• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,

I figured that's what you had to do but I didn't really want to mess with the setting, but I guess I can readjust it later.

Thanks

One quickie note to think about here. See the machined surface in the picture. I can't remember how critical that surface area's type of machining is offhand however if it is welded then matching that surface area or not matching it may mean the difference between a long life and a short life to the gerotor pieces. There is no such thing as a one type of machined surface fits all surface areas.

Need Help, I have a 127 that I had to replace the hydro (forward & Reverse) control leaver in other words the whole forward & reverse control system. I got the old broken one out but now I am having trouble getting the new one in I took off the instrument tower, steering wheel, now i can't get this to go back together, so if there is anyone that knows a trick or how to do it please tell me, because right now I am very frustrated.

Eric Thomas

Does this help?

221615.png

Well after taking a few minutes and walking away from it i finally got it back together.

I was having trouble getting part 19 and the steering column to go into the holes on the tower, so i took off the dash and got both of them to reseat like they are supposed too.

Tom-
Here's the picture that Paul was referring to:

221618.jpg

Here is what Ed Miller from Miller-Tire says about it:

"New Firestone 4.80-8 Turf Guide Rib Tires are now in stock !

This is the closest to the Goodyear "All Weather" tire that is available today.

Tire is $45 each + shipping. Save 50% on Shipping cost in the continental USA , Now thru Feb 28, 2011.

When you place your order, You need to ask for the "WFM" Shipping Discount.

To order call 800-621-1955, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm EST"

Sorry about the "other site" reference, but if it gets you a discount...
happy.gif

ART, TOM - Been my experience that the "GUM DIPPER" Firestone tires last longer without weather checking & cracking. Since all my GY tires on my old CC's are cracked & checked, but the ONE Firestone 13.6X38 23 deg. on the '51 M that was installed about 1964 still looks almost brand new.

The fact those tires are FS as opposed to GY is a Good Thing.

MARLIN - I'd have to see one of those hydro plates in person to tell for sure but they do have a pretty nice finish, ground for sure, not milled. I used to have a calibrating plate for setting profilometers. It was divided for milled & ground surfaces.

If any type of repair would be done to Norm's plate, braze or weld, the WHOLE surface of the plate should be ground to flat and to finish.
The finish almost looks BLANCHARD ground with the grind pattern having arcs due to the round grinding head of the Blanchard, but it must have been a REALLY big one.

Years ago I used to know where EVERY Blanchard grinder was in the Quad-Cities. Most of them were at the machine shop the company I worked for rented office & warehouse space from. Couple others too. They're great for removing metal fast, getting things relatively flat and smooth, and with some rigging can get things parallel and square.

I'm trying to install this rockshaft assy., but don't understand something. What ties item 5 to the shaft since no pin goes thru it?
board-post.pl

Back