• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 20, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg L.
The 14 tooth takes a 1/4" x 2" spirol pin.
As far as yours being to short (THE PIN)!!!!
It will be fine as long as your wife doesn't mind!
biggrin.gif

Jim Harder

So funny you say that. I got a few 10 hp tractors here that are smother running and will make my best 12 or 14 hp tractors at a loss. My best working tractors are my 10 hp 12 (129) and my 149 .I don`t own an 782 or any tractor twin cylinder. The 82 ser would be a diesel and well I love it. Because I know I can work it every time all it can do for longer than I will last to run it. Fuel usage along I don`t see why more guys don`t own a diesel Cub.

Don,
I have every intension of owning a diesel cub. Just have to find one. I have all the 82 series except for a diesel and a 182. I had a 122 for about 20 minutes and made a few hundred bucks so it was a good tractor. I just truly hate the 50 series. But some people love them. And I am sure that every series had the good points and there bad. bout the only thing I don't like bout 782 is I wish it would lift higher. Although in one of the Faqs someone had a way to fix that. Just haven't done it yet.Jim

Don T - Yeah, I finally Slip Plated the inside of the chute (actually the entire inside of the thrower housing and the paddles that throw the snow, too) a year ago and it makes an amazing difference. Yesterday I helped a neighbor with her driveway and there was water in the curb at the end of the driveway - snow and water flew with no threat of plugging. BIG improvement from the same conditions two years ago.

Digger - Sadly, after 37 years of wedded bliss, I don't think my bride even noticed that I was 3/4" short!
blush.gif

Thanks for the re-assurance! I'll be checking CC Specialties to see if you have any 2" spirol pins in stock. I need a few spares, just in case...

After blowing snow tonite with the walk behind snowblower makes me want to get a cub out of the shed and get the blade on for how heavy it is.

Kraig, no sarcasm. I use the 169 for plowing snow, blowing snow, pulling wheel rake, mowing, plowing dirt, and tilling garden. I have front and rear tire sets i swap out depending on the season, there's not much time for it to sit still. If I use it much longer like I do, it will be on its FOURTH life (PO had the original 13 fin rebuilt, wore out, and dropped a Kohler short block onto it)

That being said, I've replaced the hood hinge, diecast hood end, drive coupler, pins, rag joints, and a few other parts more than once because of the vibration. I sincerely love it for the torque monster that it is, but after mowing an acre with it every few days, and after buying a 2072, something in between would sure be nice.
happy.gif

Kraig,

I cheated....

283920.jpg

Charlie,

Hate to see that set of tapes destroyed.....lots of history lost.......

My 169 went down the road due to the vibrations......ate hood hinges for breakfast....4411 light bulbs too, and that was with a balanced crank.
283922.jpg

Wyatt is 100% correct, sitting on a twin is a MUCH smoother experience.

169 is a monster torque producer, but the 17 and replacement 18 Mag will run right with it out on the plow day field.

Fuel???? I'll pay the extra couple bucks for the fuel and save the dentist bills!!!!!

Charlie, Sad to see IH Cub Cadet material go up in smoke like that! I hope maybe a few tapes lucked out, where information can be saved. Maybe one day we can have a look to see,..... .

Jim Harder
after having my 129 and 149 and thinking they were the best Cubs ; Well it got down to power and cost to run them. The 1512 has shown me that it works hard for way less $$$. I want a super next with pwer steering and hyd ports at both ends. My diesel has that now and I have parts here to add the power steering. Just time to get er all done. You have come so far in what I see you post her on this site and what you have done that I must thank you for doing it. I found this hobby to late to relay enjoy what I could have done to make these Cubs into great tractors with the options I would like to see them have. I will do what I want with my Cubs to make them do what I want and I thank IH for giving me the base to start with. I would so much like to correlate Cub info by model and a model number would give anyone all the info for the Cub. I would like to see that done for every model. I offered to do a few models to Charlie tonight. His answer was , well I like you but do you have any idea what you are taking on with that. well ,It will be a lot of collecting date and displaying it in a way that will let all know what there tractor will do and everything in the way of attachments wiring ect. .I will do one tractor and I would hope Kraig might take on a 125 just because he likes them so much lol. well we would only need a few other guys to do the same for the model of there choice. and we could lift up and give all service and attachments manuals for each Cub under one heading its model number and parts list. This gathering of info that is traceable would help our hobby so much for the new and older Cub owner.

Back