• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digger.............the old, old IH X-ref book says the 124348R91 u-joint cross is the same as a Neapco 1605X.

Steve B., I think the only ones I don't have scans of are the brochures of the 184 and the 284. TIA!

Thanks Ken,
I'll give that a shot, I've tried everything else!
eek.gif

I recently had a K301 bored and completely rebuilt and would like to customize it to fit in my 682, but I don't want to modify the metal. I've been told 1282 and quietline parts would get the job done, but have no luck with this project thus far.
Anyone with suggestions, please let me know as it would greatly be appreciated.
happy.gif

Jason,

MTD put a 12hp K-301AQS in an 82 series. You will need an AQS (Quiet line style) block 12hp (drilled and tapped for the electric PTO clutch) complete with all of the AQS sheetmetal, etc. and the motor mount parts for a 1282 (cradle and possibly spacers).....the rest is basically drop in.

We can't help you much more than that, short of actually doing it.

Howdy all been a while. Stinky finally came to life this weekend for some cleaning up around the property. I think this may be the last season for that poor series I KT.
sad.gif

During clean up I decided to give back the yellow home built trailer that I picked up off the curb. So out to the curb it went Saturday afternoon. Well just a liitle bit ago it found a new home. I almost fell over the way it went to it's new home!!
25664.jpg

25665.jpg

(Message edited by till on February 14, 2005)

Getting the word out early for this show in Quad Ctiy, IL area in Sep. Need to have a good balance of Cubs and Deeres along with all the other colors. Everyone welcome if you can make it.

Dennis

Atkinson, IL Antique Tractor Assoc to feature Garden Tractors

Garden tractors will be featured for the first time at the 44th
annual Antique Engine and Tractor Association show on September 16-
18, 2005. The club's show grounds are located near Atkinson,
Illinois, with easy access from Interstate 80. For this show, garden
tractors have been defined as all brands of "lawn and garden"
tractors, including customized and modified. Contact Dave Carton 309-
441-5915 for info
http://www.atkinson-engine-tractor-assoc.com/enter.html

DENNIS SILVER - Where abouts in Atkinson is that show held? I grew up just a few miles down the road west of Geneseo. Folks still live there. Won't be too many Rumley's there with Ronny Miller involved will there?
happy.gif
Kinda a BAD Weekend for Me since Allis-Chalmers is celebrating their 150th Anniversary in Milwaukee (West ALLIS,WI.)that weekend.....or I'd be there.

Thanks for your help Steve. I'll post in the wanted to buy section to try and find the cradle and spacers.
thumbsup.gif

Jason,

You might be better off just buying them new, it won't be too bad and then you'll know for-certain that you have all of the parts that you will need (have the dealer compare them to a KT-17 install, and check the differences)

Dennis Silver,
Why do we need to have a "Good balance of Dear Johns and Cub Cadets"? I'd laugh my a$$ of if the Cub Cadet outnumber the JD's! That's their bachyard.
Will have to see what's going on that weekend, Think it might be the Lake County Show.

It's dead around here.......

How many of you guys have projects going with your Cubs????? How about an update or brief history of your project??? Might generate some conversation.

I'm swapping an AL rear end out of a 782 and installing a CI unit. Rebuilding a Mag 18 for my 782, and trying to work on my 148 plowing tractor project.

Tom-
"That's their backyard"
HA!! Take a trip around Waterloo, IA sometime, it's <font color="ff0000">RED</font> for at least 20 miles around!

Steve-
I'm on the third year of building the 141, AKA the Wheatland. So far it's nearly all painted and I need to buy a couple engine internals, finish welding, grinding, mudding, and painting the 2.5" widened fenders, finish painting the hood, plate the necessary fasteners, finish building the narrow frame lift unit, then build a wire harness. It should be a well thought-out powerhouse when complete with (what I'm hoping for) 18+/- horsepower, and THREE useable plowing gears. All in all the tractor's not anything incredibly spectacular but it's made to do one thing well with reliability, plow. I'm not in any hurry to finish it, I'd have liked to finish it for this spring (or at least one a few years ago) but with my divorce, and fire department stuff, and work, etc. I haven't hardly had time to do ANYTHING in the garage but pull the 169 our 3 times to plow snow.

After my racing Cadet is done I am going to start on my Cub Cadet 100 forklift. This weekend I am going to visit Kelly Birkey and brainstorm from his forklift. I think that I will use a Case rearend. What do you think

Tyler, any chance you could take a bunch of digital photos, for me, of Kelly's forklift and the 4x4 articulated loader Cub he built (provided of course that he will allow you to do so)? Thanks in advance.

My Cub Cadet Original, aka "K4K", refurb is on hold until warmer days. I did send the foot rests to Travis and had them powdercoated a few weeks back. They sure turned out nice! (Thanks Travis!!!) The most recent work I did on it was install a thrust bearing on the steering gear box. Due to the Original steering box using a 1/2" bolt rather than a 5/8" bolt I had to come up with a different bearing than is called out in the Super Steering Box Rebuild in the FAQ. I used one from McMaster-Carr that is thin enough so that even with the two required thrust washers, I was also able to retain the dual nut setup (adjusting nut and jam nut) rather than changing to a nylon lock nut. Of course until I get the tractor all together I won't know if this is a good setup. But at least it's a cheap experiment. Not including shipping the parts cost $3.69. (Shipping was $5.50 but I bought a bunch of other stuff at the same time)

The thrust bearing is part number: 5909K31
The two thrust washers are part number: 5909K44

I will take as many pictures as I can. He told me to take as many pictures as I would like. Are there any particular angles? Also would you like a picture of the disk he made? Just let me know.

Kraig..What is the bearing part # for those 1/2 inchers you used on the original box....They are easier to find if you ask for a part #..
Thanks, Myron B

Latest posts

Back