• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balbrecht

displayname
Brian Albrecht
Harry B,
Any chance you can take some measurements of the springs that came with your rear blade/rake? Those springs are very hard to find.

Hey Donnie T - of course I was just razin' ya! I'm really sorry you are going to have to wait till next year. Hope things really do work out for ya.

Jeff B - I'd rather fight than switch. Harry's is really the best
biggrin.gif

Brian A - yes I know those springs are hard to find. They only followed me so far as my son's place at this point. I'll see if I can get him to take some measurements tho. I kinda really wondered what they were for until I read the manual and it sounds like they are supposed to be for lift assist.

Charlie P. THANK YOU!!! That helps a lot.
happy.gif

I received an e:mail yesterday from a young man that resides in nearby Nevada. He has a Cub Cadet 70 with front blade and an 108. He's just getting started with Cub Cadets. Needless to say I recommended that he joins this Forum.
Shift.gif

Off to work... It's cold here. Everyone ahve a safe, warm and wonderful day.

Donnie T...whats a trower??...is that how you say thrower up Nort there eh??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mick - eh eh eh eh eh
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

(I really gotta stop this tuff, I jus ca't help mysef)

Don T - seriously. My apologies for poking fun at your post about not getting thru the snow to your shed. I really do appreciate your posts, your knowledge of Cub Cadets, your ability to post pics, which I love to see on here, and all your efforts to work on and take care of your Cub Cadets. You are a valued contributer to this Forum. I do hope your up coming surgery goes well and your other ailments improve. Even tho you are 3000+ miles away from me I would hope to actually meet you in person one day.
All the best,
Hydro

Mick

Blame that bad spelling on my tablet. good to see Harry is having a blast .He sounds way to stiff with all that correct **** lol . any Cub In any shape that runs and works IS better than none . We are expecting another big snow storm tonight and on the weekend so I might have to hire some digging out . I then will see if I have the parts for the tensioner I need to get the belt tight. I sit here thinking I might try the pulley from mule drive and see if that will add some tension to the thrower belt.

Harry B your a bad man. As punishment you should send me those rear attachment. I will actually use them.

Don T - you got a tablet? Geez, I'm still working with stone slabs
roflol.gif

(Oops, here I go again)

Hey Don-

What's wrong with your loader? It seems to me if all else fails then just haul the snow out...bucket by bucket.

Wayne

the loader sits inside the heated shop and the snow will freeze in the bucket . I find it took to long to clear snow with it. I might have to put my 54" blade on it and that would work slick I bet .

Don T - HORRAAY!!!! I did something good by encouraging you to get the adjuster. Now, the adjuster in your pic is for the "non-A" suffix throwers like QA36 and QA42. It will probably work on a QA36A or QA42A but I don't know if everything lines up. Also, there is that nasty nut on the bottom holding the eye bolt, that is always a pain to get off. The threads on the eye bolt are always smashed from using the thrower.
Good luck with your efforts - I know you'll get it.

Brian A - attached is a pic of one spring for the rear blade/rake. Looks like the total overall length of the spring is 11.5 inches, the main spring coil section is 9.75 inches, there are 66 coils (if my son counted correctly) and the spring is 1 inch OD (side to side). Looks like the spring material itself is 1/8".
And by the way, the last time I said Wisconsin I had "not" said it all
biggrin.gif

294193.jpg

Harry

I think I have been led astray on the tensioner . If you say what I found is not correct , then I`am at a lost as to what I should have. I did get the belt tight and will get to try it out Friday night if we get what the weather guys are saying . I can see a bft in my future with a heated cab and my cubs will be stored till summer .

Harry, We just gotta find a source for these darn springs! Both the spring assists and the rake/blade springs. Thanks BTW, for the spec's on 'em. I was hoping some one would post them.

My rake is missing both of them and I have some S/A's w/o springs also.

Inspired by last weeks discussions, my 982/2072 now wears a "correct" IH power steering decal thanks to Maple Hunter.....

294195.jpg

294196.jpg

I have also discovered that our friends from the "not yet ripe" side of the fence have VERY nice hydraulic covers on their machines that work equally nice on our "ripe" red machines......

294197.jpg

294198.jpg

Steve B , hopefully you unpackaged and disposed of the yellow packages out of site of the 982. it could decide to throw a full blown balls out hissy fit when you try to put them on it

Don T., you should be good to go on the belt tensioner. The main part is the same for both the QAxx and QAxxA.

294202.jpg

294203.jpg

294204.jpg

Latest posts

Back