• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 17, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ewan
I think the quality of the decals from maple hunter is pretty good. They are not 100% match from what I have seen. Some of the fonts "usually on the dash" seem to be different. Some people probably don't even notice it but that is what I have noticed.
Nate

Harry,

Thanks for the message. The funny thing about the 1000 is it spent all but the last two years in Illinois. It was a dedicated lawn mower and was always stored inside. It is in remarkable shape for its age. It really looks good from 20' away - when you get closer it has warts.

The 1450 on the other hand was rode hard and put away wet - over and over. I completely rebuilt the tractor. I replaced the hood, front casting, dash with tin, plus a bunch of mechanical repairs. The engine iso mounts were all torn up, the self-centering bushings were gone so the engine jumped when you drove it, the wiring was mess and it had a bunch of screwed-up PO mods I had to fix.

When the tiller gearbox got installed the PO drilled a hole in the front and put the drawbar there. He must have been afraid he was going to lose it. By the looks of the tractor he wasn't afraid to use a drill.

Yes the 1000 runs very smooth. It hasn't been right since I got it back. Once I get the clutch fixed it will be the way it used to be - quiet and vibration-free.

I forgot to say I picked up the 1450 package deal (1450, 44" deck, #2 tiller and Brinley scraper) from a guy in Turlock, CA. The 1000 is in much better shape and it spent most of its life in rust country. The 1450 spent most of it's life outside in the summer sun and winter rain here in California. The condition is opposite of what you would expect. The way a piece of equipment is kept is everything.

I'm not sure about Maple Hunter, but CC Specialties (right at the top of the page, you know, one of the forum sponsors) stocks the decals and ships worldwide...... might give 'em a try...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 128
Gerry
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 116
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
I recently needed the decals for just the hood and the sides of the dash for my 129. I called Maple Hunter, the Riley, IN number (812-894-9759) and got just what I needed without buying the whole kit. Fair price and quick delivery. Riley, IN is just a few miles south and east of Terre Haute on Hwy. 46.

David Schwandt,

I found something that works real well with fiberglass.
Elmer's All Purpose repair system 2 part epoxy. I found it at Lowes hardware.
This epoxy does not set up fast, giving you plenty of time to work with, and it has almost no smell.
All you have to do is tape up one side of the holes, mix the epoxy 50/50 and spread on. When it sets up, sand smooth and drill the holes the correct size.
I repaired the edges of the dash where the hood rubs it through/thin. Great stuff!
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 115
Marty, THANKS!! No that sounds doable!
I can't imagine how in the world this thing ended up back at a parts depot all screwed up like it is, complete w/original warehouse pick ticket
Darn shame really.

Tom, I would suggest a fuel tank liner, any brand is ok just follow the instructions to the letter. Oh and never use ethanol based fuels with a repaired tank!

Back