• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 14, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, how does one post 5-6 pages the same 12-15 items on sleezbay without a break??? I really don't care but would ike to know how it's done. <font size="-2">(Not that I'm planning on dooing that)</font>

Joseph that is coming along,nice ags what brand are they? how did your move go did the cubs make it safely

Thanks jeff. Its not going to be anything special, just a cleaned up worker. The tires are made by nanco. I discovered I could get quite a deal on them through my work. They may not be as nice as other tires out there but for the price I figured wth. Yes the cubs made it safely, unfortunately due to recent events the herd has to be downsized as will be forced to move yet again.

Kieth: I had to mill 2 of the pads on one of my tractors. The original thickness or what's left of the 2 best pads measures about 1.06" (1st pic) I had the other 2 that were worn down unevenly milled down to .91" (2nd 2 pic's) and will add a washer to bring it back up level w/the other 2.

253830.jpg

253831.jpg

253832.jpg

Tom: One way would be by relisting items that didn't sell - several items will relist at the same time. Is it those Cub Cadet Manuals that bug you, too? Hey, I'm off dial-up! What a difference! Now to send a check out to Dave Kirk for a crankshaft regrinding. Spring will spring!
happy.gif

David, Thank you, seems I only have 1 good pad. I'm also going to put helicoils in threaded holes too. This fix is a lot cheaper than a new oil pan.

Charlie:
I understand your point (pun NI) about rough setting points and never having a problem - most small engines are pretty forgiving when it comes to timing, much more it seems than carb setting..HOWEVER, when the operating conditions start moving out to the edges of the design envelope and the engine runs too hot (retarded) or pinging from preigntion from too much advance, taking little gouges out of the piston, more accurate setting of timing, using the marks, pays off.

A comment on how cam timing does affect ignition timing.. lots of small engines have the point cam on the flywheel and open every rotation, although the engine needs spark every other rotation. The Kohler uses a point cam on the cam shaft, which rotates at half engine speed, so the engine only gets spark every other rotation. Again, the point (pun NI) is that cam timing, as Jeremiah mentioned, is important, as the timing marks on the flywheel assume proper cam timing.. (I'm sure the pullers can attest to how complicated this can get, if they run cam timing anything other than straight up, LOL). Actually, if you can get the spec, the most accurate timing spec isn't based on rotation, but how far below the deck the piston is on the compression stroke when the points open... Since its usually not practical to set timing this way, we index the flywheel with timing marks (or measure point gap at that point, then at maximum point opening, subtract the difference and com up with a spec based on point gap..... which can vary because of tolerances in individual engines....

Don: Black smoke doesn't come from bad ignition timing - do we need to send you back to small engine school? - Maybe you need to go down to Gows Hardware and see if there's somebody that can help.... Maybe there's someone in Italy Cross or Cherry Hill that can give you small engine pointers (I don't think Canadian Tire has anyone)
dunno.gif

General question (Harry)-

I know the 1x9 series was made from '71 to '74 but what time frame was the 169 made? Was it made the whole time or just a portion of this time frame? I was recently told it was only made one year.

TIA!

hey yall.....submitted all the #'s for my 169.....just wondering where the updated list might be found.....

Back