• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick,

I noticed you are fairly new to this forum. If no one has told you yet,
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Attachments

• WELCOME.gif
    WELCOME.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 114
  • groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 108
So I am having trouble with the 450 blower on my 982 that I got to use for the first time tonight (on the 982 that is). Its not dropping all the way to the ground?? I have installed the carriage bracket extensions as well as the longer lift link arms - had ones 13" long made up today. Holes are 1/2" from each end of the 13" piece. When I blew snow with it tonight it was leaving about 2 inches of snow give or take in the drive. I made sure to drive slow to allow it to "dig" down through the snow if there was any hard packed stuff. We got dumped on with about 12 to 16 inches depending on where you are and how the wind got a hold of the snow.
What am I missing? I had a look at the manual when I cam in tonight to see if I could find anything. I see on page 14 of the manual it talks about the pivot link arms on either side - is that something that would allow it to drop down more?

302365.jpg

302366.jpg

Attachments

• 302365.jpg
    302365.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 302366.jpg
    302366.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 302366.jpg
    302366.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 302365.jpg
    302365.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 113
Do I have to change the set up on the pivot link to make it "drop" the blower itself more?

302370.jpg

Attachments

• 302370.jpg
    302370.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 302370.jpg
    302370.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 121
Mike-
Is your lift rod threaded? If so, you may need to remove the pin at one of the ends and "screw" it in to make it shorter.

Also, I know the blower lifts by pushing, but does the adjustable cam on the side of the frame limit your drop in any way?

Where do people go to get their decals, I have a CC 70 I'm in the process of restoring, thanks

Aaytay,
Yes it is threaded at the blower end. I had removed it and threaded it out and then back in. Maybe that's all it is, but I am sure I had tried each way, threaded out a bit and then back in all the way too?
I am sure what I am doing is something REALLY simple and dumb - but I can't put my finger on it. A guy from another site said the same thing, he looked at my pictures and shook his head thinking there is something, just can't place it???
Where is that little Donnie Tanner when you need him?
1a_scratchhead.gif
He's the one who got me into this mess, saying this is the blower I need! He was right, it eats the snow like no tomorrow, now I just have to get it adjusted right!

Ewan,
I have been told best place to get decals is Maple Hunter, have seen a couple they have done, pretty decent. Not that I am a decal expert by any means, but my old eyes think they look good??

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 117
Ewan Smith. The sponsors at the top of the page will have good quality decals for your tractor.

Back