a wide frame gear drive? If I wanted to mow with it, would I need the electric PTO or could the mechanical one be used? The shafts are different I am thinking…

Rich,

My 16hp in the 169 is a QL engine....it's running a mechanical PTO. Cranks are the same dimensions.

Sorry that I interrupt the PTO clutch discussion..
Put I have made a little progress on Foxtrot. Man this tractor is taking up more and more room!
16120.jpg

I think the hard work is about to start, removing all of this...
16121.jpg

Couple questions.

After my gasoline filled crankcase incident...the right cylinder (sitting on tractor) now 'squeaks' at start up and low-mid idle. Any ideas what the heck happened?

Second: Is this the real thing? I remember 'Old Geezer' posted something along these lines...but I didn't recall it looking like this.

IH/Cub Prototype 560?

Ryan-
It is possible, Ken Updike has seen pictures of true prototypes. He'd be the one to know for sure.

Ryan -

I'm sitting here thinking "oh, WTH is the name of that tractor...???"

I wanna say it had two words in the name? Aw, it's hell to get old...

Anyway, I thoguht there was some mention of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> kicking the tires on one of those but they decided to "roll their own" with the Original.

Bryan
I've never had a 59m, not from lack of looking for one. Does it drive direct to the flywheel of the chipper? I have a DR chipper and it has a slip clutch so the flywheel runs on for a long time after the engine stops. I would hate to try and stop that flywheel with any brake system.

By the way I haven't tried chipping beer cans in the DR chipper.

Tom H. -

Already replied...

Richard C. -

PTO drives a shaft which then drives the hammers. Needless to say, once it gets spinning, it's gonna spin for quite some time. Especially when ya get new bearings in there...

Bryan - I couldn't open the post but was it the GILSON or GIBSON You were trying to think of?

"Please refrain from "you've got mail" posts - if the recipient is looking here, they probably KNOW they have e-mail. And if they have already read their e-mail, the post is superflous."

Geez.... even the moderators get in on this action!
happy.gif

Tom, I picked up a 582...took me FOREVER to figure out how to drain the oil...should have BTFM!

Gee Ryan,
I thought the wife was supposed to get postpartum depression!
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by cProctor on February 24, 2004)

The "tractor" that Ryan posted the ebay link to is a WAGNER made in the town that made beer famous (Milwaukee, WI). IH did test these, but found they were not durable enough to meet IH engineering standards.

SO....IH decided to make thier own,.....and now you know the rest of the story......

My 1200 shift lever decided to go in circles today. Pulled the asembly off and it looks like a weld let go. My question is how do you take the shift arm out of the assembly? Do you pull the cup on the bottom with the H opeing in it that looks like it is pressed in, and if so what is the best way to remove it. I removed the pin holding the spring already.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Apostle -

Yeah, that's it, the Wagner Little Giant!

I know we've had a few pics of these here...

Brinly moldboard question,
How do I go about replaceing a turnbuckle for my 8" Brinly plow, mine is completely rusted and refuses to turn even after applying heat from an Oxy-Acetline torch.
I thought I had saw a replacement on a web site but can't find that web site anymore and don't want to have to purchase a new plow just to get the turnbuckle.

Latest posts

Back