• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Brad. You have made great choices in tractors according to your profile. Next you need to get some gear drives. They ROCK.

Kent, I know where a 108 is for cheap.But as of now I am on my way to look at an 1811 for my mother to mow with. Brad

Picked up some NOS goodies today
wink.gif

16016.jpg

I wonder how the 100 will look/sound with it...

Bryan ,is that a 169 muffler or the quiet kit for the 129/149? looks like the holes of a 169 air cleaner but it looks skinny or is that the angle of the picture? what other cool stuff did you get?

Hello all, I, like Brad, would like to introduce myself. My name is Steve Leggett, I live near Heyworth IL. about 10 miles south of Bloomington. I've had cc's for about 8 years now. My first was a 126 for free-since then I've been hooked!

Rich P -

It's the noise suppression kit...

Went to the RV show today. Found a Cub camper!
16018.jpg

Thing is like 1100 punds and sleeps two. Wonder If I could gut it and clam shell the back and stuff a Cub in there??????

Had a good cub day today helping a friend change the hytran and filter on his 127 that he aquired late last fall. He was complaining that the hydro was acting sluggish so I told him to drop by with it and we would take a look at it. Found that the filter appeared to be the ORIGINAL filter from when it came from the factory and the hytran was a dark brown. Put the new filter on and filled her up with clean hytran and he was a happy camper again. Gotta love a machine that will take a beating and still keep on ticking.
ihrotate.gif

Bryan-
Nice quiet kit. Some of the parts are still available like the filter base and the foam doughnut, but I think hte muffler, shield and air cleaner lid are NLA . . . . then again if you have a 2" holesaw . . . .

Steve L.

I'm between Peoria and Bloomington in Metamora.......if you ever get up this way give me a shout.

I was just in Heyworth a couple weeks ago for work (AmerenCILCO).

WooHoo! The 123 got the 3 pt today. It was not too bad of an installation. One thing that I learned is to install the mounting point that connects to the lift bar, and the rock shaft. I put just the bracket on then when I tried to put the bar in, it woudldn't fit between the frame and the pin. Yeah, it is tight under the narrow frames.

Thanks for the info on the bracket, Wes.

Here are some pics of the new 3pt.
16021.jpg

16022.jpg

Bryan ,did you get the exaust elbo? if so do you have a pic. I have a couple of the mufflers and I know where there is a few more but I haven`t come up with the elbo yet and if I remember right they list a dif. one.Paul B gave me the number out of his parts book ,mine just shows nla.
I wanted to do up a 149 with it ,should sound a little like a 169 and look kool too. Thanks ,Rich

Steve B. I've done some work in Metamora [Farnsworth-Surveying for the city] It's a small world, If I get In the area I'll give ya a holler

Okay... so this was mounted to the back of a 149 rolling chassis, and my question is...

WHAT IS IT?

\attach {whatzit1} \attach {whatzit1}

Art, not yet. Still have to make the 1" lift mounts. We are trying to figure out how to keep the larger gas tank in for the extra capacity. We are brainstorming, and should be able to make it work without destroying a hood. We will see. I did get the grill on, and I didn't have any trouble with it interfering with the S/G. I did redue the fuel line.

Dave K, looks like the mounting flange for the 90 degree gear box for a tiller.

Dave-
Mounting bracket for a 1A tiller.

Rich-
I think those mufflers just use a threaded-one-end pipe nipple.

Latest posts

Back