• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David-
There are ways to make that K301 head work, it entails drilling the bolt holes a couple sizes larger (letter-drill sizes, no more than one fraction size) and sliding the head all the way towards the carb, but even at that I'm not 100% sure that it'd help.

As far as washers, I just use thick hardened washers UNstacked, I'm not real crazy about stacking washers, it's better to use a solid spacer IMHO, but I'm sure it's been done with success.

Wyatt, look what someone did to this K301. This was in a 125 that I parted. I think it has a broken rod. There's no window in the block so I hope it's rebuildable. Someday I'll have the time to tear it down to find out.

25709.jpg

I would like to remove the electric PTO from the engine on a 1250. Is it the same as a non-electric pto? I did check the FAQ page.
Dean

Dean R. -

But didja check the shop manual?
wink.gif

If you do, you'll find that the two are apples and oranges. Note that instructions on removing/installing BOTH kinds are in the wide frame shop manual.

Dean R. -

Isn't it about time?
lol.gif

If folks want to send you scans or if there are sites that offer scans of copyrighted material, that's their business (and legal headache). But don't look for them here
wink.gif

Not sure how useful a FAQ entry of a procedure so well documented on paper would be.

Wheel weights, Does weight on the wheels provide more traction then weight on the Tractor. I am going to use a rear Blade on my 149 to work a Gravel driveway. Do I need Wheel weights? and if so how much?

Herb,

Weight is weight. Wheel weights (when over used) can increase the chances of twisting off an axle, but frame weight increases the load that the wheel bearings have to carry. Each has their own + and -, but in the end weight is weight (provided it's placed in approximately the same location).

Wheel weights are great for keeping the CG low for road ditches, etc.

For grading I would think you would want some extra weight on the tractor, especially if you anticipate heavy cutting or dragging large piles of gravel around.

Steve- I Have been thinking of using lead bricks, 35 lbs each. Mount to inner frame, little of center rear. Think this would aid in most "weight needed" situations?

Paul,
Are those black socks with shorts? My wife says thats a fashion no-no. But I guess anything went back in the sixties.
err.gif

Johnny,
I wouldn't pick up the whole tree. I would cut the stump into 4 foot sections and then use this:
(BTW, its painted now, but I have to take a new picture)
25712.jpg

Hi guys
I have an h-42 haban snowblower i am using on my very awesome iron 782.
I called one of our sponsors for a chain and sprocket set for the auger. I got the chain, and the small sprocket is $$ available,But the large sprocket is ??not!!
Does anyone have any suggestions or where to look for one.
I was of course impressed with the shooting power of some of the other members modified sno-chuckers.I would settle for a chain that stayed on its track: although my neighbor does have an empty lot next door that he clears with a 6'wide woods 2 stage.hmmm...
Thanks John

Marcus,
MSC has several styles of front and rear aluminum wheels. I had Douglas wheels on Mein Kub.

Paul "D",
Nice "evolution" of Man/Cub Cadet pix!

KENtuckyKen >
The cross member is 2"square stock 1/4 wall.
The pic's I posted is just the beginning of the project. I know it needs to have a better built sub frame, however I just tossed this together to get the basic out line of the loader going.
I know I can build it liteweight and strong at the same time, it just takes plenty of planning.

The last loader I had on this cub was only held onto the cub frame by 6 bolts and it never failed but I can kick my self in the backside for ever getting rid of it, thinking I would never have use for a loader again after I got done useing it.

About a month ago i posted about a whistling noise on my 149 which sounded like it was coming from the frt. i looked for a leaking head gasket since then and all is well. i still have the noise which i guess is not really a whistling noise but more like a whirring or noisy bearing. i ran the engine with the hydro and starter/gen. disconnected. still this whirring / noisey bearing sound. this noise is speed sensitive, ie louder with more engine speed. i am not familiar with the kohler engine and was wondering if i am hearing something from the balance gears or governer.(can my hearing be that good?!) any ideas or direction would be a great help.

Robert Z. -

Are you sure it's a whirring or more of a buzzing? If it's buzzing, the 1x8/1x9 series was famous for the grille insert vibrating.

Bryan M.
thanks for the advice. i wish it was the grille but it is not. the grille and hood are not on it at this time.

Lonny your picture sure is misleading then 'cause the cross mount looks like 1 - 1.25".

crawling back in my hole now....

Back