• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 12, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl, if you use studs, put in 5 so the whole hitch and rear lift plate have 3 studs fastening them. I have done that on my 1650 and have not had an issue. Brian M. used only 4 studs on his 169 and if I remember right bent the studs and damaged his rear casting plowing at a plow day one year.

Holy Cow!

Wes is still alive!!!!!

beerchug.gif

There's 2 members (I think they still are) I went to school with that can tell you"Earl tight"® will ruin an Original's head, snap 3 wheel studs on an 80's Mack truck with Dayton rims, and break a 1 inch drive breaker bar with no cheater pipe.
I got one of those thicker covers from Charlie and when I get a pic you'll see my welding skills... That doesn't leak on dad's 1450, but I need to get appropriate tools for drilling and threading next time.
Ethan your regular drawbar will fit upside down, mine was that way on my 1450's tiller mount when I got it.
We had some 2 inch head bolts on a gear box at work not long ago that maintenance broke a 3/4 drive impact on. I came in that night loosened them with a 1/2 drive breaker bar and wish I got a pic of their faces next morning.
I use a torque wrench now
happy.gif

Thanks for the suggestion Wes!

I
319442.jpg

I found a pic doing a search from just last year some PO jb weld a bolt with the head cut off on this side

Marty G. Pow'r Pup is a home made garden tractor from 1961,

On Monday, my son got the Keepsake 1650 running after I got it back from a neighbor that I tried to help get started in Cub Cadets only to get screwed over. I let him use the Keepsake for snow removal. When I went to bring it home last summer to mow lawn with I discovered he had removed the coil..... Never once mentioned doing so. Long story short.... We had a major fall out and when I went to get it I could get it to barely run. I limped it home. When Justin went to check the coil..... the neighbor put the wires on wrong and fried the coil.

We figure that he actually had fried the coil when he put it on his 127 to see if his coil was bad. NOW I know why he started asking me how to tell if a coil was bad. I got the 582 back that I had originally given to him due to him owing me money. The clutch is a total cobble job. And to think this kid does his own automobile brake jobs.

Off to work.... Everyone have a super day.

Marlin, have a great day!

Anyone know what this might be off of? Farmall Cub maybe?
dunno.gif

319447.jpg

319448.jpg

Earl-my cracked bolt hole is missing the top two or three threads still plenty of meat in the casting but I got in there with my mirrors and what not to make sure it wasn’t cracked farther down the lobe

Latest posts

Back